• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
JW3Dse0.gif
Doing the lord's work! THANK YOU!!

So is this the last major content update for MK11?
My brain and gut say yes (we're at same # of characters as Injustice 2 had for DLC), but my heart wants 3 more characters to keep it going.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably my favorite redesign in this game, and possibly in the series so far:

AABTyfAAAbIK.jpg
Dude has elements of kung Lao and kitana in his moveset and it has always made him awesome to play. I am eager to see if his crossbow comes into play and how many lifts and wind grabs I can put in a single combo.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Story expansion, new stages and characters? Sold!

Might have to pick up the season pass at some point as well...

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
wWtyZrJ.jpg

Robocop has a technological arsenal at his disposal including a flamethrower, riot shield, shoulder cannon with different ammunition types and, of course, his iconic Auto 9 Pistol.
RoboCop is definitely fulfilling the Sektor function™ with a flamethrower and shoulder cannon.

Dec 23, 2017
I haven't played Mortal Kombat since MK3 on the SNES.

I do play fighting games, like Guilty Gear, I noticed MK 11 is on sale on Steam. Worth diving in?

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017

I do play fighting games, like Guilty Gear, I noticed MK 11 is on sale on Steam. Worth diving in?
The main crux is the game's speed. It's closer to MK 1 and 2 than MK 3, so if you like the OG games you'll be happy, but you if like faster paces like MK3 then look up some gameplay and judge for yourself.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I never knew Ed also likes Stryker. That means there's a much better chance for his return, in that case!
...It's now a five in a million chance.
I love Stryker, in a world of fireballs and flying kicks, I just imagine all interactions with Stryker go like:
"What's your super power?"
"GUN!"

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The mortal kombat games are super, super story heavy, like some of the most story heavy games around. MK 9-10-11 are a trilogy, and MK 11 is basically the ending to the entire series in terms of story. Most of the beats in MK 11's story revolve around resolving decades old story lines in satisfactory ways. MK11 is one of the absolute best games in the series, both in terms of story and gameplay.

MK 9 was a soft reboot that brought everyone up to speed and set up the new new trilogy. Before you play MK11, you need to at least watch the cutscenes from MK9 and MKX otherwise you'll be completely lost in MK11. Ideally, you'd play them both as well, because they're outstanding games. But definitely at least watch MK9 and MKX's story modes, they are basically feature length movies.

You should also at least watch the opening cutscene to Mortal Kombat Armageddon because the intro to MK9 is a direct follow up to it. In that sense, MK:A's intro is sort of a small prequel to MK9:

At the moment, hands down, Mortal Kombat is my favorite fighting game franchise. Nobody else is coming close.

Mortal Kombat has the best lore in gaming, by far. There's a big reason people are hyped about this trailer, and it's not just because of Robocop. It's because, story wise, what they showed in it is hype as fuck.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If there's Friendships, im hoping babalities are in too!! I am so ready for this DLC!!!! Super excited.

Ed and NRS really listen to their fans, gotta love it! People have been clamoring for Friendships to come back since MK11 launched and stage fatalities too.

Dec 23, 2017
The mortal kombat games are super, super story heavy, like some of the most story heavy games around. MK 9-10-11 are a trilogy, and MK 11 is basically the ending to the entire series in terms of story. Most of the beats in MK 11's story revolve around resolving decades old story lines in satisfactory ways. MK11 is one of the absolute best games in the series, both in terms of story and gameplay.

MK 9 was a soft reboot that brought everyone up to speed and set up the new new trilogy. Before you play MK11, you need to at least watch the cutscenes from MK9 and MKX otherwise you'll be completely lost in MK11. Ideally, you'd play them both as well, because they're outstanding games. But definitely at least watch MK9 and MKX's story modes, they are basically feature length movies.

You should also at least watch the opening cutscene to Mortal Kombat Armageddon because the intro to MK9 is a direct follow up to it. In that sense, MK:A's intro is sort of a small prequel to MK9:

At the moment, hands down, Mortal Kombat is my favorite fighting game franchise. Nobody else is coming close.

Mortal Kombat has the best lore in gaming, by far. There's a big reason people are hyped about this trailer, and it's not just because of Robocop. It's because, story wise, what they showed in it is hype as fuck.

Oh I see! o.o

Seems I have quite a bit to catch up on. Thanks for the videos!

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Robocop is kinda tempting but idk if I'm willing to play MK11 again.

The game feels anti-hype to play, i don't hate it but i definetly gotta be in the right mindset to play it and enjoy it.

That and I'm not over how they obliterated Kotal Khan gameplay wise, absolute garbage had me tilted.