• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
46856414155_51420a41c0_o.png

46983651974_4befddbebf_o.png

46856413775_3064b94061_o.png

46856413515_0eb153bb92_o.png

46983652644_baa6ab05c9_o.png

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they can just improve the animations, MK12/Injustice 3/Mortal Kombat vs Injustice (we can dream) will be the best looking fighting game on the market.

last time on this board I said I wanted another stab at MK vs DC, everyone bitched that "the last one was so bad (which it wasn't), the new one would have to be just as awful"

I like how they keep referencing how Sub-Zero becomes batman whenever they cross over in injustice. That bit is my favorite part of the alternate universe lore.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Absolutely yes and it might be my favourite fighting game, as someone who got into gaming because of fighting games. Just superb game all around.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Completely agree. I really love the designs of Classic MK games (Specially 3), but then didn't like models of 4 that much and PS2 MKs were garbage in my opinion (The least popular MK era for me).
Models became better in MK9 and then MKX and now they're amazing in MK11 and we can't even compare models with previous 3D MKs, specially the faces.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Yep, the backgrounds are just as gorgeous. The game does imo not get enough credit each time when games with the best graphics are talked about. It's absolutely beautiful, technically and artistically.
Well, anytime someone does try to give the game credit for graphics, they get shouted down on the basis of "the animations are not good"...

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lol they really must have taken the criticism of injustice 1/mk9 to heart those games had the ugliest models

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
They did NOT have to make Kano so fucking hot and they did that... they did that for US.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
If they can just improve the animations, MK12/Injustice 3/Mortal Kombat vs Injustice (we can dream) will be the best looking fighting game on the market.
Every game the animation has seen improvements, go back to MK9 some laughable animations, MKX also has some bad ones, but there were improvements, with every game NRS improves, Injustice 2 massive improvements over MKX, MK11 nice improvements over IJ2, IJ3 gonna be crazy...

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trash at MK so I still shouldn't get it lol
I'm also trash at it. ;) The game allows you to customize AI characters that will fight for you to earn and unlock stuff if its too hard on your own. Imo a fantastic feature for noobs and people who love to grind or just watch their favorite characters fight.

Well, anytime someone does try to give the game credit for graphics, they get shouted down on the basis of "the animations are not good"...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. That issue is imo way overblown. The animations need some work (though they do get a lot better every time), but they are far from bad and from disqualifying the game from being one of the best looking games out there. Also the facial animations are top in the business.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the best place to ask, but this is a current mk11 thread. I read on gamespot just now if I preorder mk11 kollection I can have access to mk11 base game and the DLC right now.... is this only for digital preorders on the PSN (I'm buying on PS4) or does this apply to physical copies as well?

I don't own the base game. But if I can get access to all the dlc Up to now by preordering and start playing, I would preorder now. Thanks for the help!

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
youtu.be

Mortal Kombat 9 vs 10 vs 11 Returning Characters Model Comparison

Story introduced in last three Mortal Kombat games makes it a trilogy. And all three games shares pack of the same fighters. Let's compare Character models i...

Someone in the comments said it right while mk11 looks amazing...some of the character models look like Kosplay vs how outlandish they're supposed to look imo like in mkX

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'm also trash at it. ;) The game allows you to customize AI characters that will fight for you to earn and unlock stuff if its too hard on your own. Imo a fantastic feature for noobs and people who love to grind or just watch thir favorite characters fight.
Interesting.... something like this should be in FFXVI as well...

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kitana in her Edenian Blue skin and without mask (though I never got to unlock that sadly) is my fave design in the game:

tumblr_ppv7c41zsf1txj8weo1_500.gifv

giphy.gif

40672233653_352a9ca267_o.png

The above screen I randomly took in one of the cutscenes, lol. The faces are so expressively animated.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I agree 100%
That's why it's such a shame for me that I found the gameplay to be so boring to watch and play following how great MK9 and X were

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Probably not the best place to ask, but this is a current mk11 thread. I read on gamespot just now if I preorder mk11 kollection I can have access to mk11 base game and the DLC right now.... is this only for digital preorders on the PSN (I'm buying on PS4) or does this apply to physical copies as well?

I don't own the base game. But if I can get access to all the dlc Up to now by preordering and start playing, I would preorder now. Thanks for the help!
Digital only, Aftermatch will get its own retail release I think in June.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wanna buy the game just for the graphics alone, I bought the complete edition of Injustice 2 just for that. I probably played it thrice

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Cassie Cage, she is, of the new series, by far my favorite modern character. Her personality is awesome. Who knew the child of Sonya and Johnny Cage would rule so hard?

I'm just happy they didn't make Johnny a shitty father. There's a tendency to have characters that grow up as a series progress be awful parents. While obviously there's tension between Cassie/Johnny and Sonya in MKX, you don't get the impression that Sonya was a bad mother, just busy with the world never seemingly calming down.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just happy they didn't make Johnny a shitty father. There's a tendency to have characters that grow up as a series progress be awful parents. While obviously there's tension between Cassie/Johnny and Sonya in MKX, you don't get the impression that Sonya was a bad mother, just busy with the world never seemingly calming down.

I also like that MKX finally made Johnny Cage relevant in the MK story line. And the way his special power passed down to Cassie fucking ruled. The Cage family: Shinnok killers.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!

eeeehhh

Sonya: Jacqui says as kids you were scared of me.
Cassie Cage: You'd randomly attack us with arm bars!
Sonya: And you learned to always be ready.

Not being super serious, just kind of funny.

Last edited:

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Absolutely, they made Skarlet, a character whose design I deeply hated, into a design I actually love now. MK11 definitely stands out as the best artistic effort MK has ever put out.

I think the only character I was slightly underwhelmed by was Kitana, I guess because I loved her default look in MKX just so much, but she still looks amazing in MK11, some of her revenant shaders are really cool specially when paired with those beautiful full face masks.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't one of the intro quotes between cassie and sonya about Sonya at

eeeehhh

Sonya: Jacqui says as kids you were scared of me.
Cassie Cage: You'd randomly attack us with arm bars!
Sonya: And you learned to always be ready.

Not being super serious, just kind of funny.

Well she isn't perfect. But I suppose those random attacks paid off, Jacqui and Sonya are quite good at defending themselves.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
Well she isn't perfect. But I suppose those random attacks paid off, Jacqui and Sonya are quite good at defending themselves.

I have actually thought(probably more than it deserved) that Johnny Cage and Cassie are obviously sociopaths, but when involved in a brutal interdimensional hyperviolent fight, they take on the semblance of being normal, Johnny Cage can make dumb dad jokes, and cassie can text and make heart hand gestures in people's torsos.

I like to think about them navigating everyday life doing things way out of proportion and not realizing that you can't act that way around normal people.

Yeah, I put way too much thought into this.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
They just need to stop doing 30fps special and use Pre recorded videos for cut scenes.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have actually thought(probably more than it deserved) that Johnny Cage and Cassie are obviously sociopaths, but when involved in a brutal interdimensional hyperviolent fight, they take on the semblance of being normal, Johnny Cage can make dumb dad jokes, and cassie can text and make heart hand gestures in people's torsos.

I like to think about them navigating everyday life doing things way out of proportion and not realizing that you can't act that way around normal people.

Yeah, I put way too much thought into this.

This is my all time favorite Johnny cage moment:

His joke is so corny, I love it.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
they really made like lightyear leap after the first Injustice, those designs were some of the most hideous ive ever seen.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Couldn't agree more. They really knocked it out of the park with MK11's visual design and the characters have never looked better

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I think this might be my favorite, even if it is a blunt way to show how far he's come.

So help me if they replace his actor in MK12... I was so happy he was one of the few that remained.

that might show better character growth, but that moment against Shinnok is Johnny Cage at his most annoyingly best. That insult only works because it's so corny. Like, that it's such a crappy insult, is an insult unto itself lol. The way he delivers it, and the arrogant facial expression he has, it's just perfectly johnny cage.

Johnny Cage is everything Duke Nukem wishes it was, but isn't.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah. MK has such an interesting aesthetic compared to other FGs, 11 is such an amazing representation of it.