• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ayd105h1twp21.jpg

If this skin is also on the game hoo boy, I'm so in.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
she doesnt look like mk character at all, its like they took her from injustice and put it in as guest character.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like any of the MK folks would just straight up die trying to fight her lol.

Literally on some Avatar State shit.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She seems pretty dope. To be honest more female characters by NRS is always welcomed, they've been doing a solid job lately.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Lol she looks cool but kind of out of place and extremely overpowered compared to the rest of the cast.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
wait she's an Elder God?

girl then why is she playable, everyone should just die immediately

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is actually one of the first newcomers between X and XI that really caught my attention.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Go back and watch the Story trailer and Raiden is speaking to her in it. They showed her from behind. Def an Elder God

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm not really getting the "she doesn't look like a Mortal Kombat character" sentiment.

We got ninjas, cowboys, cyborgs, Gods, demons, soldiers, wizards, and a guy with a cool hat.

MK has always been a mix of different character types.

Quan

Oct 28, 2017
No!

*wags finger*

No!

She has to call on the local woodland creatures to rip out your heart.

I know the original post you replied to was a shout out to Captain Planet, but the whole talk about a heart rip fatality had me thinking...

A better ending to this fatality would have been a rip off of the intro from Dragon's Dogma. After stomping the victim into the ground she simply leans over and plucks their heart out with a single fingernail. Would have been a better ending to the fatality than the lame one that they have now.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
She looks lame af, hopefully the kollector ends up looking better.

So far the newcomers have been pretty "meh" for me

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
If they called her Khamelion and gave her a ninja outfit, would should be more Mortal Kombat for people.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
01t2qbyujwp21.jpg

I don't dislike her design, but someone pointed out that all I can now see are Aloy and Sylens.
horizon-character-art-sylens-ingame-4.jpg

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Her character design makes sense. Characters like Shao Kahn, Shinnok, Geras, and Raiden are supposed to be scary. Cetrion is supposed to be untouchable even for them.

Cetrion move set has her come off as someone who is just far beyond everyone else. And it fits because she is supposed to be an elder god. Her fatality is a nice cherry on the sundae because people are like, "why even," and the answer is because she can and the others can't. She towers above the other characters in the game. It makes sense that she would tower above them when killing them.

It isn't by coincidence that Raiden, Shinnok, Shao Kahn, Kotal, and Geras are all huge/

Jan 11, 2018
She retweeted it at least, so I think it is.

Ah, then it probably is her.

I'm not really getting the "she doesn't look like a Mortal Kombat character" sentiment.

We got ninjas, cowboys, cyborgs, Gods, demons, soldiers, wizards, and a guy with a cool hat.

MK has always been a mix of different character types.

Agreed. I'm thrilled that both Geras and Cetrion look so interesting, knowing the track record this series has when it comes to additional characters beyond the original trilogy. Ferra/Torr, Jarek, Mavado, Kira... they're all what you'd expect from MK and not in a good way.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
That's some crazy 'Mother Earth personified' shit. I love it.

It's always exciting when Netherrealm introduces a character that looks like they have a distinct flavor or direction. Sands of Time man, creepy insect lady, blind telekinetic swordsman, cowboy, spunky millennial, red ninja lady who is all about blood magic...

What the fuck was the creative direction for Dairou? Or Havik?

Apr 1, 2019
This character design is good, but her fatality is a bit underwhelming. I mean, she can control the elements, they could have made a more creative fatality with that.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
That's some crazy 'Mother Earth personified' shit. I love it.

It's always exciting when Netherrealm introduces a character that looks like they have a distinct flavor or direction. Sands of Time man, creepy insect lady, blind telekinetic swordsman, cowboy, spunky millennial, red ninja lady who is all about blood magic...

What the fuck was the creative direction for Dairou? Or Havik?
Havik is the fucking man and deserves to be in the roster

Take that back!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kaptain Planet let's goooooooooooooooooooo

Her fatality is weird though, I feel like the second part could've been fleshed out and stood on its own. On second thought I really like how much it escalated, more fatalities should do that.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Not really feeling this character or the music at all. The music sounded like avengers, not MK.

I agree with the person who said this character would fit better in Injustice. Something feels weird about it.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This character design is good, but her fatality is a bit underwhelming. I mean, she can control the elements, they could have made a more creative fatality with that.
I think my issue with her fatality is a problem MKX had with a lot of its fatalities, which is they couldn't decide what to do, so they just... did three different things, all of which could've been the actual fatality. She crushes you with rocks!... okay... and then she grows big and steps on you!... okay... and then grows REALLY big, larger than the Earth... okay... and then she shoots a laser beam out of her mouth... okay... and the laser beam kinda dismembers you.

It's a lot of excess so no one part stands out.

Havik was nothing more than a rejected Noob design.

Accept the truth, and let your heart be free.
This is true... and yet also why they get along so well.
sdxmt9cax0f21.jpg