• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
I only got into Mortal Kombat a couple months ago but I'm Day One for this. The marketing really has done a good job of building up each character. I want to main them all

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Generic stripper was also my favorite design /s

You can't compare the two

latest

skarlet_mk11_by_arosto2019_dcxb5vm-pre.jpg
I know. MK9 one is way better.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible trailer. Single-handedly might sell me on buying the game.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
An interesting thing.
The Johnny Cage of the present seems to gain a scar on the cheek from the Johnny Cage of the past getting slashed.

I wouldn't be surprise to see someone from the past getting killed and the same person from the future disappearing at the same time.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hell, even her "sexier" MK11 costume is a massive improvement.

98C4A6638F39294215A09D6CD093BF09CE4DF349

Turns out you need to be actually creative with your designs when you can't get away with a bikini and a mask, who could've known?
I don't know if it's that creative, looks pretty similar to Kitana.

D2iNRx_X4AggRpc

With so many topless guys running around some more skin wouldn't feel out of place

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary
I don't know if it's that creative, looks pretty similar to Kitana.

D2iNRx_X4AggRpc

With so many topless guys rubbing g around so more skin wouldn't feel out of place
Het chest got even smaller than X.

Damn...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
LMAO... No. MK11 is the best any of these characters have ever looked, design wise.

In terms of costume design, I don't agree. I hate the generic armor look that a couple characters have.

I also legitimately hate how Jade looks in this. But I do think it's overall a step up from MKX which was far too over-designed at points.

I'm just hoping for a ton of unlockable costumes ranging from MK1 to MK9.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
MK9 female designs are atrocious. Come on guys, lol. Actually, there were all terrible until MKX

I actually brought this up to my fiancee. I mentioned that it was nice to see them not going insane with the sexualization of female characters like MK9 but that I wasn't feeling some of the new costumes in general.

And then she said she hates how Jade and Skarlet look in this but loved them in MK9. And I expected her to think they were too much but she actually preferred them.

So I don't even know anymore. Haha. I feel like we're at a point where no one will ever be happy with the designs because there will always be a group of fans who would rather the character designs look more like (insert MK game here).

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Netherrealm finally makes characters that actually look human and some people are upset that it's not the previous abominations. What the hell, this is easily the first MK where I have to hold my tongue from shit talking it. I'm in bizarro world.

Oct 28, 2017
Jax looks sick, seems his present self is working for Kronika. Wonder what lead to that.

Also what era are they plucking these past warriors from, Kano and Liu Kang are in their MK3 get-up so are they coming from the old timeline?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy with Jax.

Honestly all I could ever want personally that isn't currently in is Reptile.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
This looks so good, the hell.

I'd love if they continued this motif in their DLC characters as well, you get past and present designs of characters in a pack. Like someone suggested, Old and Young Kratos ect.

Just pie-sky-dreams.

Oct 26, 2017
Jax looks sick, seems his present self is working for Kronika. Wonder what lead to that.

Also what era are they plucking these past warriors from, Kano and Liu Kang are in their MK3 get-up so are they coming from the old timeline?

Jax just kind of disappears from MKX's story. In his story bit, we see him take down Quan Chi and the revenants, and then he waits for D'Vorah. Only, D'Vorah still gets to Quan Chi and we never see Jax again.

It's kind of a plothole, so I hope it gets filled with Kronika recruiting him during that event in MKX.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer made me real interested in buying the game. I bounced off MK10 pretty quickly, but this might be a good game for coming summer drought

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019

Have a feeling Kang and Lao showed in this are from the Shaolin Monks timeline which is likely the best version of the 2

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Watched the trailer again and holy shit...this might be one of my favorite trailers for any game this generation
Man, I really should save my money and wait for a sale, God knows I have too many games to play, haven't even finished Injustice 2 story mode, but this trailer might have pushed me over the edge to buy it day one

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Like every other fighting game ever, I'm going to play this for ten minutes then never again, but I can't resist

This looks too damn good

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
like forget about the oversexualization, they didn't even look like humans in MK9. broad shoulders, no hips, and manjaws. it was offputting.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The faces in X are horrendous, but the costume design on several of the characters in it are superior so far. And Jade, unironically, her MK9 look was the best, though could be biased since she was my most played character in the game. Hopefully the game is generous with the costumes and gear to satisfy most people.

Oh and that original Skarlett design is beyond garbage. So it's cool that she's actually has a unique design in this one.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really great trailer. Makes me wish I had any kind of talent for fighting games so I could play lol

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually brought this up to my fiancee. I mentioned that it was nice to see them not going insane with the sexualization of female characters like MK9 but that I wasn't feeling some of the new costumes in general.

And then she said she hates how Jade and Skarlet look in this but loved them in MK9. And I expected her to think they were too much but she actually preferred them.

So I don't even know anymore. Haha. I feel like we're at a point where no one will ever be happy with the designs because there will always be a group of fans who would rather the character designs look more like (insert MK game here).
It was kind of funny when they had the MK reveal with all the toned down designs and then Alicia Marie joined the stream with her Shao Khan cosplay going the opposite direction

ZYSpPwd.jpg