• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I didn't have work tomorrow or I'd stay up longer. God dang. Game is fantastic. Still have no clue who I want to main. Congrats to NRS for hitting this one out of the park.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Time to tap out. Made it to Chapter 6 and good lord the kut-scenes in this game, along with the game proper look ridiculous on the X.
Gonna be a long day tomorrow before jumping back in.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
So how do I go about learning this game? Is the in game tutorial any decent?

I've watched the GiantBomb Quicklook and the Tutorial seems to be one of the best of any fighting game, even including sound effects that tell you when exactly and in what rhythm you need to press the buttons for combos.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I decide to do all of the general tutorials to unlock the Shao Kahn announcer before doing anything else. This is the best tutorial in a fighter I've ever played. It really hammers home the importance of learning match-ups and, by extension, the training mode.

I also took a quick dive into the krypt and walked away with 4 new skins (2 of which were mythic), 3 brutalities, and Shao Kahn's second fatality.

Can't wait to dive into story mode after I get some sleep.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Spent the last couple hours doing Story Mode with some of my roommates watching, one of them commented on how good the production was and she ain't lying, WOW.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can I unlock this early on Steam via VPN or is it one of those?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my glasses and skin I wanted for Johnny.

Look at my boi

oDWSOzY.jpg

LOOK AT HIM

Btw he feels kinda underpowered compared to a lot of the cast for the moment but that's just early impressions. I probably shouldn't have tried out Liu and Sonya first lol.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished all of the tutorials. Gets you over 40,000 koins in total. Don't know if that's a good number given I've yet to go into the Krypt.

Kurtofan

Oct 28, 2017
Damn it, Amazon delay... It now says delivery on thursday... I hope it doesn't come later than that

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm curious.

Anyone on Switch tried to run the game without patching? What does the cart include? Can it even run?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Is Noob Saibot good in this game? His buttons don't seem very great from what I've watched.
Almost 100 matches with him so far, he's good yeah. Gotta be careful with his main strings though as they are highs. Teleport needs to be a read or a punish as it's slow.

I like him a lot.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having trouble hearing speech? I have adjusted the music and effects down but the speech is still very quiet

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm curious.

Anyone on Switch tried to run the game without patching? What does the cart include? Can it even run?

I didn't play much without the patch but it let me do all the tutorial stuff. After I patched the game, I had to do them again though because the progress wasn't saved for whatever reason.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PC version did not unlock via VPN. 9 hours to go...

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Just hit credits. Another really good addition to the modern MK story modes.
But holy crap that final boss fight is just horrible. Shao Khan and Shinnock were at least both fun to fight. The fight with Kronica just does not feel good at all. Not even a post credits scene to make up for it...

Otherwise my biggest take away was that that scene of Raiden suddenly remembering all of the different times he killed Lui Kang in every other timeline was absolutely fantastic. Also really wish we'd gotten any time in with older Erron Black. Dude showed up in the background of a couple scenes, but nothing else.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so rusty it's gonna be awhile before I go online I'm literally terrible and I gotta get used to my fighting game controller again.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Almost 100 matches with him so far, he's good yeah. Gotta be careful with his main strings though as they are highs. Teleport needs to be a read or a punish as it's slow.

I like him a lot.

Thanks! I'm watching Chris G play right now to get an idea of how he works and he seems okay so far. My main in MKX was Ermac so I'm a bit lost on who I should play.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Gotta wait until my copy arrives from Amazon today...

My buddy got the digital so we were watching him streaming a bit before we all matches up on Blackout. For being a relatively new and casual player he held his own going 6-1 lol.

We all moved to play Blackout together but after a few matches he dipped out to play more MK11 and I quit to watch him stream more. lol Again he did really good going 6-0 there before matching up with another player and their Jax played overly defensive and messed my buddy up. lol

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
The story was pretty entertaining overall even though I really disliked a lot of things that happened, like how Shao Kahn was treated was just straight up criminal. I wanted to get that D'vorah skin from the Towers but oh boy was that the most unfun experience imaginable with those stupid rockets that slow you, I just gave up after I hit the second tower and it still had that mechanic. Just stupid.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for doing an OT so quickly guys, I'm beyond disappointed that Egg bailed on the OT after promising me that he'd do it. If need be I can work on some stuff to add to the OP such as all the character renders and an FAQ or something.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The one upside to Amazon delivering my game tomorrow is that I'll have time to run Black Ops 4 EEs with my friends before MK11 arrives.

Silver linings, I guess.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is the Shao Khan code in the case? I pre-ordered the $99 version at Best Buy which will arrive later today but they haven't emailed me anything yet.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, the Switch version looks much worse than I was expecting.

And I was already expecting it to not look that great.

At least it's a smooth 60fps, so there's that.