• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's just so audacious when you think about it. Religion has always been a scam. This is just out and out blatant though. Guess there's some elders living in mansions with private jets and an endless supply of coke and hookers.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Reminds me of this little diddy several years back:

A new analysis from Georgetown University that attempts to document the economic value of religion in U.S. society found that the faith sector is worth $1.2 trillion, more than the combined revenue of the top 10 technology companies in the country, including Apple, Amazon, and Google.

Seems like some money hoarders needs to be chased from the temple.

Get them whips out

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm shocked that a cult made up by a con artist almost 200 years ago has continued to con its members out of their money.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
this guy is going all in. I hope he wins the reward money...

"In a declaration signed under penalty of perjury, Nielsen urges the IRS to strip the nonprofit of its tax-exempt status and alleges that Ensign could owe billions in taxes. He is seeking a reward from the IRS, which offers whistleblowers a cut of unpaid taxes that it recovers."

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All churches are tax free schemes. All of them. Fucking mega churches, crystal cathedrals and private church jets. Get the fuck outa here with that.

I mean, the median church (in America) has about 75-80 people. It probably gets enough in offerings to pay for a pastor, maybe an assistant, maintenance and upkeep on their building, then the surplus into charity efforts. As gross and disgusting as modern American mega church culture is, they're not all that representative of the average church.

Anyway, as per the topic at hand - that's horrendous. I don't even understand their defence theologically. Jesus returns and you need money?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember the mormon church funded Prop 8 in cali, but black people got all the blame for "reasons"

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you show Fox News's version of this story?
No, but I doubt it would change anything. They're more delusionally dedicated to the church than they are to republicans, which is saying something since my Mom just told me yesterday there was nothing I could say to change her mind about her conservative beliefs.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
No, but I doubt it would change anything. They're more delusionally dedicated to the church than they are to republicans, which is saying something since my Mom just told me yesterday there was nothing I could say to change her mind about her conservative beliefs.

One of my exes was Mormon and her family still is. It was a trip going over their home. I felt like I was walking on eggshells the entire time. Thankfully she got out a while ago. Sorry to hear about your parents.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the mormon church funded Prop 8 in cali, but black people got all the blame for "reasons"
i still remember getting a call from them... wish i called them out on their shit, but instead i just gave them a sarcastic response assuring them i would be voting on it while leaving out whether i was for or against it. For all the good that did :\

One of the things even as a kid i thought was weird, was they were really adamant you were suppose to give 10% of your entire pay check, even before taxes. And if you didn't well... that was better then nothing, but god knows what your cheap ass did so dont expect to get your full blessings or w/e.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of my exes was Mormon and her family still is. It was a trip going over their home. I felt like I was walking on eggshells the entire time. Thankfully she got out a while ago. Sorry to hear about your parents.
I left the church as soon as my Mom couldn't force me to go anymore (about 10 years ago) and I'm still dealing with the social anxiety living in that environment gave me. I still love them, but I have a feeling if I cut my family out of my life I'd actually have a much healthier state of mind (something I don't admit lightly).

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the church owning a mall.

They do, it's in the heart of salt lake, it's called City Creek. This never happened to anyone I was with, but I heard stories from others that if women were dressed in a way showing too much skin, they would get asked to leave by mall security.

What's truly vile in this story is they make a profit of $1 billion! A BILLION! And they STILL ask their struggling, indebted poor members who can barely make ends meet to fork over 10% or they cannot go to the temple. My gf at the time was buried in debt, and she would always pay her $300 tithing when she could have paid her debt instead. She kept picking up more and more debt.. still in debt.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I left the church as soon as my Mom couldn't force me to go anymore (about 10 years ago) and I'm still dealing with the social anxiety living in that environment gave me. I still love them, but I have a feeling if I cut my family out of my life I'd actually have a much healthier state of mind (something I don't admit lightly).

Yeah she struggled with that too. The exmormon subreddit was a big resource for her. Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be hard.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Dunno why the fuck you would give money to explicit cons like the Mormon church. Even aside from the clearly false origins, when they go and build giant business developments why the fuck would you give them money??

Least surprising shit ever

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
NY
I took a tour of Temple Square in Salt Lake City and I was talking with the tour guide who was a Mormon. I googled the trucking company he owned and it was worth over $50 million dollars and he was only a tour guide...that's when I truly realized the Mormon religion was a scam.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Can't wait to hear my friends and family, rube Utahns, who support the fantastically immoral con Donald Trump and Greaseball on two legs Mr. Bain Capital Mitt Romney, how this is just the devil trying to deceive us.

Literally what they say when confronted about things, after they complain about immigrants stealing from us and an inept federal government wasting their money, they do and pump it in to this "church"

Good hell it angers me.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
The ""religion"" that was started by a conman(who also committed many other crimes) swindled people out of their money?

Oh my god no way...

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
2lFFhB.gif