• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
God that MK movie theme song is so damn hype and the way it syncs with the hits and impacts in the trailer was so good.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I've never discovered a Fatality or remembered how to use one, but I love you Mortal Kombat. I will buy on Switch!

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
This trailer was surprisingly good. The music definitely gave me the feels. I wasn't at all interested in the game, but I kind of am now. The story looks like it could be interesting.

It's been a LONG time since I've played a MK game, and I didn't really pay attention to what little story there was when I did. So I'm a little confused by the trailer. It seems like Sub-Zero and Scorpion aren't enemies anymore (they're walking side-by-side) and neither have masks. What's the deal with that?

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So I want this game but I kinda hate fighting games and almost always regret buying them. I'll wait for a bit when it is a little cheaper.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer was surprisingly good. The music definitely gave me the feels. I wasn't at all interested in the game, but I kind of am now. The story looks like it could be interesting.

It's been a LONG time since I've played a MK game, and I didn't really pay attention to what little story there was when I did. So I'm a little confused by the trailer. It seems like Sub-Zero and Scorpion aren't enemies anymore (they're walking side-by-side) and neither have masks. What's the deal with that?
Scorpion came back to life, adopted a kid, rebuilt his clan, and really chilled out (mostly). As for Sub-Zero, it's the younger brother of the Sub-Zero from MK1. He took over the clan and actively sought to try and make them a force for good, while trying to make up for the evils they did in the past.

Now Scorpion goes by his his real name, Hanzo.

Last edited:

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Scorpion came back to life, adopted a kid, rebuilt his clan, and really chilled out (mostly). As for Sub-Zero, it's the younger brother of the Sub-Zero from MK1. He took over the clan and actively sought to try and make them a force for good, while trying to make up for the evils they did in the past. Now Scorpion goes by his his real name, Hanzo.
Damn, that is a crazy amount of stuff that happened.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain what the significance is of Cyrax and Sektor? The last MK I played was MK9 (barely) and even though I really enjoy the series I haven't a clue when it comes to the lore.
They are huge fan favorites so it's natural that people would freak out at seeing them in story mode and hope that they'll be DLC. It's got nothing to do with the lore, they're just beloved characters.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Top tier fatalities this time around., especially after watching Steve, Kenny, and Max go through all the fatalities in the series.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have just 1 dream:
Mick Gordon remixes all the original MK songs to new MK.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They are huge fan favorites so it's natural that people would freak out at seeing them in story mode and hope that they'll be DLC. It's got nothing to do with the lore, they're just beloved characters.
Ah so I guess it's to do with the fact that they weren't confirmed to be part of the roster until recently? They were also in the last game no?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so I guess it's to do with the fact that they weren't confirmed to be part of the roster until recently? They were also in the last game no?

Not confirmed to be in the roster at all. People were just surprised they were even in the story mode at all. People only saw glimpses of the cyborgs in previous teasers.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They actually aren't part of the roster. Since they have new models people are hoping they'll be DLC. They were DLC in MKX as part of Triborg.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I can't believe how good this trailer is. Wasn't interested in purchasing the game at all and now I'm hyped and just may. Might even get the Switch version.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Goddammit, I'm almost biting the bullet lol
This trailer was so good!!

But I have concerns about the PC port and the netcode.
This trailer got me really hyped man, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDIT:
Fuck it, I bought it lol

See you guys next week

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Goddammit, I'm almost biting the bullet lol
This trailer was so good!!

But I have concerns about the PC port and the netcode.
This trailer got me really hyped man, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Honestly, the PC ports have been GREAT since they've has gone with their new PC port studio, QLOC.

And NRS's netcode is arguably the best in the business right now.

MKX was fixed after they took over, Injustice 2 was great, and while nothing is guaranteed, MK11 is in very capable hands on PC.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite a shame they wasted money and lowered the quality of the game/character by getting Rousey.
Turns out all they really needed to do to get people hyped was use this theme song in a trailer.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
What a trailer. I haven't played a MK like in 22 years and I got hyped with the music lol.

Oct 27, 2017
GI has an interview today with one of the team, and some cool stuff was revealed/teased:

-Toasty is "somewhere"
-Krypt will NOT have any unlockable characters
-Mum about stage fatalities

Full interview here....

MK11 Interview

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion came back to life, adopted a kid, rebuilt his clan, and really chilled out (mostly). As for Sub-Zero, it's the younger brother of the Sub-Zero from MK1. He took over the clan and actively sought to try and make them a force for good, while trying to make up for the evils they did in the past.

Now Scorpion goes by his his real name, Hanzo.

Scorpion didn't adopt a kid, he was just asked by Kenshi to look over Takeda.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How are the PC versions generally?

Also, how much solo content is there? More than just the story mode, yeah?

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
preload is up on steam 60.2GBs

How are the PC versions generally?

Also, how much solo content is there? More than just the story mode, yeah?

mk9 was alright, injustice 1 had a few transitional issues, mkx was a travesty at launch but all 3 of these were done by high voltage studio.
Qloc took over and fixed MKX, and delievered a great injustice 2 port, they are the ones doing mk11 so I think it will be a decent port.
outside of storymode, there is usually towers and living towers which update, hourly, daily, weekly, usually test your might/sight mini games, the old school arcade mode which usually gives a non canon story board after completion. and of course there is usually a krypt with lots of unlocks varying from concept art, music, skins, other fatalities.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just posted on another thread that I'm gonna just watch the fatalities on YouTube.
And now this trailer HOLY SHIT THAT MUSIC HYPEEEEEE!

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The marketing campaign/trailers for this game has been amazing, so hype-inducing! This trailer is fire!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
HOLY SHIIIIIT THEY DID IT

they fuxking used the movie theme song! I am Soo hyped and I am not even buying the game!!!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Well that is one helluva way to sell the game, and I am absolutely on board. Love that its coming to the Switch, gonne be one of the first games I'm gonna buy for it when I make a choice between revision or OG.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Just preordered my PS4 copy on Amazon. It'll take a little bit to get here in Japan, but I'm hyped.

I loved MK9, and played quite a bit of MKX, so 11 is a no-brainer for me.

Can't believe the mad men actually remixed the old song. I've wanted it in a trailer since that damn 21 Savage track in the first CG trailer.

MORTAAAL KOOMMMBAAAATT!!!