• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Preordered this game from Best Buy. Still waiting on my copy and still no Shao Kahn code...

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Why does installation keep stopping on the xbox? I had another game do this before where it just constantly stops installing from disc

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
PC folks

976310_20190423191831_1.png

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ok maybe I need to do the character tutorials, but I decided to just do the story first, what is up with that ninja mime move that Cage has? It looks like it might be a counter, but I couldn't make it work.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I know I'm focusing too much on this, but it's really weird how most people here enjoyed the story, while over at TYM most are calling it a series-ruining disaster.

I wonder what's causing the split.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've always been a Scorpion ride or die but playing as Jax feels so damn good in this game. That satisfying *thump* when he lands so a heavy punch is orgasmic.
I know I'm focusing too much on this, but it's really weird how most people here enjoyed the story, while over at TYM most are calling it a series-ruining disaster.

I wonder what's causing the split.
It takes a fairly bold direction and there are tons of unexpected twists that really shake things up. It's bound to be divisive and the first half definitely is rather slow but once you hit the halfway point, the pace speeds up and the game is densely packed with "holy shit!" moments.

Easily my favorite MK story in the franchise and one of the best fighting game stories of all time.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not a fan of how every Finisher now ends with an Injustice-style moving hold. I honestly miss seeing the grisly aftermath and the ridiculous amounts of gurgling bloodflow; found it so darkly humorous.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've always been a Scorpion ride or die but playing as Jax feels so damn good in this game. That satisfying *thump* when he lands so a heavy punch is orgasmic.

It takes a fairly bold direction and there are tons of unexpected twists that really shake things up. It's bound to be divisive and the first half definitely is rather slow but once you hit the halfway point, the pace speeds up and the game is densely packed with "holy shit!" moments.

Easily my favorite MK story in the franchise and one of the best fighting game stories of all time.
I agree, but I've seen the exact opposite opinion, which makes it weirder.

Most people over there believe that since the ending leaves the door open for another reboot then the story isn't really taking any risks since it will amount to nothing in the end.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Alright, so for everyone who pre ordered from Best Buy and didn't get a Shao Khan code, I just got off the chat with them. I told them I got a blank email from them, and they said they have heard about a bunch if blank emails going out and it's a system wide error. They said the digital team will be sending the codes out manually to everyone.

So if you didn't get a Shao Khan code, you just have to wait.

Genuine Class

Dec 25, 2017
Vancouver
I hope this is the right spot to post – if not, apologies and please delete. I worked on some of the fake UI in the game – holotables, computer screens, etc. – and was hoping to get my hands on the uncompressed cutscenes for portfolio reasons. If I buy the game, are the videos easily accessible? Thanks!

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had a problem getting a Shao Khan preorder code from best buy? I preordered online a few weeks ago for release day shipping and havent gotten a code yet. There also wasnt a code in the box.

edit: Nevermind just saw the post that was posted a few minutes before mine.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Has anyone had a problem getting a Shao Khan preorder code from best buy? I preordered online a few weeks ago for release day shipping and havent gotten a code yet. There also wasnt a code in the box.

Per

Alright, so for everyone who pre ordered from Best Buy and didn't get a Shao Khan code, I just got off the chat with them. I told them I got a blank email from them, and they said they have heard about a bunch if blank emails going out and it's a system wide error. They said the digital team will be sending the codes out manually to everyone.

So if you didn't get a Shao Khan code, you just have to wait.

seems we all just have to wait...
If they are actually manually sending them all out..the digital team will be working overtime

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Finally found a few posters with the same issue as me, but it's worrying that it's only affecting a small handful of us. Anytime I try to do anything beyond story or local battles (aka, klassic towers, towers of time, kustomization, online ranked or unranked, etc.) I get an error "failed to retrieve inventory." I'm on Xbox One X. Servers seem fine, my internet connection is really strong and those features worked fine in the beta.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
i can't for the life of me do the 'dash cancel a delayed demonic mace' bit of kollector's tutorial.

edit: okay, seems like you can't dash cancel it? or i can't at least. i beat it by just cancelling it out the usual way (down down).

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
About Best Buy, I just got off chat with support they told me they made a note of it on my account and that I have to call and phone support will give me the code immediately.

I'm done with Best Buy after today anyway. GCU served me well but that's all folks. Have an Amazon credit card anyway. I get cash back on everything I buy so that's where I should be shopping anyway

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Why does installation keep stopping on the xbox? I had another game do this before where it just constantly stops installing from disc

I had one other game do this to me. I think it was Just Cause 2. I could not find a solution. I tried everything. I took it back and got a new one. Good luck :(

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Xbox or Switch? I game like 90% of the time on a TV so I'm leaning towards Xbox.

The Xbox version will just be far better in every aspect except portability.

Though for the record back when they were coming out on Vita and 3DS I used to always play the few fighting games I had on handhelds far more than on full consoles because the short time period of the matches suited portability over graphics.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
They specifically said they would (tweak values) on the Kombat kast, but maybe they didn't realize how much they would have to fix

That seems to be the case. Maybe they couldn't fix the tower without adding a new item or who knows. But clearly these weren't just sliders that had to be moved. Based on the Kast they certainly thought they could just adjust some sliders.