• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
9hmwVrc.jpg

That's totally Frost, right?

I was thinking Noob?

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah.... honestly i was already looking to wait for a "komplete edition" in a year... wasn't day 1 for me. This story mode would be the thing to push me over as it looks real fun and well made.

But...

this whole weird push with Ronda and the Shao Kahn Pre-order things just push me back out...

We complaint so much about bad DLC... and this is literally taking a piece out of the game and selling it separatedly . There is no lack of games to play, im out at least until a complete package gets released.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
The tone of these games gets weirder and weirder to more they add friendly banter and family connections in a series about tearing people limb from limb.

It's called evolving.....it can't keep doing the same thing over and over, people would complain. The MK games have been around since the 90s. I'd say it's been long enough that some spice and mixups don't hurt.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That's a damn fine trailer, but man I always get a little sad when I see how well done these cut-scenes are, only for them to be used for a fighting game

WB, please make a single player MK action game with this level of presentation

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I hope whoever is choosing the soundtracks for Netherrealm's trailers are being contracted to choose trailer music in other forms of advertisement.

I've almost never like the various hip hop choices made in game in movie trailers but until the MK11 trailers I never thought the rare good ones were superb. This guy/gal knows how to pick tracks and pair them with the visuals.

Thanks to Injustice I would say netherrealm has definitely been above average in storytelling but they always treated MK a little differently. There is so much that could be done with their set up.

For example, a time lord summons pre-corruption Raiden because she can sense he despises the timeline corrupted Raiden has brought about. There is a lot here that could be developed into a character drama but MK doesn't delve as much into internal motivations like Injustice and even the way Injustice handles things is still low quality compared to stuff scene on TV and movies in the DC universe.

It's a shame this story won't be nearly as satisfying as I personally want it to be.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I can't wait to see more of Jacqui, she looks great in this, one of my faves so far for sure.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Max wants hyper-rushdown goofball shit like MKX.

It's very subjective. I've always wanted them to get far away from that.
LMAO, what.

I've been watching Max for yeeeeeeeaaaaars, and this is not true. He only warmed to it a few years ago because of MKX.

I must be confused.
MAX pretty much loves all fighting games. I am sure hes really into MK. I am sure he wants the game to be good. There is some validity to what he is saying in regards to MK11.
The beta next week will be telling.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's called evolving.....it can't keep doing the same thing over and over, people would complain. The MK games have been around since the 90s. I'd say it's been long enough that some spice and mixups don't hurt.
Did you intend to quote reply me or someone mentioning the slow gameplay complaints? Your reply makes no sense if it was a reply to my statement.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I must be confused.
MAX pretty much loves all fighting games. I am sure hes really into MK. I am sure he wants the game to be good. There is some validity to what he is saying in regards to MK11.
The beta next week will be telling.
Yeah sure, he's into MK now, but "MK nut" isn't really accurate. He basically just likes MKX a lot. There was zero MK content on his channel until that game started coming out. Once upon a time (basically before Injustice 1) he didn't seem to care for NRS fighters at all.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man..
Max latest reaction to MK11 is underwhelming.

Am getting worry Folks.

He doesn't like it because he prefers insanely fast, combo heavy games like Marvel (and that's fine) MK11 is just more slow and footsie focused.

That's actually a good thing for me as I hate combos but love the game of chess that is looking for pokes, baits and punishment opportunities.

It's the same reason I'm excited for Samurai Shodown, and the reason I wish I could play DBFZ, but just can't because it's too frantic for me.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
That hit me hard. Max is a huge MK nut.
Haha i wouldnt call him a MK nut. He only started to get more involved with it with MKX.

I even remember how Steve and Kenny where the MK experts during that time showing him whats up with MK and its history.

Im glad they going the direction they are going with MK11. While i like to hear his opinions on games i wouldnt take everything as gospel.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah sure, he's into MK now, but "MK nut" isn't really accurate. He basically just likes MKX a lot. There was zero MK content on his channel until that game started coming out. Once upon a time (basically before Injustice 1) he didn't seem to care for NRS fighters at all.
Got a point there.
I play all MK games. MK11 really has to be poop in order for me to hate it. We are talking MK4 level of gameplay.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let us all prove we do not hate hip-hop by agreeing about how much better the song in this trailer was than the one in the announcement trailer

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
I wonder if there's an overlap between the "no rap in MK trailers" people and the "there, I fixed it" people who just slap the 95 movie theme into every trailer.

Oh, there is. Also slap random heavy metal song on. ... "MX11 Story Trailer - Fixed" It is hilarious.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Not really digging the storyline. Seems like a big mess. Game looks pretty good otherwise though.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
People think more "energetic" equals good. Without paying attention to how well the action of the reveal trailer sync'd to the flow of the Savage track.

Absolutely! It is why people love Eminem when he has some of the corniest lyrics of all time (I don't personally like him to be honest). Get someone who has a similar energy = better song for many people. It is exactly why people loved Rap God and Bustas verse on Look At Me Now. The 21 Savage track was great, I agree.

To each their own though....