• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I think the should cannon was an extension of the jetpack in 3. The riot shield seems to be new for this game. I'm okay with the shield, but it would make more sense to just have him straight block things.

I'm going to guess this is going to be one of his fatalities

source.gif
I don't remember Robocop being so violent. Damn, kid me watched some gory stuff

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope for a jump robocop uses the jetpack from robocop 3. Even in old games he never could jump on his own. Too heavy.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

you need to rewatch robocop

A) it's legitimately one of the smartest movies ever made. Robocop has a lot to say. Robocop is more relevant today than when it was released. It's biting satire about capitalism run rampant. It is way, way more intelligent than other action movies. Critics just were too dumb to get its overt messages in 1987 and took it straight instead of the social commentary it was explicitly meant to be.

B) Robocop has legitimate art house chops. Robocop's cinematography is an example of a chaismus, as an allegory to jesus christ.

C) Robocop is hyper gory.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

A) it's legitimately one of the smartest movies ever made. Robocop has a lot to say. Robocop is more relevant today than when it was released. It's biting satire about capitalism run rampant.

B) Robocop has legitimate art house chops. Robocop's cinematography is an example of a chaismus, as an allegory to jesus christ.

This is especially true with the satire about the media in the movie and how ridiculous it is.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is especially true with the satire about the media in the movie and how ridiculous it is.

It goes so much deeper, too. One bit I like is how all the politicians/CEOs in the movie are actually drug addicts, while the actual drug kingpins drink wine in opulence while wearing nice clothes.

I love when Dick Jones is pissed that they ruined his deal for ED 209. "We had millions in repair contracts, who cares if it worked!?"

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
RoboCop's director's cut was so gory that it had to be edited down just so it could make the R Rating cut in the 80s

Also, I'm willing to bet that a lot of 80s parents got fooled by RoboCop, probably took a look at the cover and assumed it was some kiddy sci-fi superhero flick.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the Robocop DC in theatre a few years ago was an amazing experience in a packed screening.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Willing to bet one of Robocop's fatalities will be dipping someone in acid, then having a police car run them over

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017

A) it's legitimately one of the smartest movies ever made. Robocop has a lot to say. Robocop is more relevant today than when it was released. It's biting satire about capitalism run rampant. It is way, way more intelligent than other action movies. Critics just were too dumb to get its overt messages in 1987 and took it straight instead of the social commentary it was explicitly meant to be.

Thank you so much for bringing up RoboCop being basically a perfectly symmetrical film.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you so much for bringing up RoboCop being basically a perfectly symmetrical film.

Robocop is legitimately intelligent media. Ironically, the people who think it's nothing but a dumb action flick, are likely too thick to get most of the commentary. It flies over their head.

I, without a shred of irony, think Robocop is a perfect film. My favorite movie of all time.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Robocop is legitimately intelligent media. Ironically, the people who think it's nothing but a dumb action flick, are likely too thick to get most of the commentary. It flies over their head.

I, without a shred of irony, think Robocop is a perfect film. My favorite movie of all time.
Same (on both points). It's a movie that works on so many levels - you can watch it as a popcorn revenge flick and it works, you can watch it as a satirical black comedy and it works, you can watch it as an examination of what actually constitutes humanity and it works.

Side now - RoboCop 2 is obviously not as good as the first movie, but I think it's pretty solid.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same (on both points). It's a movie that works on so many levels - you can watch it as a popcorn revenge flick and it works, you can watch it as a satirical black comedy and it works, you can watch it as an examination of what actually constitutes humanity and it works.

Side now - RoboCop 2 is obviously not as good as the first movie, but I think it's pretty solid.

I like Robocop 2, but ever since I was a kid, the scene where they torture and take robocop apart has scarred me. Even as an adult, I don't like watching that scene.

The final fight with Kain is badass, though.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Robocop also has the best theme song of any action flick ever

This absolutely needs to be in the game in some form:

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I like Robocop 2, but ever since I was a kid, the scene where they torture and take robocop apart has scarred me. Even as an adult, I don't like watching that scene.

The final fight with Kain is badass, though.
Same regarding the scrap scene.

The RoboCain fight is fucking awesome. Something about this shot of Cain in the hallway fucking haunted my nightmares for a while though

3CRFU3G.png

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Steam page is up for those new to MK11 wanting the full bundle / wanting a cheaper route from owning MK11 only

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same regarding the scrap scene.

The RoboCain fight is fucking awesome. Something about this shot of Cain in the hallway fucking haunted my nightmares for a while though

3CRFU3G.png
I like the shot where he tries to cut Robocop's mask with the arc welder. The actual visual composition is pretty, the way Robocop's visor turns slightly rainbow at the heat stress.

That scene was filmed at the george R brown convention center in Houston, Texas. I used to go to a PC Users club called Hal-PC there in the late 90's. I won a copy of Visual Studio 97 in a computer programming contest at that building and got to go on stage to accept it. While I was there, all i could think about is "this is where robocop's final battle took place!" It still looks 100% the same, even today.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$40? That seems like a pretty big ask.

If you don't already own everything though, it certainly makes the MK11 Aftermath Kollection look like a really good deal at $60.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I really liked it. It has some really cool ideas, like Murphy being the inadvertant brain that powers the Skynet AI. In terms of story, it's a mix of beats from both Robocop and Terminator. Like, the typical story of terminator where there are time traveling saviors, and time traveling assassins, are reversed. In this case, humans go back to the past to murder Robocop to try and stop judgement day, and terminators are sent back as his protector. Then, midway through, they forcibly assimilate robocop into skynet, destroying his body, until he is reborn as Robo-terminator.

Good shit.

robocopvsterminator-2-of-4-24.jpg

1152523-robocop_v_terminator_final.jpg

robocop-vs-terminator---neca---endocop---terminator-dog-7---figure-p-image-359661-grande.jpg
Thanks for the write up.
I never read the comic, but I did play RoboCop vs The Terminator on the MegaDrive and it was awesome!

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should watch Robocop.

Everybody should always watch Robocop. Obviously the original. The remake completely misses the point of the character. Being robocop is supposed to be awful, like a curse. They turned him into a damned super hero, being robocop in the remake was arguably way better than just being human. The entire point of robocop was him finding his humanity despite the awful condition they left him in.

They even let the new robocop keep his hand, specifically so he'd know he was human. The exact opposite of what they did in the original. Pissed me off so much.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Everybody should always watch Robocop. Obviously the original. The remake completely misses the point of the character. Being robocop is supposed to be awful, like a curse. They turned him into a damned super hero, being robocop in the remake was arguably way better than just being human. The entire point of robocop was him finding his humanity despite the awful condition they left him in.

They even let the new robocop keep his hand, specifically so he'd know he was human. The exact opposite of what they did in the original. Pissed me off so much.

I hate dumb remakes, the original it is!

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth I don't think RebootCop is that bad. It misses the point of the original and plays it too safe but on its own it's not terrible. It's actually a decently solid movie until roughly the halfway point, because then the villains start doing incredibly dumb things just to give Murphy a reason to be angry in act 3.

I like the shot where he tries to cut Robocop's mask with the arc welder. The actual visual composition is pretty, the way Robocop's visor turns slightly rainbow at the heat stress.

That scene was filmed at the george R brown convention center in Houston, Texas. I used to go to a PC Users club called Hal-PC there in the late 90's. I won a copy of Visual Studio 97 in a computer programming contest at that building and got to go on stage to accept it. While I was there, all i could think about is "this is where robocop's final battle took place!" It still looks 100% the same, even today.

That's fucking awesome!

Yeah I like the arc welder bit too. I like that the whole fight is basically Murphy and Cain just throwing haymakers at each other the entire time. Those two just hate each other and there's zero punch pulling.

I should watch Robocop.

I like to consider myself a movie buff and I without question think RoboCop is one of the best movies ever made and, in the action genre, is top 3 easy. Definitely recommend it.

It's also an insanely quotable movie.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Robocop 2 before the first one so I've always loved it more then most people. Can't remember how young I was but the scene where the crooked cop gets cut open alive messed me up lol. I also found RoboCain to be scary as fuck.

I hope the Robocop 2 color makes it in.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate dumb remakes, the original it is!
It helps that Peter Weller's voice is amazing.

I also like Weller as the voice of Batman in The Dark Knight Returns, specifically because it reminded me of Robocop. I am so incredibly stoked that he's playing Robocop again.

One of the most quotable movies ever.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are making me want to watch Robocop. My only experience is seeing part of one (not sure which film) playing on TV while half asleep on a Saturday night over a decade ago.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Also shoutouts to Clarence Boddicker

0787608c1fe65989eae4abd4962100dc.jpg

This dude is my favorite type of movie villain. He's a completely irredeemable evil piece of shit human who has absolutely no delusions about what he actually is, and he revels in every single second of it.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
For what it's worth I don't think RebootCop is that bad. It misses the point of the original and plays it too safe but on its own it's not terrible. It's actually a decently solid movie until roughly the halfway point, because then the villains start doing incredibly dumb things just to give Murphy a reason to be angry in act 3.

That's fucking awesome!

Yeah I like the arc welder bit too. I like that the whole fight is basically Murphy and Cain just throwing haymakers at each other the entire time. Those two just hate each other and there's zero punch pulling.

I like to consider myself a movie buff and I without question think RoboCop is one of the best movies ever made and, in the action genre, is top 3 easy. Definitely recommend it.

It's also an insanely quotable movie.

Damn y'all, I feel ashamed for not having seen this movie, I will soon I promise.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

Damn i need to rewatch it

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also shoutouts to Clarence Boddicker

0787608c1fe65989eae4abd4962100dc.jpg

This dude is my favorite type of movie villain. He's a completely irredeemable evil piece of shit human who has absolutely no delusions about what he actually is, and he revels in every single second of it.

Kurtwood Smith makes this movie. he is the perfect villain. He seems legitimately like a sociopath.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ridiculously hyped for this DLC but that $40 price tag is killing me right now cause I just got REmake 3 for PC.

The fact that these two legendary characters are in a Mortal Kombat game blows my mind. I said it in the other thread, but this shit was only possible in one's dreams or in MUGEN fan projects. For me, this game has turned into RoboCop vs. Terminator: Featuring Mortal Kombat Kharacters.

Also I love how this tread turned into a RoboCop appreciation thread XD!

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I know what I'll be watching this weekend. How does 2 hold up? I know 3 is garbage

2 is written by frank miller, so it has a much meaner, darker edge. It's got less to say than robocop 1 (although it still has a message mainly about drugs), but lots of people still like it. I like it decidedly much, much less than Robocop 1, myself. But I still enjoy it.

Everything after Robocop 2 is pretty bad.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Maximilian's reaction video to the trailer and he's not enthused by Robocop much at all. Terminator really left a bad taste in his mouth.