• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
lYLqhpH.jpg

So is that Kollector next to Shao Kahn?

Yes, he might just be a normal lean Shokan. And I think thats Frost next to Geras. Cryomancer blood freezing time or something might be a gimmick to give Sub-Zero something to do in the story unlike MKX.

They remove their only gay character who also happened to be one of the better gays in games

And then hire a transphobe fighter for a series staple, and she sounds like utter trash

Amazing 2019

I agree with the last statement but not the first. Kung Jin was not fun or cool looking. No offense to Johnny Yong Bosch

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The trailer was good. Ronda's "acting" really sticks out like a sore thumb. What a misfire by NRS. They replaced a true talent like Tricia Helfer... and for this.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The Mortal Kombat timeline has made a great leap forward in matching Primer's at this point

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
lYLqhpH.jpg

So is that Kollector next to Shao Kahn?

Who is with Geras and Kronika?

So much to unpack in this trailer. Also, that shot with the amulet. I don't think that was Raiden using it, but Shinnok (ghostly white hands)

Edit: nevermind, definitely Raiden.

Curious as to how this will play out. It seems the past versions of characters are unwittingly working for Kronika's goal with the notion that doing so will restore "order".

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They remove their only gay character who also happened to be one of the better gays in games

And then hire a transphobe fighter for a series staple, and she sounds like utter trash

Amazing 2019
Yeah, it's certainly an interesting way to go backwards. And don't forget she's also a Sandy Hook Truther because man when she wanted to be a terrible person she really went all out.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Cool trailer with a lot of character reveals, most likely dropped due to the leak. I just need to see some Mileena gameplay.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
People who say the story is great, do you like it in the same way I like movies like Tango and Cash? Or do you actually find it interesting and not just silly, laughable fun?

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
So hyped with possible Kotal vs Shao Kahn then hearing Rousey's Sonya Blade....gross

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he might just be a normal lean Shokan. And I think thats Frost next to Geras. Cryomancer blood freezing time or something might be a gimmick to give Sub-Zero something to do in the story unlike MKX.

I agree with the last statement but not the first. Kung Jin was not fun or cool looking. No offense to Johnny Yong Bosch
Hes gay, period. Thats more than enough to keep him around.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Is that Sarevok's(Baldur's Gate) voice actor playing Shao Kahn? If so that's perfect.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Always down for a dumb as hell MK story. I've been enjoying "Local Elder God ruins everything" quite a lot.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Definitely in for this game. I watched all the story on YouTube so I'm good to go. I feel like Shao Khan might actually be a good guy this time around. I dunno got that feeling in me.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Oh wow. Think they dropped this trailer earlier than planned because of the leak?

Looks amazing. Love Kollector, getting Corvus Glaive vibes from him.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Not sure how I feel about all the time travel stuff but looks cool besides there not being enough Subzero. I know someone who will be happy with Black being in.

If you don't pre order does that mean you'd have to buy Shao Kahn later on?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The time travel shenanigans look like they're going to be a good deal of fun.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
People who say the story is great, do you like it in the same way I like movies like Tango and Cash? Or do you actually find it interesting and not just silly, laughable fun?
It's like a cheesy-but-fun comic book. It's got likeable characters, some pretty good bits of action, a geniunely well developed world, and some really good "AW SHIT SON" moments.

It's not high-class storytelling, by any means, but it's not "So Bad It's Good" either.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Lol Raiden fucked up the timelines so much that now they have to reset it.

However now theres two raidens, so i expect it will somehow end with the entire universe collapssing.

Also Jacqui and Erron look great, and the little glimpse of collector. Pretty much confirms the leaked roster.

EDIT: Yo i didnt see cassies gameplay above, cool she has johnnys powers now. She looks amazing.