• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
yep, the snow birds are turning up in masses as well. Its like the whole fucking country forgot about the pandemic.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I live in FL. ill continue to not leave my house except to get food/necessities.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT FUCK THESE PEOPLE!!

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Not only to Florida, Mexico is full of tourists from the US, Canada, and Europe. And yes, the fact we haven't closed our border (tourism was considered an essential industry here) is to blame, but how privileged do you have to be to believe you can take the luxury of vacationing anywhere let alone in a foreign country during a fucking pandemic?

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida never fails to impress

They got superspreader 65+ camping out for COVID vaccine clinics as a first come first served basis alongside this.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Not only to Florida, Mexico is full of tourists from the US, Canada, and Europe. And yes, the fact we haven't closed our border (tourism was considered an essential industry here) is to blame, but how privileged do you have to be to believe you can take the luxury of vacationing anywhere let alone in a foreign country during a fucking pandemic?
Yeah, I noticed a few months ago that all of the Instagram/Twitter influencers are either in Mexico or Brazil. I was wondering how they can afford to be there months on end but it must be super cheap with the pandemic affecting prices.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
I kept wondering why the numbers are so bad here when everywhere I go downtown I see people wearing masks like they should and then last week a friend sent me a pic from a club in Doral that was packed wall to wall with maskless people acting like nothing was going on 😕

You understand that this is on Desantis and not of the state proper no? The vast majority of mayors in this state want to enforce basic protections and Desantis has blocked them all from the state level.

in a perfect world Desantis would be thrown in jail for murder.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I live in South Dakota and two of my dipshit co-workers are going to Denver tonight to celebrate New Year's.

They're a bunch of fucking idiots, but this one takes the cake.

I'd quit, but I'm financially fucked if I do, and will lose my car and our apartment.

I'm going to lose my shit if those fuck nuggets get it and spread it through work.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People just look at colors in a map and make their stupid assumptions. Don't worry we'll turn Florida blue in 2022.

Please.
Been doing my part for almost a decade

It'll happen one day

yep, the snow birds are turning up in masses as well. Its like the whole fucking country forgot about the pandemic.
What gets me is that they're showing up and expecting to get a vaccine as well, because fuck the people that actually live here.

Like, fuck dude, stay in your own God damn state if you're worried about not being able to get one at your seasonal residence that you totally don't have to go to.

It seems some counties are limiting it to only those that can prove local residency, at least.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Some friends of mine traveled to Hawaii lol. Lots of people traveling. And guess what? All Dem voters, educated, etc. This was never a partisan issue.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Not just the US lol, some of my friends here in Peru went to Florida this week to celebrate there.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pissed off having to go back to work
With limited team members, wages cut and getting no help withbhow busy we are in Universal Studios. I shaked my head when I saw a huge line if cars at the parking garage.

What's wrong with these people?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This level of flippant disregard for the wellbeing of oneself or others isn't exclusive to Florida. My little brother is going to drive down to South Carolina with his girlfriend for the new semester...and then take a flight back home. He could have just stayed here and let his gf drive by herself, but no, he had to be a selfish bitch.

edit - also my other brother has been desperately trying to get me to visit him and his girlfriend in California lately, even offering to pay for my plane tickets. It's absolutely insane.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lol that's because we don't have any fucking mandates or restrictions here either
We have a ton? Not even outdoor dining is allowed in LA right now.

That said, people are still idiots and ignore it. Highly dense urban areas just get hit hard, unless there's a shared culture of communal responsibility.

Which there is not.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
We have a ton? Not even outdoor dining is allowed in LA right now.

That said, people are still idiots and ignore it. Highly dense urban areas just get hit hard, unless there's a shared culture of communal responsibility.

Which there is not.
We have suggestions, the meekest of suggestions, that are neither followed or enforced. "We're putting out stay at home orders, which are 100% reactive instead of preventative so they'll only go into effect once shit is irreversibly bad, they are as follows: nothing is closed, nothing is reduced capacity (we say it is but nobody's following it lololol) please stay home? Please? Nothing bad will happen to you if you don't and everything is open--And wear a mask? Ok? Thanks for listening-- oh, oh you're all leaving at the same time in a big group with no masks on to go congregate in large numbers ok, um, well, just remember that we asked you nicely not to do that, nobody's going to stop you but, thanks for caring."

California is the worst Covid zone in the country because we're doing as close to the bare fucking minimum as humanly possible. The only way we're "better" than Florida is they don't even pretend to have the bullshit guidelines we do.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
No one cares about covid 19 in the states anymore. We will have over half a million dead by the time it's all over.
You're lowballing that number. Even if EVERYONE was diagnosed and nobody new was infected after yesterday, you'd still be looking at 580K deaths given the current fatality rate.

COVID-19 is going to easily sail past both the American Civil War and the Spanish flu as the greatest American killer of all-time.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
You're lowballing that number. Even if EVERYONE was diagnosed and nobody new was infected after yesterday, you'd still be looking at 580K deaths given the current fatality rate.

COVID-19 is going to easily sail past both the American Civil War and the Spanish flu as the greatest American killer of all-time.
Yikes. Bad Math on my part, and yet our government doesn't think we are worth more than 600 bucks each.

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
My family are all down there for vacation as we speak. I worry about my parents who are in their 80's now.

Told them I won't be seeing anyone until I'm vaccinated, which for all I know won't be until this time next year at the earliest. I'm struggling so hard to not see other people though, so I don't know how long I can last. :(

I hate all of this so much right now.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I really don't understand these kind of people, especially since basically everything in Denver is closed.

1. They're fucking idiots. I honestly don't know how they still have their jobs. They barely do anything, which just makes more work for me and the other people who work here..
  2. They're basically going down there to smoke pot and get laid. How do I know this, because they wouldn't shut up about it.
All they care about is smoking, getting laid and their rap careers.

I work at a T-Mobile store and I'm not an assistant manager, but it feels like I'm doing assistant manager work because I actually put the time and effort into learning my job.

They both just left and the store is quite, it's actually kinda nice.

I'm going to be super pissed if any of those idiots pick up Covid and bring it back to work.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We have suggestions, the meekest of suggestions, that are neither followed or enforced. "We're putting out stay at home orders, which are 100% reactive instead of preventative so they'll only go into effect once shit is irreversibly bad, they are as follows: nothing is closed, nothing is reduced capacity (we say it is but nobody's following it lololol) please stay home? Please? Nothing bad will happen to you if you don't and everything is open--And wear a mask? Ok? Thanks for listening-- oh, oh you're all leaving at the same time in a big group with no masks on to go congregate in large numbers ok, um, well, just remember that we asked you nicely not to do that, nobody's going to stop you but, thanks for caring."

California is the worst Covid zone in the country because we're doing as close to the bare fucking minimum as humanly possible. The only way we're "better" than Florida is they don't even pretend to have the bullshit guidelines we do.
I agree the restrictions aren't enough, but there's a reason that girl in the video traveled from CA to FL. You can't eat out, go to bars, or go to clubs here. A bunch of other shit is very stupidly open, but those are still massive congregation points that genuinely aren't open here.

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando
I kept wondering why the numbers are so bad here when everywhere I go downtown I see people wearing masks like they should and then last week a friend sent me a pic from a club in Doral that was packed wall to wall with maskless people acting like nothing was going on 😕

You understand that this is on Desantis and not of the state proper no? The vast majority of mayors in this state want to enforce basic protections and Desantis has blocked them all from the state level.

Making it an issue with the state

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
No one cares about covid 19 in the states anymore. We will have over half a million dead by the time it's all over.
At the rate your countries going half a million is looking optimistic. I never thought people could be so numb to so much suffering and I don't just mean in the USA. Too many sociopaths out there.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Of course. But young people still can get complications, at a lower rate, sure, but it still happens. And any person in the hospital is one too many theses days.

My 20yo son got it in college at Michigan in October and still has trouble breathing deep. He's going back to the cardiologist next week. He's terrified of getting it again.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
That new strain of the virus is gonna be there too :\ Just throwing gas into a forest already burning

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. Vegas is packed, too. When we re-opened, way back in May, I thought we'd have a ton of customers who would resist the masks and other measures. I mean, who else would come to Vegas except COVID deniers? But nope. I vastly underestimated the apathy of Americans. Everyone's fine with the masks, but that's just more apathy; they wear it to avoid confrontation.

No one gives a shit. It's surreal.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida makes a fuckload of money off tourism. They want out of towners here. If they go home and kill their families after catching covid, they aren't Florida residents so Florida covid numbers still look "good". The system is working as intended here

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

Heart Disease kills more per year. Yet we don't see news about it.

But you can stop it by eating Cheerios!

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Where I work at Diagon Alley it feels like pre covid
Oh I don't doubt that. Considering these parks have an incredibly high capacity under normal circumstances, even running at a fraction of that can result in well over 10k being in the park. And spreading things out for the sake of social distancing probably makes it feel like there are even more people about since they aren't packed into areas like they normally would be.