• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Is there a way to unlock shao khan without the preorder? I thought I had preordered it correctly from amazon but it didn't come with any code or anything

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who bought from Best Buy get their Shao Khan code? I just got my copy in the mail and there was nothing in the box. Haven't gotten any emails either.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Strange little bug on the PC version.

Was mucking around with Baraka variations and somehow my picture got stuck like this:

J1Jau7C.png

You can see part of the variation UI below the half picture - "2 unlocked".

Rebooting the game did nothing nor did going to another character.

Dean Wormer

Oct 28, 2017
So most of the consumables are worthless if you use a fight stick or a fight pad. Putting them on RS with motion. Is there a way to change that?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Strange little bug on the PC version.

Was mucking around with Baraka variations and somehow my picture got stuck like this:

You can see part of the variation UI below the half picture - "2 unlocked".

Rebooting the game did nothing nor did going to another character.

Recreated it - changing skin makes the variation picture as you see above. How awkward.

Lies

Oct 27, 2017
I can string together 100+ hit combos using every gadget in Batman but running through this counter block strike tutorial and seeing the timing required and I'm ready to call it a day.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Question about the Krypt, does it still have those dumb jump scares and giant spiders that were in 9 and X's Krypts?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I need some clarification on the variations/competitive/tournament thing.

Can we only use the 2 variations that have the tournament/trophy icon next to them in Ranked?

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
So no one has said what the Kombat League that starts in 27 days is? Hopefully it's a real ranked system, with promotions, demotions etc.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Question about the Krypt, does it still have those dumb jump scares and giant spiders that were in 9 and X's Krypts?
There are still moments where someone screams or shouts when you walk past certain areas, but nothing like before where something jumps on the screen, from what I've explored so far anyway. Also, yeah there are areas with giant spiders.

That hotfix can't come soon enough.
Yeah, it's the worst. I've barely touched the towers because of it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
playing this game since last week, game is getting better and better the more i play...the gameplay feels so good, animations MUCH improved from the last games, impact feels right, diversity is great, i am really satisfied with this entry

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't entered the Krypt or that weird hole, so I'm unable to comment on that, but the game itself is great. The gameplay is the best it's even been, in my casual opinion. Looking forward to playing more, maybe with that MTX "hotfix".

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the story, goddamn what a wild ride

I really hope we get the MK3 subway as a stage

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They're fixing that? That sounds exactly like peak NRS game design to me. How are they fixing it, adding a modifier that tilts the screen back and forth or renders the screen upside down?
As someone who has cleared all NRS towers before... this sounds worse from the videos I've seen. Like, "this is all but impossible" levels.

Some are meant to be beaten with required perks and attributes, yes, but others are just straight unenjoyable in any capacity. There's reasonable challenge and then there's... well, what I've seen so far.

Thankfully, they say they're going to fix it. Hopefully SOON.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
They're fixing that? That sounds exactly like peak NRS game design to me. How are they fixing it, adding a modifier that tilts the screen back and forth or renders the screen upside down?

first, no, in Injustice 2 the effects affected the AI too and not only the player like here. there are also fights where the enemy has 3 times the player health and receives reduced damage. they are fixing it to make it more fair after there was an kommunity uproar and reviews also reflected that the towers are shit

second, the tilting screen is already in the game :-)

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah...sadly, it's true. Never saying no to an idea for a modifier is the only way I can explain how black screens, upside down stages or reversed inputs etc. made it into a final version of the game. Sometimes the ridiculous holiday themed towers, with multiple modifiers at once, were a dumb distraction because ultimately, both players were being hit by shit they could never react to and it was short and ludicrous (and easy) enough that it wasn't a huge problem. But yeah, when multiple modifiers just make you want to assign an AI to do the tower for you, so that you don't have to actually play the fight, there's a problem...

I hope the changes to the Towers of Time are quick but also ongoing:
- get the rewards up, get the difficulty down asap
- go into the mode and think "this is the mode that's meant to keep people playing. Be honest, which modifiers and towers are actually fun?"

...or, just let people unlock stuff at a similar pace as the towers by doing anything else. Games should reward players' time and it sucks that the time is funneled into specific modes.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
As much as I love the story, it's such an odd and bold choice to reboot again after only three games in the current timeline. I wonder what motivated Netherrealm to go that route...

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

That hotfix can't come soon enough.

What the fuck was NRS thinking. Like sure, WB may have been breathing down their neck to incentivize monetization but you still need to make the game fun or nobody will want to keep playing it. There's no way that any of the developers at NRS played these towers and thought they were even remotely fun. It's not even fun in a "challenge to overcome" kind of way. It's just irritating and stupid.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
To anyone playing on their Switch Portable mode, how is the joycon for playing? I've yet to play a single fighting game on the thing so I'm sure the "dpad" is useless, that leaves the analogue stick.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck was NRS thinking. Like sure, WB may have been breathing down their neck to incentivize monetization but you still need to make the game fun or nobody will want to keep playing it. There's no way that any of the developers at NRS played these towers and thought they were even remotely fun. It's not even fun in a "challenge to overcome" kind of way. It's just irritating and stupid.

The best part is they did this to push people into the cash shop but the cash shop only sells 5 skins a day so 90% of the people playing wont have anything they even want for awhile. Instead of monetizing that giant wall of skins and gears and taunts they have this tiny little wall of crap.

They also screwed up monetizing Injustice 2 no one bought anything because almost everything could be unlocked for free and the stuff people did wanna buy like premier skins never came and the ones that did they gave away for free.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
To anyone playing on their Switch Portable mode, how is the joycon for playing? I've yet to play a single fighting game on the thing so I'm sure the "dpad" is useless, that leaves the analogue stick.
I had some real trouble last night trying to adapt to them and I couldn't string together basic combos but I persisted and by the end of the story mode, I'm roughly where I am with other gamepads in terms of skill level.

The D-Pad is surprisingly fine as well.