• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, the day will end with Miyamoto complaining about SJW cucks forcing politics into his Mario Games.

Lmao......wait

What I don't fucking understand is the Shang Tsung trailer clearly teased Ash and Evil Dead at the end. But now he's nowhere to be found in this thumbnail leak!?

I'm fucking furious. Ash was a big selling point for me on this game. Ash better be a surprise reveal at the end of the KP1 trailer. If not this is not groovy at all. Not at all.

Now that you mention it I guess that chainsaw rev was probably for Joker.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
What I don't fucking understand is the Shang Tsung trailer clearly teased Ash and Evil Dead at the end. But now he's nowhere to be found in this thumbnail leak!?

I'm fucking furious. Ash was a big selling point for me on this game. Ash better be a surprise reveal at the end of the KP1 trailer. If not this is not groovy at all. Not at all.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is a WB made decision. Makes perfect sense with two films coming up to promote. Joker movie skin as secondary.

Likely, but also depends on their DLC release cadence, which may not line up.

I'm really curious what happened, especially with that chainsaw teaser in the previous trailer. It does feel like a WB switcheroo.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
No Ash makes me extremely sad :/ . Was looking forward to him the most. Thanks for that chainsaw trailer sound.

The entire game has leaked, at this point just be fucking upfront with people.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For those who haven't been following, the rumour is that NRS tried really hard to get Pennywise into the game, but wasn't able to secure the license and landed on Joker as a replacement guest character (likely due to how easy it would be to get approval in comparison). It was really disappointing to hear that Joker may be a guest, even more of a disappointment that he's ending up in KP1 to replace Ash.

And yeah, Ash not being in KP1 is strange. There's a chainsaw tease in the first trailer, he was datamined already, and...personally, the only guest character I'm interested in (though Terminator may end up fun if they go hard with the dialogue). I guess some people were assuming that Doom guy was replacing Ash, but...I don't know. I'm still expecting Ash later.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London

I'm bummed too since I wanted to main him, but I guess they might've moved him to the next pack. He'll be in.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Likely, but also depends on their DLC release cadence, which may not line up.

I'm really curious what happened, especially with that chainsaw teaser in the previous trailer. It does feel like a WB switcheroo.

If WB forced Netherrealm to switch Ash's spot in KP1 with Joker and did so just to advertise their stupid movie...

...talk about a slap in the face! Ash has been a long requested guest character. He was clearly teased in the KP1 teaser. I doubt their Joker movie needs MK11 of all things to advertise it.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, the DLC characters are releasing in the same order as the leak, with one exception: Joker. I wonder if there were issues with him, explaining the radio silence between Shang Tsung and Nightwolf.

Shang Tsung
Joker (relocated after Sindel)
Nightwolf
Terminator
Sindel
Spawn
Ash
Fujin
Sheeva

Ash was most likely always intended to headline the second Kombat Pack.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get the appeal of these NRS crossover characters. Scorpion, Raiden, and Sub Zero in Injustice, Joker in Mortal Kombat... like, I just played as this guy in the game that came out two years ago.

But I guess that Joker movie is coming out in a month and change, so...

The DC/MK crossovers I don't care for in either game. I'd even take a 3rd party guest no question.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, the DLC characters are releasing in the same order as the leak, with one exception: Joker. I wonder if there were issues with him, explaining the radio silence between Shang Tsung and Nightwolf.

Shang Tsung
Joker (relocated after Sindel)
Nightwolf
Terminator
Sindel
Spawn
Ash
Fujin
Sheeva

Ash was most likely always intended to headline the second Kombat Pack.

Don't know but it was a brilliant idea to use a chainsaw on your famously leaked game trailer to let people expect a certain character.

Sure didn't set up everybody for disappointment.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
That chainsaw tease gave me hope. I'm a sad panda now

I always thought it would be Joker and Terminator in this pack to promote the movies but they did that chainsaw tease and it got my hopes up

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

OMG. What if the Ash Joker switcheroo is the reason for the radio silence and delay? This is how I see it happened

WB Suit: "Hey we have a Joker movie this fall and Joker's in MK11 so why the fuck is he in KP2!? Tell Boon to put him in KP1."
WB Lackey: "The suits want Joker in KP1"
Boon: "We can't fit him in without crazy crunch. And we're trying to avoid that now."
WB Lackey: "Well then have him take the spot of someone else. Not Terminator though. Fox want's to use MK11 to help sell their reboot."
Boon: "But umm we've already announced and teased everyone."
WB Lackey: "The suits don't care."
Boon: "Sigh. Well I guess we'll move Ash."
WB Lackey: "Great."
Boon: "It's just how are going to explain the chainsaw tease in the teaser?"
WB Lackey: "Whatever. The suits will be happy now."

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped for these guys
Arnie, Spawn
Now that Matrix 4 is in full development, I expect Neo to be a DLC character in a future MK or Injustice game.

(He was gonna be in MK9 but got cut)

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
OMG. What if the Ash Joker switcheroo is the reason for the radio silence and delay? This is how I see it happened

WB Suit: "Hey we have a Joker movie this fall and Joker's in MK11 so why the fuck is he in KP2!? Tell Boon to put him in KP1."
WB Lackey: "The suits want Joker in KP1"
Boon: "We can't fit him in without crazy crunch. And we're trying to avoid that now."
WB Lackey: "Well then have him take the spot of someone else. Not Terminator though. Fox want's to use MK11 to help sell their reboot."
Boon: "But umm we've already announced and teased everyone."
WB Lackey: "The suits don't care."
Boon: "Sigh. Well I guess we'll move Ash."
WB Lackey: "Great."
Boon: "It's just how are going to explain the chainsaw tease in the teaser?"
WB Lackey: "Whatever. The suits will be happy now."

Probably accurate, it makes sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Hyped for these guys
Arnie, Spawn
Now that Matrix 4 is in full development, I expect Neo to be a DLC character in a future MK or Injustice game.

(He was gonna be in MK9 but got cut)
It's a way more interesting character choice than guests in the past, but I suspect that unless they already had it locked down, today's news is just too late for NRS, based on how past conversations about long it takes to develop characters for the series/the content map is probably already locked down for quite some time.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
User Banned (3 days): Inappropriate language
With this Kombat Pack... MK 11 is about to rape the market.

Man I really want to see NRS do a Masters of The Universe theme fighting game so bad. If this was the golden age of fighting games we would have this and a GI Joe Fighter already. Resetera lied to me.
img-00a.jpg

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019

Man I really want to see NRS do a Masters of The Universe theme fighting game so bad. If this was the golden age of fighting games we would have this and a GI Joe Fighter already. Resetera lied to me.
img-00a.jpg
Injustice already crossed with He-Man in the comics, so it could happen.

Though Masters of the Universe is scheduled to open in theaters March 5, 2021... the same day as Mortal Kombat. XD

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Spawn so far out... That's normally when the Komplete edition would launch.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
that is an UGLY joker

they absolutely are not coming any closer to the injustice face model which was 10 times better .. weird

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of Joker's face. I can't quite explain it, but he looks more like a custom character than a real face-scanned human being. It's like NRS lost the rights to an actor during development so they hastily modeled an original face from scratch.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018

img-00a.jpg
They did an Injustice vs Masters of the Universe comic and I think this would be amazing

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Joker looks so lame, and he's not even coming out in time for the movie. Gawd.

The Injustice 2 model had this weird five-o-clock shadow and I didn't like his default hair, but at least he wasn't made of marshmallow.

Last edited: