• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
On Friday, the day after Trump's attack, Scarborough said, "The guy that's in the White House now is not the guy we knew two years ago." Brzezinski agreed: "Not even close."

That's a lie.

People who have followed Trump's career for years have remarked about his megalomania, vanity, need for flattery, hunger for adulation, nasty temper, thirst for revenge, instinct for humiliating his critics, sexist attitudes and abuse of women, racism, insistence on total fidelity, willingness to toss overboard anyone who fails his test of loyalty, and ignorance of history and current events. Scarborough and Brzezinski, who've known Trump for over a decade, had to be willfully oblivious to avoid seeing the true Trump.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-and-mika-owe-america-an-apology_b_5957408be4b0c85b96c6622a

Every time I watch this show I can't help think to myself "but you helped put Trump In office you fucking hypocrite!".

All the bigwig Dems and "Never-Trumpers" who appear on his show that fail to call him(and Mika to some extent) out his hypocrisy piss me off even more. I wouldn't have so much of an issue with their turn if they didn't try to rewrite history so much, trying to make it seem like their actively helping put him in office never happened.

What can I say, there's not much to watch at 6am. lol

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i don't remember them being particularly pro-trump or even trump agnostic beyond giving him "free campaigning" vis a vis attention but all media is guilty of that

but ...it's been years since i had msnbc as i cut the cord in 2010. i just watch morning joe via Mediaite clips but seems like all they've done is rage over trump the past 4 years

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Why are you watching Joe Scarborough in the morning then? You could just put Netflix on at 6am. lol

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
i don't remember them being particularly pro-trump or even trump agnostic beyond giving him "free campaigning" vis a vis attention but all media is guilty of that

but ...it's been years since i had msnbc as i cut the cord in 2010. i just watch morning joe via Mediaite clips but seems like all they've done is rage over trump the past 4 years
Not so much on the show, but if you read the article he worked behind the scenes to help Trump, even helping him transition into the WH.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I vaguely recall that when the two were talking about Trump "not being the same" they meant his mental faculties, implying he might have dementia or something like that.

Scarborough is still kind of an idiot but at least he had the balls to leave the Republican party.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i dunno if I could put up with scarborough for more than three minutes

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fuck right off with that. Everyone with half a brain could see Trump for what he is during the 2016 election.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Joe goes harder after Trump than even most progressive commentators though (except Cenk who goes the hardest).

he even yells! heh. i'm not American myself but its great to see some people at least seem they are genuinely furious at Trump, most seem to play too coy and are afraid to hurt Trump's base or something... it's so frustrating to watch so many commentators STILL treat Trump softly.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Joe goes harder after Trump than even most progressive commentators though (except Cenk who goes the hardest).

he even yells! heh. i'm not American myself but its great to see some people at least seem they are genuinely furious at Trump, most seem to play too coy and are afraid to hurt Trump's base or something... it's so frustrating to watch so many commentators STILL treat Trump softly.
As I said, I have no problem with this, if at least he was honest about it. He's going after Trump's racist remarks yesterday, but he knew Trump personally for well over a decade and apparently that didn't bother him then.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joe the republican hates Trump but he's very difficult to watch, probably because of how much Trump used him during his 2016 run

And him saying "trump changed", give me a fucking break

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Morning Joe is like a comedy show more than anything. Joe going on his rants and Mika just sitting there staring at the screen with that ever-concerned look on her face always amuses me.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just don't watch... Joe has literally zero influence over anyone. Who even watches his show? He's a RINO to most every Republican at this point and he's definitely no Democrat or progressive.

He speaks to privileged Washington
'moderate' insiders like himself. People who want to seem above it all but haven't one iota of experience of how it really is out here in the real world. Wolves in sheep's clothing that aren't far removed from Trump's policies without all the craziness involved.

Trump says the quiet part out loud and that's what pisses a lot of these never trumpers off.

Once he's gone they figure it's back to business as usual not realising they were just as bad in other ways.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
As I said, I have no problem with this, if at least he was honest about it. He's going after Trump's racist remarks yesterday, but he knew Trump personally for well over a decade and apparently that didn't bother him then.
The thing is, even with all of trumps issues before being president. Alot of these people did like Trump.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I find Mika far more annoying than joe. She almost never adds anything relevant to the discussion.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Morning Joe is a good example of the failure of media during 2016; you had two journalists treating their presidential candidate friend kindly, joking with him, kid glove interviews etc...until he gets pissed at them and talks shit and now they hate him.

Think about that; their main riff with him as supposed journalists isn't him destroying the Republic, but using his platform to talk shit about them. All those times he popped in after some heinous, racist shit when they were friendly tho? "All good".

I don't mind them in the fight now, but it's my issue with a bunch of people on the left too; kinda wonky it took someone to affect your way of life to realize shit is fucked up, while you spent the stable years of the US 'not really into politics'. But yes, school me on M4A like its a new concept, Macha Latte Malcolm X, lol.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
They're insufferable but keep Trump's blood pressure elevated, so meh? I only catch MSM clips via YT, so whenever they pop up I inevitably end up skipping to the next vid.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
All television news is sensationalist trash designed to increase your anxiety except for C-Span. Your mental health will improve in direct relation with the less TV news you watch

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-and-mika-owe-america-an-apology_b_5957408be4b0c85b96c6622a

Every time I watch this show I can't help think to myself "but you helped put Trump In office you fucking hypocrite!".

All the bigwig Dems and "Never-Trumpers" who appear on his show that fail to call him(and Mika to some extent) out his hypocrisy piss me off even more. I wouldn't have so much of an issue with their turn if they didn't try to rewrite history so much, trying to make it seem like their actively helping put him in office never happened.

I feel this way about SNL. Letting Trump host while he was running for President? Insanity!

And then they had Dan Crenshaw on lol

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Everyone in the media in some way takes some blame. NBC in part takes the most for the Apprentice and getting things started, WWE for having Trump involved in a feud with Vince, just about every late night show from Leno to Letterman to Fallon, and ANY show willing to have him on.

I know Letterman "exposed" his shirts an ties not being made in the United States but still... he was on Letterman's show. Also Joe Scarborough was part of the class of 1994 along with Newt Gingrich and John Kasich among others. Even if he is not a Trump guy, he is still a conservative.