• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The towers are bullshit if you forget to equip a consumable it wont let you equip it without restarting the entire tower and using even more consumables. I can't see how NRS didn't figure this was massively unfair if only they had a previous game where both fighters were affected by the towers modifiers if only though. Oh wait they don't want you stealing free loot they want you buying everything.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is the flawless block tutorial awful or what?

You figure it out eventually. At least it's a concrete result. You either get it or you don't. Some of the tutorials later on are just pure randomness that depend on whether the game is in the mood to pass you or not. Those frame ones with attack and block pressure are horrid.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The towers are bullshit if you forget to equip a consumable it wont let you equip it without restarting the entire tower and using even more consumables. I can't see how NRS didn't figure this was massively unfair if only they had a previous game where both fighters were affected by the towers modifiers if only though. Oh wait they don't want you stealing free loot they want you buying everything.
Hit Pause. Go to fighter select. You can repick a fighter and continue that fight without restarting the whole tower.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Done with the story. Other than fucking Ronda as Sonya, I enjoyed it a lot, and it opens tons of possibilities for the future.

SPOILERS:

I just hope they don't jettison the whole timeline in the next game. There are still unresolved plots from this one. But they already did it once.

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with the kombo limitations tutorial, it looks like even the demo can't do it right. Is it ok as long as you get the timing down?
edit: yeah I got it now.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody was able to link the console game to MK Mobile? It's said I am already linked on my phone but I can't seem to unlock any souls or Kronika's announcer voice! As they claim..

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Completed the tutorials as well as the character lessons (except Frost as I'm yet to unlock them). Decent stuff though pretty lacking compared to Skullgirls or the recent Guilty Gear games in terms of checking for understanding. A cut above most games in the genre all the same.

A couple of the character lessons have errors though, namely Jax's Gotcha Grab and Kollector's Demonic Mace Desh Cancel. Even the demonstration performs those incorrectly. Experimenting with other button combos got me through Jax's while Kollector's mace needs to be cancelled with a crouch, not a dash.

Those minor issues aside this is a massive improvement over MKXL, which I've been playing a far bit recently to prep. Gonna get stuck into the Story Mode this morning before work!

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I will have to wait until tomorrow. I couldn't resist and "pre-ordered" the game yesterday, but because it was a national holiday the game will be shipped today. :(

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else played AI battles? I just did five fights but got no rewards for any of them despite getting augments and even skins from other fights.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Got damnit 7 more hours for PC release. What a complete joke 😥

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
As someone who doesn't play a lot of fighting games the in game tutorials makes me very happy.
The amount of information was kinda overwhelming. Will probably have to do them several times for it all to sink in.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there supposed to be a reward for finishing fight 51? When I tried to redeem it, it gave me nothing. I hope I didn't miss something.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Been playing for maybe 2-3 hours and I'm loving it, story mode is so damn fun and the practice / tutorial options are so good. I'll be spending a lot of time playing this game.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
The blocking and overall shot composition in the cutscenes is remarkable. NRS have always been pretty decent, but the photography is extra peppy here

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lmao love that thread title

Playing on PC so have to wait for release since we're peasants to WB and NRS.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
For the past few hours just been doing all the training bullshit and learning Scorpion. And god damn this game looks so damn good and sounds amazing. Cant wait to jump into Story mode and online tomorrow.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
All the single player stuff is grindy and unfun but I don't wanna go online yet because I've never played an MK for real and I'm so rusty from not playing Injustice 2 since last Halloween I fucking suck. But I did spend the money I had saved on the cash shop on the new Final Fantasy expansion so that's nice. I gave up on the towers and Kabal and I'm working on Noob combos in practice.

Last edited:

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Didn't really have any interest in her, but im going through Cetrions gear and goddamn she looks so cool. Might just play her cause of how sick she looks. Character models are amazing.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there supposed to be a reward for finishing fight 51? When I tried to redeem it, it gave me nothing. I hope I didn't miss something.
Anybody?

I assume fight 51 was the final boss. If the reward I missed a unique end of game skin or unique completion item, I'll scream. If it was just random stuff like gold and a Kano skin, then I won't care. The fight 1 and 4 reward both came through.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
So... what is the game actually asking us to do for Kollector's 2nd trial. The Dash Cancel Mace. I tried it the way the game demos but nothing is happening, it also does not look like anything is happening in the demo.

Edit: Ok so it registered and gave me credit for it by pressing Down Down instead... something is really wrong here.

Last edited:

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
So... what is the game actually asking us to do for Kollector's 2nd trial. The Dash Cancel Mace. I tried it the way the game demos but nothing is happening, it also does not look like anything is happening in the demo.

Edit: Ok so it registered and gave me credit for it by pressing Down Down instead... something is really wrong here.

Yeah I had the same issue earlier. Even the demonstration is incorrect. Maybe the changed dash cancel to crouch cancel after the tutorials were complete?

https://twitter.com/joffocakes/status/1120614882720780289?s=19

Jax has a similar error with his Gotcha Grab tutorial too.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm loving the cinematography of the story cutscenes. So good!
The camera is way too shaky though. Even during vista pans and tilts and close zooms they've left the shaky can effect on and it makes some scenes look like they are legitimately vibrating. I'm not far into the story so this is mainly the scenes up to Kotal Khan but it was off putting for me. Otherwise yeah the scenes are framed nicely.

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate joke.
Whoever designed the modifiers on the towers needs to be dragged into the street and publicly executed.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Best Buy didn't hook me up with an early arrival this time around, so I have to wait until I get home from work later to play it (on Switch)... 12 hours from now. :(

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Any impressions on Switch version online? I'm just waiting on the netcode impressions before diving in.