• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Era: Fuck crunch

also

Era: 8 weeks for a character wtf

2 months for a character is more than fine

Can we stop with this assumption? There is no evidence that the prolonged dates for DLC are a response to the crunch reports. I posted this in the OT but the first mention of a longer support life for MK11 was on April 8th and the Tweets about crunch weren't until April 24th. I seriously doubt they just randomly decided to avoid crunch on DLC 3 weeks before someone decided to call them out on it.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to swap Ash and Joker. Ash would be the Arnie of Kombat Pack 2. Without him, I don't think KP2 would have much hype. Fingers crossed.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to swap Ash and Joker. Ash would be the Arnie of Kombat Pack 2. Without him, I don't think KP2 would have much hype. Fingers crossed.
There's a lot of evidence for Kombat Pack 2 - from the datamine of 9 characters instead of 6 (Ash, Fujin, Sheeva), to Injustice 2 having 9 DLC characters and MKX having 8, to NRS saying that MK11 would be the longest supported game yet (though it's unclear if they just meant stretching the character releases to a longer schedule, or meant more content), etc.

If Kombat Pack 2 is 3 characters, I think you're right - Ash would be the hook as a guest, Fujin fills the spot of "long overdue" and Sheeva would be 1 of only 2 characters from MK1-3 that wasn't playable in X or 11 yet (Stryker being the other). That's a pretty good mix of hitting the long-term fans and a guest. My hope, of course, would be three more characters though beyond those...

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
MK11 is probably my GOTY so far but the addition of guest characters takes away from the experience for me, it's a problem I've had since they started introducing them with MK9. So I'm glad I got a solid 100+ hours in before these characters got released. That being said I fully understand why they add these characters and Arnold looks great!

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what Terminator's gear will be besides the shotgun?
hqdefault.jpg

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MK11 is probably my GOTY so far but the addition of guest characters takes away from the experience for me, it's a problem I've had since they started introducing them with MK9. So I'm glad I got a solid 100+ hours in before these characters got released. That being said I fully understand why they add these characters and Arnold looks great!

I had a lot of issues with MKX guests.

But honestly Terminator and Spawn make so much sense in MK that it's just cool. (And Ash =((( )

Fuck Joker to death.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
My Kombat Pack 2 wishlist that I 100% don't expect to happen.

1 - Fujin (datamined already, but actually want him)
2 - Sheeva (datamined already)
3 - Ash (datamined already)
4 - Re-vamped Kung Jin (it was disappointing that the only gay character in the series didn't return, and he's a character that feels like he could get a major revamp in playstyle/look). I would have said Takeda, but Spawn and Scorpion have the chain attacks down already.
5 - Guest character from the new Big Trouble In Little China (ideally with Jack Burton after drinking a potion skin for Johnny Cage, Wang skin for Liu Kang, the storms for Raiden, Lo Pan for Shang Tsung)
6 - Neo from the Matrix.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
My Kombat Pack 2 wishlist that I 100% don't expect to happen.

1 - Fujin (datamined already, but actually want him)
2 - Sheeva (datamined already)
3 - Ash (datamined already)
4 - Re-vamped Kung Jin (it was disappointing that the only gay character in the series didn't return, and he's a character that feels like he could get a major revamp in playstyle/look). I would have said Takeda, but Spawn and Scorpion have the chain attacks down already.
5 - Guest character from the new Big Trouble In Little China (ideally with Jack Burton after drinking a potion skin for Johnny Cage, Wang skin for Liu Kang, the storms for Raiden, Lo Pan for Shang Tsung)
6 - Neo from the Matrix.

You are never getting NEO in this. Rights owners will not allow dismemberment. Injustice or nothing.

But we could get John Wick.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Proof that Ash William was supposed to be in Kombat Pack instead of Joker:

lltgnsdtduh31.jpg

Last edited:

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edgy gamerz everywhere are thrilled with the joker inclusion, but seriously its kinda cool to see what m rated joker can do in a fighting game, since he wont need to pull punches with the gore on display

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this going to be a totally different Joker than the one that is in the Injustice games? Or just kind of a transplant and re-skin?

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
User banned (permanent): racist trolling
HOLY SHIT! Did we know about Mod Edit: Removed Racist Slur

Last edited by a moderator:

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Joaquin joker could have been cool, but I kinda don't care about DC characters in fighting games though after having two Injustice games AND MK vs DC with the Joker in all of them

Michael Meyers would have been better, or Ash :(

HOLY SHIT! Did we know about Mod Edit: Removed Racist Slur

WHO?!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that Joker looks even worse in the trailer. Something must be up because it doesn't make sense how we went from the Joker from Injustice 2 to the weird one we got now. Luckily, there is still plenty of time for NRS to adjust things.

j9qvxv95xbuy.jpg

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Proof that Ash William was supposed to be in Kombat Pack instead of Joker:

lltgnsdtduh31.jpg
Interesting.

I got the same and it just says "Terminator T-800, Sindel, Joker and Spawn will join the fight" now.

If this is legit it could be them switching Ash with Joker from Kombat Pack 2 could be the reason why it took them so long and 2 entire characters before they were able to reveal the trailer.

Remember that they did announced 4 of 6 for some reason at first but not the other two guest.

Smells like plans got changed.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Also am i the only one who find it weird that they specifically call him "Terminator T-800"?

I wouldnt be surprised if Kombat Pack 2 has the T-1000 for example.

Oct 25, 2017

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also am i the only one who find it weird that they specifically call him "Terminator T-800"?

I wouldnt be surprised if Kombat Pack 2 has the T-1000 for example.

... No ?

T800 means Arnold. Terminator can mean many things. Notably, the new Terminator is not Arnold in the new movie so yeah ...