• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Makes sense, P4G also greatly expanded the amount of stuff you could do at night.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're going to make it so that you can do more activities at night.

That said, the irony about people disliking morgana is that the only reason it became annoying compared to P4 (which also didn't let you do much at night until Golden) was because they put the ability to save in your room. (as opposed to the save points in P4) They had to drop you back in your room after doing something just so you could either save or go to bed. This means you had a bunch of options you could "try" but Morgana would tell you no. In P4, once you did an activity for the afternoon, it would just send you to the next day immediately. Ultimately exactly the same number of "activities" you could do, but just made annoying because they gave you that extra moment to save your game.

They also wanted to make it so that getting an additional activity at night was something you could *unlock* which made the beginning feel even more restrictive, even though, again, it was like the original P4.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
More things to do in the game, more free time needed in the game to do it.

In vanilla even with Morgana telling you to sleep there was plenty of time to get things done imo.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking god. There were so many times throughout that game that I called bullshit on this. Thank you for fixing this.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I never really had a problem with it because I understood why I couldn't do things after big story beats or going to a dungeon. But good for the people who felt super strongly about it for some reason.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
ujxsak8qafu21.jpg

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
My biggest problem was that time moves way too fast and that one activity meant half your day was gone and you were pushed to the next day, Fire Emblem TH also has a calender but you can move forward when you're ready, after spending the things you want to do. It felt like two hands pushing you in the back through the game.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
My biggest problem was that time moves way too fast and that one activity meant half your day was gone and you were pushed to the next day, Fire Emblem TH also has a calender but you can move forward when you're ready, after spending the things you want to do. It felt like two hands pushing you in the back through the game.
To be fair, Three houses has no sense of time.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that means they're doing away with becoming tired from palaces/mementos entirely (which would obviously mean a major rework of Kawakami's confidant, since the massage wouldn't be needed). Or if this is just about the parts of the game with a bunch of major story events in a row.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hah this is actually something that might drive me to buy this. Was really holding out for either a PC or Switch port but now... this changes things

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
To be fair, Three houses has no sense of time.

Time within the school is beyond time and space but you move forward in weeks, after group training and the weekend. There's also the narrator that tells a story every new month, right? You know how many months have passed.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
This helps, but if I ever play this game I'll level up Kawakami asap so I can go out at night after mementos.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
P5R gonna be like 300 hours long, wont it.

The game Sounds so good so far

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Time within the school is beyond time and space but you move forward in weeks, after group training and the weekend. There's also the narrator that tells a story every new month, right? You know how many months have passed.
Ah, I meant within the day. You can have 5 different support interaction with 5 different people in 5 different locations and still have time to have 8 dinners with 16 people before the day ends. I prefer P5's way of doing time management

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
This is a strange thing to say considering the Morgana "go to bed" screen was after nighttime activities had already happened. It's literally just a screen that lets you save/retrieve your DLC/redecorate your room rather than a time period of its own. There's no equivalent to this screen in P4/P4G; that game would just auto-advance the day instead.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the meme ends now. First "Don't forget me" now this.

Unlike XC2 this is actually welcome news.