• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I didn't know people in North Korea wake up to this haunting music every day:

youtu.be

Morning in Pyongyang, North Korea. Very eerie.

http://www.videobash.com some of the flims are allow to shoot in NK but they must show the good side of the country

www.youtube.com

North Korea: Morning Music in front of Pyongyang Station 北朝鮮:早朝の平壌駅前

Pyongyang station at 6 o'clock on 5th October 2015ブログ:http://chojiro22.blogspot.jp/

really fits this dystopian life, I think it's creepy af even though it is a beautiful melody actually. Still very creepy.

At first I thought someone edited the video with this music when I watched the first video, my mind was blown when I realized it actually plays there every morning.

Feel free to post other eerie stuff in this thread.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
Wow eerie!
But is this a new occurrence? I don't remember anyone else mentioning this before. Like the Vice guide to North Korea series, something like this would be mentioned I would think.

thanks for sharing.

Nov 21, 2019

This one is pretty interesting if we're talking about street-level North Korea videos. This dude and his wife are Indonesians and I didn't know we have actual diplomats living there like that.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow that place looks so empty. Crazy stuff

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

This one is pretty interesting if we're talking about street-level North Korea videos. This dude and his wife are Indonesians and I didn't know we have actual diplomats living there like that.

Honestly NK looks way better than I expected. The food looks good and plentiful, people are well dressed for the winter and the city is clean and well-maintained.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Honestly NK looks way better than I expected. The food looks good and plentiful, people are well dressed for the winter and the city is clean and well-maintained.
That guy is likely working for North Korea looking at the rest of his channel.

Also
l_4K2qt1GkaP3GDUxBxmYRVqkOiSzd35LzyCoCpvwkZnZjpxc59_LIOAqNzgvyQn1nzFRHQeUtcVpA=s1080-nd

Posing with a soldier on the outskirts of the city. I don't know man.

Not to mention his videos have comments with thousands of likes but no replies. It's all very suspicious.

Nov 21, 2019
From what I hear Pyongyang is definitely not a good representation for NK's actual living standard. If you go to the city's outskirts or other regions their true colors will probably show.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I truly wonder what a re-integration of a "free" North Korea into the rest of the world would look like. It's just crazy to me that we have a society as isolated as this in 2020.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I remember these from waaay back.

now this thread reminds me to search for some 4k 60fps ones.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

entirety of NK suffers so pyongyang can be somewhat maintained and "modern". it's where virtually all resources go

everywhere else in the country is in the stone age

Oct 27, 2017
I truly wonder what a re-integration of a "free" North Korea into the rest of the world would look like. It's just crazy to me that we have a society as isolated as this in 2020.

The only real way this could happen that I see is that it's integrated into South Korea again. But that would require the whole military regime to be gone first. Either way, if NK is ever going to be free it's not going down without a lot of dead bodies.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That sounds so beautifully creepy, so dystopian. On a side note the music makes me think of the opening theme for Monster.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
You can't post a video from NK without authorization and if they don't like what you film they can arrest you or just not let you in next time so I wouldn't trust videos from such creators.

And to be honest, I just... I don't know how to feel about people just making 'fun videos' that really are promoting the country. Yes, yes, citizens may be great people, but the government? It's always an issue for me. I would love to travel to China, but I don't want to support the government. Same thing with Russia.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
So I didn't know people in North Korea wake up to this haunting music every day:

youtu.be

Morning in Pyongyang, North Korea. Very eerie.

http://www.videobash.com some of the flims are allow to shoot in NK but they must show the good side of the country
28 Days Later (and I'm still hungry)

Fuck NK and fuck the way they treat the populace. They even finished that massive hotel/Alien bidet yet???

E: and that shit at 6am on my days off would make me one murderous bastard.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
can't imagine China or South Korea want the millions of migrants (i guess that's not the correct term if NK & SK were united) that would arrive if this was to happen. i feel like this is a big part of why NK is left alone.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Indeed! The citizens are happy, are able to enjoy soothing music and good food, and are able to work and frolic to their hearts content because of support and security of their supreme leader. It really is amazing.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
This music could be used to torture someone damn yet I cant stop listening to it.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Thinking about North Korea always makes me sad...

Whole bunch of people living there assume this is how life is and it's the best its gonna get.

North Korea has surely got to be one of the worlds biggest combined failings. We dont even pretend to care.

OP
OP
TheDanger

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Whole bunch of people living there assume this is how life is and it's the best its gonna get.

North Korea has surely got to be one of the worlds biggest combined failings. We dont even pretend to care.

I don't think it's really possible to liberate them without creating even more pain, death and suffering with wars that would happen because of it.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have sound on, but the video in the OP looks like someone rings a bell and all of a sudden citizens just pour out from nowhere. It's Truman Show-level stuff.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I don't think it's really possible to liberate them without creating even more pain, death and suffering with wars that would happen because of it.

I know, and it's definitely not an easy fix.

I do believe it's a situation that got worse over time and could have been prevented when it was all coming to fruition.

But how do you help a country that doesn't want and refuses to be helped? A country that barely even lets anyone in or out

The only way to help would be to overthrow the current leader and government, and start completely fresh.

Well past the point of that though...The country has the power (or so we believe) to say "no, leave us alone" and we all have to submit cause they could end us all.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I can think of a few others, but okay.

So... how do you turn North Korea into a success? Go to war with them (and their allies)? Assassinate thier ultimate leader? Send them thousands of McDonald's cheeseburgers so they know what they are missing?

NK is a political and geographic disaster. Outside of planting hundreds to start a coup, and topple the government from the inside, you would create a conflict that would directly impact South Korea.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I can think of a few others, but okay.

So... how do you turn North Korea into a success? Go to war with them (and their allies)? Assassinate thier ultimate leader? Send them thousands of McDonald's cheeseburgers so they know what they are missing?

NK is a political and geographic disaster. Outside of planting hundreds to start a coup, and topple the government from the inside, you would create a conflict that would directly impact South Korea.

Great that you can think of a few others. I suppose they might make up "one of the greatest combined failings"

You go back to 1940-50s and do something about it then.

The US wont let the Middle East breathe without launching military presence on the region.

I guess North Korea didnt matter at the time to care about 🤷‍♂️

Edit: and guess whose North Koreas biggest "friend" today.... the USA... I guess you really do make your own problems.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Man... that traffic lady.

Imagine waking up every day.
Dressing up into your uniform.
And then you direct non-existent traffic. The whole day.
You remember that time you saw a car. It was years ago now.
Then, you finish your duty, go home and wonder what is the purpose of your existence.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
On a side note, when my parents were in China 18 years ago to adopt my little sister, all the Americans stayed at the same hotel. Every morning at 6am sharp, a huge column of 500+ Chinese soldiers marched in front of the hotel singing Santa Clause is Coming to Town for some unknown reason. My dad said there was a military base nearby, but it was obviously intentional and nothing more than a display of power. Of course that was undercut my singing a xmas song in the middle of Chinese summer, lol.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
can't imagine China or South Korea want the millions of migrants (i guess that's not the correct term if NK & SK were united) that would arrive if this was to happen. i feel like this is a big part of why NK is left alone.

Idk, my guess would be no one especially wants to go to war with a bugfuck crazy regime that's been preparing for a total war for decades, because even though it would be eventually defeated, millions would die.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great that you can think of a few others. I suppose they might make up "one of the greatest combined failings"

You go back to 1940-50s and do something about it then.

The US wont let the Middle East breathe without launching military presence on the region.

I guess North Korea didnt matter at the time to care about 🤷‍♂️

Edit: and guess whose North Koreas biggest "friend" today.... the USA... I guess you really do make your own problems.
... your post is nonsensical.

And yes, between just the middle east and south america, I can think of a few other issues that the US needs to deal with, and that's not including the issues that we have within the US borders.

Getting involved with North Korea would be disastrous. Like, millions dead disastrous. The US trying to liberate NK would be world war 3. It would involve South Korea, China, Russia, Britain... god it would be horrible.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

It's so weird that a country like this even exists. It sounds scary.

Oct 28, 2017
I like this guys videos for seeing parts of countries that you don't usually get to see. Sure, all his footage could be authorised but gives you a peek at stuff.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man... that traffic lady.

Imagine waking up every day.
Dressing up into your uniform.
And then you direct non-existent traffic. The whole day.
You remember that time you saw a car. It was years ago now.
Then, you finish your duty, go home and wonder what is the purpose of your existence.
The street food video shows several cars. It's certainly not heavy traffic by any means but it's not like cars are unicorns there either.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I think I'd just be pissed off at playing loud music early in the morning regardless of the propaganda aspect. Not everyone works 9-5 shifts lmao.