• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Too many Robocop virgins in here. It's time people! You're stuck at home anyway so give it a watch.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is going to be sweet and having Shang Tsung playing a pivotal role in the story makes this even better. Sadly I won't be getting the DLC since $40 is way to much for me. I'll watch the story online but will enjoy the hell out of all the free stuff and when a deal comes up I'll be there for Fujin.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I know what I'll be watching this weekend. How does 2 hold up? I know 3 is garbage
I think 2 holds up decently.

It has a few interesting messages about drug use, planned obsolescence from corporations, a little arc about depression, and the segment of the movie where RoboCop is turned into a softer kid friendly symbol feels awfully meta in a "the writers knew where the studio wanted to take the franchise" kind of way.

Also the scene with all of the failed RoboCop 2 prototypes is one of the high points of the franchise.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
You know what's nuts? This would probably have been revealed at Combo Breaker, with grand finals being like May 24th. Imagine dropping this at the community event that's been most supportive to NRS games and have it basically be like "play it tomorrow." Would've been a really nutty reaction from the crowd: story mode, 3 new fighters all released at once, not a drip feed, friendships, new stages, stage fatalities, probably balance changes, etc. Woof.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact about the "You have 20 seconds to comply" scene in robocop: when the guy is screaming in agony, that's real, not acting. They loaded him up with an excessive amount of squibs. they wanted it to be way too much. After a while, it actually started to hurt the guy IRL. When he falls back and is smoldering, that's actual smoke from the squibs, his body was slightly burned.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, that trailer got me hyped and I don't even own the game yet.

That's some theatrical release level of shit right there. Robocop looked great. It'll be interesting to see his move set.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Somebody wanna call a GODDAMN PARAMEDIC?"

In a dark funny way, I always liked how they still rushed Murphy's body to the hospital and are giving him CPR like he's gonna survive. He was shot like 50 times with shotguns, his arm was blown off, they put a bullet into his brain... and he still survived long enough to die on the OR table haha.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know that Shang Tsung line was just trolling people, but I'd laugh if they somehow got Darth Vader in here too

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
It will never happen, but I would love it if the friendship of the Terminator is him getting a turboman doll from jingle all the way for his opponent :)

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will never happen, but I would love it if the friendship of the Terminator is him getting a turboman doll from jingle all the way for his opponent :)

I wonder if it's going to be one of the "Talk to the hand" style scenes from T3. A better friendship would be a close up of him trying to smile ala Terminator 2.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm really excited about RoboCop's inclusion, mainly due to Terminator already being in. I just absolutely love guest characters, so I have no complaints and I'm sure he'll have a fun moveset. I'm just waiting on Ash at this point.

Hopefully Havik can make his return as well.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
In a dark funny way, I always liked how they still rushed Murphy's body to the hospital and are giving him CPR like he's gonna survive. He was shot like 50 times with shotguns, his arm was blown off, they put a bullet into his brain... and he still survived long enough to die on the OR table haha.
I still think the OCP executive had it worse. Not only he got initially blasted to hell into that table, but the damn ED-209 kept destroying his knees, and opened a whole hole in his chest. Oh sure, bring the paramedic with an adrenaline syringe and make him the next Robocop 2 while you're at it. :P

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I wonder if it's going to be one of the "Talk to the hand" style scenes from T3. A better friendship would be a close up of him trying to smile ala Terminator 2.

4sQJ.gif

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Robo's friendship should be the "thank you for not smoking" bit from 2

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Or the Elton John star glasses from T3. I know it's a divisive movie, but the way Arnold pulled off that straight face with those on cracks me up.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited about RoboCop's inclusion, mainly due to Terminator already being in. I just absolutely love guest characters, so I have no complaints and I'm sure he'll have a fun moveset. I'm just waiting on Ash at this point.

Hopefully Havik can make his return as well.
Ash is out due to some non agreement bullshit, he was supposed to be in KP1. And we already know who will be in the last pack, if you don't care about being spoiled you can google it.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Wait...
So this is not Kombat pack 2? there is another one coming later?
i might wait to get a complete collection then

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Wait...
So this is not Kombat pack 2? there is another one coming later?
i might wait to get a complete collection then
The truth is, no one knows. The wording seems pretty clear that Aftermath gets these 3 characters only, but also calls it the Aftermath Pack or Kollection, not a Komplete Edition the way NRS has done in the past. Right now we're sitting at 9 DLC characters, which is identical to Injustice 2. Some will say that's a sign that it's done, some will say that the way the devs have said they'll support this game longer than any other NRS game, that it means we're getting another pack down the line.

Will there be another Kombat Pack? We all probably want that, but there's no indication beyond some rumoured leaks to say that's actually happening yet.

What is this? Its M11 having all DLCs like MK XL or a sequel add-on?
There's various versions you can get:
Aftermath only
Aftermath + Kombat Pack 1 only
Base game + Aftermath + Kombat Pack

No one knows if this is all of the DLC the game is getting or if there will be more down the line.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I feel like we've had some many questions about the pricing and DLC set up, it really needs to be either added to the OP or thread marked

Oct 25, 2017
In this thread I expected people wondering how Robocop would even work in this game...

Instead I have learned a lot of people never watched Robocop

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the $40 would be more valid if all the free stuff wasn't free, but as a fighting game they don't have a choice...

I'll probably still just buy at full price but it feels like $25 of free content and $15 paid...

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that these two legendary characters are in a Mortal Kombat game blows my mind. I said it in the other thread, but this shit was only possible in one's dreams or in MUGEN fan projects. For me, this game has turned into RoboCop vs. Terminator: Featuring Mortal Kombat Kharacters.

It sounds cool on paper, but iconic characters don't necessarily translate to fun and/or exciting gameplay in a fighting game.

Terminator was kind of a dud and I don't expect much better here in that regard. At least Alien and Predator had more varied styles/movement. These are two very stiffly moving robots by design. I don't think they translate well.

Michael Meyers would be even more boring, but is probably destined to be in next at this rate.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Fuckers. So, with Ash gone, is this the last of the DLC then?

According to what me and a few others here have known since before launch, yes :/.

I've always been optimistic and hoped for more characters but I also always pretty much knew this would be it. You don't have 9 placeholder directories for post launch characters many months prior to release only to go and add 3 or 6 more (like a lot of people were hoping for). It doesn't make any sense really.

I'm just sad about Ash lol.

Terminator vs. RoboCop actually is a pretty cool match up but what gets me is how is it going to be fun playing as RoboCop? Lol. It's not like he has a massive arsenal or special movement abilities. He's a human tank most known for getting his arm shot off with a shotgun.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
According to what me and a few others here have known since before launch, yes :/.

I've always been optimistic and hoped for more characters but I also always pretty much knew this would be it. You don't have 9 placeholder directories for post launch characters many months prior to release only to go and add 3 or 6 more (like a lot of people were hoping for). It doesn't make any sense really.

I'm just sad about Ash lol.

Oh, I forgot about those pre-launch placeholders.

If that's the case, this really doesn't feel like they're supporting the game for much longer than they ever have as Boon insinuated and this is the same 1-year "Komplere" package just with extra story instead of characters and a few weeks late.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Fujin's story mode costume is basically what you're asking for.

...and that's likely one of his defaults. Remember, MK11 has a huge amount of gear pieces and shaders. You'll likely end up with all kinds of colour options for him in the end.

Actually this is the one I deeply dislike, the blue and turquoise together look absolutely awful, the palette is like everywhere. But just like we both said, there'll be plenty of shaders and surely one that resembles the classic feel a bit more. Also, the new white and pale blue costume, which I think is his main one, is a REALLY good redesign, so there'll be options for sure.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I bet Ash is still coming if they plan to keep the "two MK characters plus one guest" model for the inevitable continuation of this pack later on.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been humming the Robocop theme song all day today. One of the best pieces of music ever composed. When that song plays I feel like I could kick a dump truck over.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
There's various versions you can get:
Aftermath only
Aftermath + Kombat Pack 1 only
Base game + Aftermath + Kombat Pack

No one knows if this is all of the DLC the game is getting or if there will be more down the line.
How does Aftermath only work without the base game?

The end of the trailer clearly shows what you are getting:

KAU7G9c.jpg

MK11 = Base game
Kombat Pack = Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Terminator, Sindel, Joker, Spawn, (plus a bunch of skins)
Aftermath Expansion DLC = New story content, 3 new characters (Fujin, Sheeva, Robocop), 3 new skin packs

Purchase Options (other than buying everything individually)
Aftermath Expansion DLC - - if you already own MK11
Aftermath Expansion DLC + Kombat Pack - - if you already own MK11
MK11 + Aftermath Expansion DLC + Kombat Pack - - if you don't have MK11

As for whether this is all content for MK11 - there could be more content on the way, but this is everything available for now.

Oct 26, 2017
Did they ever add stage fatalities to the base game?

Not until now, or--not until the Aftermath update drops, that is to say. There were no stage fatalities at launch. MKX was the same way. When MKXL dropped, stage fatalities were added, too.

And, as that tweet above says, the stage fatalities are free for non-Aftermath owners.