• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Ronda's voice acting and delivery through story mode was awful.
Every time Sonya talked, I made that "I need to shit" face.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand why people complain about this. What do you need an extra button for? You can use it to fake people out or just ignore it.

Taunts, short jump, super, running, dodge, rolling etc etc. It could be used for a lot.

More importantly, the very fact that characters turn around back and forth only makes the game less legible. Just making it there's only one orientation would improve the game

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
what i don´t understand, in addition to those overtuned towers they could have added an 3vs3 mode, like a team battle where you can switch out the characters. would have been really cool imo.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The best part is they did this to push people into the cash shop but the cash shop only sells 5 skins a day so 90% of the people playing wont have anything they even want for awhile. Instead of monetizing that giant wall of skins and gears and taunts they have this tiny little wall of crap.

They also screwed up monetizing Injustice 2 no one bought anything because almost everything could be unlocked for free and the stuff people did wanna buy like premier skins never came and the ones that did they gave away for free.
Yep. I've honestly seen better monetization in mobile games. I didn't think they could make it worse than Injustice 2 but I should have never underestimated WB. They're low key worse than Activision and EA a lot of the time.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I've honestly seen better monetization in mobile games. I didn't think they could make it worse than Injustice 2 but I should have never underestimated WB. They're low key worse than Activision and EA a lot of the time.

How bad did you fuck up when people are saying you didn't even monetize right? I never thought I'd say this but at least mobile games have the decency to sell you whatever you wanna buy you wanna spend 300 bucks on a DBZ game go for it dude you wanna buy a ton of heroes on Fire Emblem knock yourself out.

I hate limited time cash shops I've never gotten out of bed and thought woohoo the cash shop updated I hope there's an item I actually want most of the time I do buy something on a cash shop it's an impulse buy when whatever they had was on sale. Yesterday I had 50 dollars saved up to buy burned Kabal and last night I spent that money on a Final Fantasy expansion pack.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I just checked, there is really nothing wrong with the chest, arms (or nipples, lol). This is on PS4 Pro though. Maybe on base consoles and Switch the textures aren't as good?

46764835045_471ec91caf_o.png
I noticed it on the X, but it's very possible that it just didn't render correctly or something. I dunno. I don't care much either way, just looked weird to me

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
To anyone who got it physically on Switch, is the Shao Kahn unlock in the game case?

I almost hit up a midnight last night to get a copy out of impatience, but I was expecting the code to be sent via email or something.

EDIT: I got mine through BBY and just saw the reply above my post. That sucks. It's like Dragon Ball FighterZ again.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
To anyone who got it physically on Switch, is the Shao Kahn unlock in the game case?

I almost hit up a midnight last night to get a copy out of impatience, but I was expecting the code to be sent via email or something.

If its Best Buy you got your order from. They having issues. It's supposed to come through email.

Many others as well as myself in this thread haven't gotten the code. Supposedly they will be sending it out over the next 24-48 hours.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody asked a few pages back, also of interest to me as I have only been messing in the practice modes yet: Which are the variations used in Ranked matches? Default variations or one of the tournament presets?

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I had a 25% off Best Buy coupon and a $10 off coupon as well. So I went out and bought the game... Looking forward to getting destroyed I guess. I usually suck at fighting games.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What's the Steelbook case that comes with Premium Edition look like? I know the Collectors got the one with the magnetic Mortal Kombat medal, is that the same one that Premium comes with?

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Not been keeping up. Is there an official statement regarding changes to Towers they're making? I want to believe the mode can be good.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
What's the Steelbook case that comes with Premium Edition look like? I know the Collectors got the one with the magnetic Mortal Kombat medal, is that the same one that Premium comes with?

Just a normal one with the logo printed on the case with metallic gold paint. Nothing like the CE. I have the PE.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
As much as I love the story, it's such an odd and bold choice to reboot again after only three games in the current timeline. I wonder what motivated Netherrealm to go that route...

Allegedly NRS has a 6 game deal with WB. MK11 is game 5 and if they make Injustice 3 then that's the end of their contract. So it's can see why they chose to do that since they will be "free."

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not interested in cosmetics and costumes etc., mostly just interested in learning how to play, and then eventually jumping into online one-on-one ( again, without cosmetics or upgrades, just character versus character), how is the experience?

Hope the Xbox player count is high too.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to manually re-connect to the online servers? I got booted out when in sleep mode and then I had to restart the game to re-connect.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not been keeping up. Is there an official statement regarding changes to Towers they're making? I want to believe the mode can be good.
Yes. There's been several official statements, but we don't know precisely HOW they'll be changed (they mentioned tweaking values like damage frames, resource allotment, etc), only the promise that they'll be doing so ASAP.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So where would Shao Kahn MK9 fit in the difficulty level people are experiencing in the towers?

Like a 5/10? That took me a long time to beat sadly.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck whoever designed these towers

Just one big character assist spam fest. And oh yea, I only have an hour to do 8 of these fights.

Fuck them for real. Scumbags.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If I'm not interested in cosmetics and costumes etc., mostly just interested in learning how to play, and then eventually jumping into online one-on-one ( again, without cosmetics or upgrades, just character versus character), how is the experience?

Hope the Xbox player count is high too.
If you just want to fight people online then you are going to have a great time. Not had this much fun with a fighting game online in a while.
Is there a way to manually re-connect to the online servers? I got booted out when in sleep mode and then I had to restart the game to re-connect.
Yeah this is annoying, I would like to know if you can reconnect without having to exit the game the first.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Oh seriously? You have to fight Kronica at the end of the towers too? She's such an awful fight, I was really hoping that was just regulated to the story mode.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand frame data in this game
codJuri.jpg

+9 on hit and 7f startup? I should be able to link First Take infinitly as long as I don't get pushbacked (which I'm not if anything the move is pushing me forward) yet I can't do a single 2 hits combo by linking two First Take at all. Also the cancel advantage being 10 and hit advantage being 9 makes no sense to me. Canceling cuts the active frames past the one you cancelled and all the recovery. It should be 9 + 13 = 24

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently not, which seems completely bonkers to me.

If you take five minutes, you can set it up that way, though. Just go into Kustomization, scroll over to abilities, then choose "use a preset." Choose the ones with the icon next to it, save, choose the 2nd default and do the same with the other pre-set.

But yeah, the fact that the default loadouts aren't the tourney pre-set loadouts is...curious.

This is going to drive me crazy because I am going to want to name them exactly what they are named in tournament mode lol. Have you found a better way to just make them default? Its probably not a big deal to some, but this is an awful decision on their part.