• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Oh, I forgot about those pre-launch placeholders.

If that's the case, this really doesn't feel like they're supporting the game for much longer than they ever have as Boon insinuated and this is the same 1-year "Komplere" package just with extra story instead of characters and a few weeks late.

Yeah I agree. On a technicality you can say they're supporting the story mode longer than normal though. LOL.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got actually excited when I saw Robocop and heard Weller's voice (because I generally don't like guest characters in most fighting games). Cool to see Friendships again. It was always the best type of alternate finishers. Glad that Stage Fatalities are back too. These area pretty cool bunch of updates. Not particularly interested in the other chars besides Robocop, although Fujin looks alright. I hope Quan Chi is indeed one of the later chars. Hopefully they'll get his MKX voice actor back. He was excellent.

I just wish NRS would add Skarlet's demo/ending skin skin so I could buy this already. I seriously don't get why it's not available.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Please don't play with my feelings like this. I don't know if I can take another MK DLC reveal trailer without getting to post a fuck 100 Ash "Groovy" Gifs.

Hope for the best, expect the worst lol.

TBH I think that guy liked the tweet because he really wanted Ash in. Another leaker said it had something to do with Bruce Campbell not liking the terms of the deal but I dunno if that's true.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Hope for the best, expect the worst lol.

TBH I think that guy liked the tweet because he really wanted Ash in. Another leaker said it had something to do with Bruce Campbell not liking the terms of the deal but I dunno if that's true.

Yeah, it's probably that. Fuck :/
Also, since the cancellation of Ash vs Evil Dead due to low Numbers, I think Bruce has really soured on the Franchise (and a bit on the Fanbase) which probanly doesn't make this kind of stuff easier to negotiate . I can't blame him though.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they take the opportunity to beef up the Switch version since that one has been pretty rough from what I heard.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Not until now, or--not until the Aftermath update drops, that is to say. There were no stage fatalities at launch. MKX was the same way. When MKXL dropped, stage fatalities were added, too.

And, as that tweet above says, the stage fatalities are free for non-Aftermath owners.

Awesome. Thanks for answering my question!

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I think the woman who plays Bobbie from The Expanse was the Mo-Cap actress for Sheeva. It certainly looks like her, and shes pretty big herself.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Should I buy the Bundle or the Expansion only? I already owned the Ultimate Edition of MK11

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing as how you have insider information do you know what the hell the deal is with Ash Williams?

Is he still coming eventually in some KP3?

If not, who is at fault?

A lot of what I presume are fake leaks claim it's contract issues with Bruce Campbell. Is it because of that? It seems hard to belive considering they would have had to do a facescan for him and get him to do voice work. Bruce was teasing Ash in MK back when even WB was teasing Ash in the first KP. So all of that have had to be done.

Or is it something to do with the rights being split between Universal/MGM with Army of Darkness, the TV show with Lionsgate, and Renaissance Pictures having the rights to the first 2 films and co-rights for everything else.

If MK11 wanted to have both old and young Ash, considering the whole timeline theme of the game, it would require both Lionsgate and Universal. Such a collaboration wasn't even possible when the show was being made and Lionsgate/Renaissance were denied use of anything from AOD.

DBD is another game that has Ash, and they too are restricted to just old Ash. So it seems Universal/MGM have a history of being pricks.

But then again you'd think WB's legal team would have gotten that all sorted out long before they started to tease Ash in KP1.

That's the end of what I know sadly. I just asked him about anything else and he said he can't tell me. I also can't read his facial expressions because we are all wearing masks lol. I know nothing new since the last thread we had the same discussion on sadly.

If I ever hear anything new I'll relay it. But I hound at least once a day on info. But everything has been super hush hush lately with the new consoles around the corner.....at least from my only source of info.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
eJW7lOf.gif
is this based off of something like all of those fortnite dances or are these completely original Noob Saibot dance moves?

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
So is there a reason why the Masquerade skins are the only thing not apart of the full Aftermath Kollection? Seems weird that i purchased the kollection and thats the only skin pack not in it that i still would have to buy.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Very interested to see Robocop's moveset, crazy that Terminator vs. Robocop will be a reality this month.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know it's cool and all but gee. Murphy's been through enough, man.

I have a stronger feeling of 'don't you dare hurt him' than I had when they revealed Isabelle from Animal Crossing was going to be in Smash.

I suppose I'm just going to have to finally buy the game and UPHOLD THE LAW on all of you.

Oh, and speaking of cross-overs with Mario:

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
I notice they stepping away from the horror movie DLC guests since they running out of iconic ones and stepping into more violent iconic chars

I hate guest chars but I'm low key hype for Robocop

can't wait till the next expansion pack "invasion of Chaosrealm" a man can dream

Give me Havik!!!!

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Yeah, it's probably that. Fuck :/
Also, since the cancellation of Ash vs Evil Dead due to low Numbers, I think Bruce has really soured on the Franchise (and a bit on the Fanbase) which probanly doesn't make this kind of stuff easier to negotiate . I can't blame him though.
The rights to the Ash Williams character are a mess, because Army of Darkness and the Evil Dead movies are owned by different companies. Bruce has said in the past that he has no issue playing Ash in games, just won't in movies/tv anymore. I'm guessing it's just a giant mess of red tape to get the OK to use the character.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Down for more story mode and about time someone did this. Adding random fighters is cool and all but leaves me wanting more so happy to see this. Depending on price I might get it. MK11 is dead in my region so theres no point in getting characters and what not. Also not a fan of the amount of guests but I can live with it.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Mortal Kombat trailers are always fucking dope. Make me wish I was any good at fighting games.

I'd love a non fighting mortal kombat game

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Same regarding the scrap scene.

The RoboCain fight is fucking awesome. Something about this shot of Cain in the hallway fucking haunted my nightmares for a while though

3CRFU3G.png
Always loved the part where he scales an elevator shaft in a matter of seconds. The stop motion only makes it look freakier.