• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I mean that's just PR talk. That doesn't mean every single game sees increases in sales. All anyone can really do is guess since they don't give sold numbers. Best idea you can get is from regional sales charts.

Well Forza Horizon 4 is the best selling Forza game to date at retail. And Matt has also said he is suprised how XGP is driving sales as well

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well Forza Horizon 4 is the best selling Forza game to date at retail. And Matt has also said he is suprised how XGP is driving sales as well
Again what does that mean in numbers? It could've sold five more copies than FH3 and they can say that. Nothing against Microsoft but I'm just saying this is what PR teams do all over the place. And was it best selling Forza to date or Best launch numbers? We know the game sold under 400K in the UK for the year at retail. That's probably their second biggest market behind the US although Brazil and Mexico are good for them too. The rest of Europe they are pretty much dead. I think I'm probably not far off on my guess of 4 million or less of actual sales numbers.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Mercenary in this thread so far :

1. Says a large chunk of this number is from Game Pass
  2. Wonders what the actual sales are
  3. Says the game is not GOTY material
  4. Says PG are not at the level of Naughty Dogs
  5. Says GP driving sales is just MS PR, even if an analyst suggested otherwise
Though to be fair he did congratulate the team, but come on man...

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mercenary in this thread so far :

1. Says a large chunk of this number is from Game Pass
  2. Wonders what the actual sales are
  3. Says the game is not GOTY material
  4. Says PG are not as good as Naughty Dogs
  5. Says GP driving sales is just MS PR, even if an analyst suggested otherwise
Come on man...
Said
  1. Congrats to the team on the numbers
  2. Said any way you look at it they got 7 million people to play their game which is great
  3. Said the game probably sold 4 million or so actual copies
  4. Said I don't feel they have done as much to change the industry or push games forward as Naughty Dog has which isn't a crazy thing to say at all.
  5. Said I'm skeptical of PR statements like that because I know this industry very well and how PR works not just Microsoft PR. Some people know better than to just take everything at face value when it comes to PR.
Come on man quit trying to make it out like all someone is trying to do is hate on the game.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Said
  2. Said any way you look at it they got 7 million people to play their game which is great
  4. Said I don't feel they have done as much to change the industry or push games forward as Naughty Dog has which isn't a crazy thing to say at all.
Come on man quit trying to make it out like all someone is trying to do is hate on the game.

You always seem to have something « negative » in almost all of your posts here, in what is a pretty positive thread. But you're right, you did say some positive things here and there.

So Mat is PR spokeman now ?

You clearly don't know me nor see all of my posts if you think that. You may see some and let that taint your opinion of me but I speak positive about a lot of things. Just b/c I bring up some other points that some people don't want to hear doesn't mean I'm just being negative. Especially since I like the game and like I said here I'm happy that 7 million people actually tried what's the best racing franchise out there right now.

Sorry, only meant in this thread. I just know you from here and the Awards thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a fantastic game and I'm glad it's been exposed to this many people through gamepass. I'm also glad it's there too. It would've been a day one purchase for me, but instead I spent the $60 on it and also got to try out State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves and I'll be able to play crackdown 3 day one.

They are an amazing studio and I hope the fable rumors are true. Would love to see what they do with it.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You always seem to have something « negative » in almost all of your posts here, in what is a pretty positive thread. But you're right, you did say some positive things here and there.
You clearly don't know me nor see all of my posts if you think that. You may see some and let that taint your opinion of me but I speak positive about a lot of things. Just b/c I bring up some other points that some people don't want to hear doesn't mean I'm just being negative. Especially since I like the game and like I said here I'm happy that 7 million people actually tried what's the best racing franchise out there right now.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It's insane how big Horizon turned into. I think it's bigger than the mainline series.
Deserved, talented developer.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Again what does that mean in numbers? It could've sold five more copies than FH3 and they can say that. Nothing against Microsoft but I'm just saying this is what PR teams do all over the place. And was it best selling Forza to date or Best launch numbers? We know the game sold under 400K in the UK for the year at retail. That's probably their second biggest market behind the US although Brazil and Mexico are good for them too. The rest of Europe they are pretty much dead. I think I'm probably not far off on my guess of 4 million or less of actual sales numbers.

All we get is the amount of users who have played or are playing, which is the highest in the series history.

Your contribution to this thread so far has been to downplay and somewhat bizarrely defend ND lol.

Despite your above comment your posts are nothing more then trolling

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Said
  5. Said I'm skeptical of PR statements like that because I know this industry very well and how PR works not just Microsoft PR. Some people know better than to just take everything at face value when it comes to PR.

Yep, you said these things. All wrapped in statements seemingly designed to downplay the game and the studio.

'Hate' is a strong word. But yes, your posts here come across like there's an agenda.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All we get is the amount of users who have played or are playing, which is the highest in the series history.

Your contribution to this thread so far has been to downplay and somewhat bizarrely defend ND lol.

Despite your above comment your posts are nothing more then trolling
OK dude. Just because some people like you have a problem whenever anyone says anything about actual sales numbers doesn't mean I'm here to troll. I said no matter what anyone says that the fact that they got 7 million people to at least try their game in a few months is great. I happen to like the game and even voted for it in my top 10 for the year. I have no agenda other than I genuinely wonder how many were actual sales numbers which last time I checked wasn't a crime. Also yeah I saw you laugh at someone else's comment regarding something they said about Naughty Dog and I felt like it was kind of silly to laugh at it. So what? I'm trolling because I feel like Naughty Dog has done a bit more for the industry than Playground has and I thought their comment made sense? I just don't know what to say about some of you people here.

Last edited:

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
OK dude. Just because some people like you have a problem whenever anyone says anything about actual sales numbers doesn't mean I'm here to troll. I said no matter what anyone says that the fact that they got 7 million people to at least try their game in a few months is great. I happen to like the game and even voted for it in my top 10 for the year. I have no agenda other than I genuinely wonder how many were actual sales numbers which last time I checked wasn't a crime.

We know this instalment is the best selling in the series and broke records for the franchise.

Here is your sales info.

Matt , Benji, Phil Spencer have all said that XGP is driving sales and leading to an increase.

Your response was that's it's just PR lol.

There is plenty of info you just to refuse to listen to any of it and are more interested in your own agenda

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
For all those concerned that 6.5 million of those players used $1 Game Pass trials, don't you worry. Xbox Game Pass is in its initial growth phase. If Forza Horizon 4 got 7 million people to use $1 Game Pass trials, it was a success. Bottom line is Forza Horizon helped Game Pass gain mindshare. Game Pass helped Forza Horizon gain mindshare. Doesn't matter how you split those numbers. Those are great numbers.

Since I have 3 years of Game Pass, I didn't buy FH4. Since it was good, I did buy the season pass. Well worth it.

Still not as good as PGR though....

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For all those concerned that 6.5 million of those players used $1 Game Pass trials, don't you worry. Xbox Game Pass is in its initial growth phase. If Forza Horizon 4 got 7 million people to use $1 Game Pass trials, it was a success. Bottom line is Forza Horizon helped Game Pass gain mindshare. Game Pass helped Forza Horizon gain mindshare. Doesn't matter how you split those numbers. Those are great numbers.

Since I have 3 years of Game Pass, I didn't buy FH4. Since it was good, I did buy the season pass. Well worth it.

Still not as good as PGR though....
Exactly. Either way 7 million people played the game which is great. I too bought the season pass for it and am looking forward to the second expansion.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We know this instalment is the best selling in the series and broke records for the franchise.

Here is your sales info.

Matt , Benji, Phil Spencer have all said that XGP is driving sales and leading to an increase.

Your response was that's it's just PR lol.

There is plenty of info you just to refuse to listen to any of it and are more interested in your own agenda
Just like how Sea of Thieves broke their record for fastest selling new IP of this generation when they haven't really brought out any new IPs that have sold well? That's to just give you an example of a PR statement that really doesn't mean much when you look into things as selling faster than games like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break wasn't saying much considering how little each of those sold at release.

Yes FH4 sold well. I said it wouldn't surprise me if it sold 4 million across Xbox One and PC by now. And again at the end of the day 7 million total have played so good for them it deserves it. But I'll say again their statement about Game Pass driving sales can be talking about anything and doesn't really provide the full picture. That's all I'm saying. Why you feel the need to argue with that I have no idea.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK dude. Just because some people like you have a problem whenever anyone says anything about actual sales numbers doesn't mean I'm here to troll. I said no matter what anyone says that the fact that they got 7 million people to at least try their game in a few months is great. I happen to like the game and even voted for it in my top 10 for the year. I have no agenda other than I genuinely wonder how many were actual sales numbers which last time I checked wasn't a crime. Also yeah I saw you laugh at someone else's comment regarding something they said about Naughty Dog and I felt like it was kind of silly to laugh at it. So what? I'm trolling because I feel like Naughty Dog has done a bit more for the industry than Playground has and I thought their comment made sense? I just don't know what to say about some of you people here.
Mercenary, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't intentionally trying to troll. just keep in mind that unfortunately Positive Xbox threads on ERA are like a bat-signal to some Sony fanboys to come in and shit up the thread and derail it. The next part isn't fair at all, but subconsciously to some may play a factor, the fact that you are sporting a God of War avatar doesn't help this as (stereotyping here) a good chunk of those who do are often sporting Sony or Sony game-related avatars. Also in threads where it is in regards to MS releasing Player counts, they always doggedly ask for the sales numbers when it's well-known this generation of gaming that MS doesn't release that information anymore. Yet they still ask.......because they say they are just genuinely curious.

It's an unfair situation, I agree with that, but Then when your posts are:
I think it's safe to say that a large chunk of this is Game Pass owners but either way congrats to the team. I am curious how many copies it sold though. I've always bought the Forza games in the past but this was the first time I decided not to and just decided to play it through Game Pass.

You start with a comment that is made every single time that MS releases player counts for first party games over the last year

GT Sport isn't on a service like Game Pass so why did this even need to be brought up in here?
Proceed to post what seems like a defensive post when it was mentioned that FH4 had more player numbers than a Sony game

Exactly. I don't know where people come up with that only around 1 million people have Game Pass. With the value it has plus how much they've been pushing it with sales I'd say 2-3 million+ people probably have it by now. You can't trust Superdata lol.
I don't think anyone can call this anything but a benign post, just put it in so you don't accuse of cherry-picking your posts

Yeah I don't think some people are really looking at all areas of FH4 when they say it should be winning GOTY awards. It's not that much different than FH3 and in some areas it's actually worse. It's a great game but not really GOTY quality.
Benign on it's own but when combined with others, appears you are trying to continue to downplay the game (FWIW I think it's a valid opinion)
I don't see what is so funny about his post. It's opinion but I'll say that Naughty Dog has probably done more to push the industry and set new standards in videogames than Playground Games has. Yeah they've made some of the best racing games but I don't see how they've really changed much in the industry.
Again appearing that you are having to rush to defend a Sony product/company/studio
If I had to guess it would be 4 million or lower. I think a LOT of people played this on Game pass. I know damn well I'm not the only person who used to buy these games but opted to just get it on Game Pass this time and save my $60 for something else. Also when you're handing out Game pass to people for $1 you can bet a lot of people will jump on it. I know if I just got Game Pass FH4 would be one of the first things I played.

Again either way they got 7 million people to at least try their game once in a few months so that's great.
We have been hearing the argument from Sony fanboys/MS haters that Sea of Thieves numbers/State of Decay numbers/etc were all due to people using the $1 trials for Gamepass, this point has been beaten to death, esp when users are only able to use that trial period if they are new to the service

And even in your compliment at the very end of this post, it comes across with downplay as you say "to at least try their game once" again, the same thing always brought up in these threads
I mean that's just PR talk. That doesn't mean every single game sees increases in sales. All it takes is for them to see a couple games on Game Pass see a sales increase and then they can come out and say that. I learned a long time ago that you can't just blindly trust PR statements like that from companies. All anyone can really do is guess since they don't give sold numbers. Best idea you can get is from regional sales charts.
Mat Piscatella who posts here from NPD stated that ironically GamePass seems to increase sales numbers from what he's been able to see so far. That's info from NPD.....not "PR" fyi

I genuinely believe you aren't intentionally trying to troll. Just showing you why the poster you are going back and forth with thinks you are.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Just like how Sea of Thieves broke their record for fastest selling new IP of this generation when they haven't really brought out any new IPs that have sold well? That's to just give you an example of a PR statement that really doesn't mean much when you look into things as selling faster than games like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break wasn't saying much considering how little each of those sold at release.

Yes FH4 sold well. I said it wouldn't surprise me if it sold 4 million across Xbox One and PC by now. And again at the end of the day 7 million total have played so good for them it deserves it. But I'll say again their statement about Game Pass driving sales can be talking about anything and doesn't really provide the full picture. That's all I'm saying. Why you feel the need to argue with that I have no idea.

It provides the picture that there is a huge demand for a service that adds value andthat it doesn't take away from sales, more it adds to them.

And you keep ignoring comments from Piscatella and Benji who say the same thing.

Why you feel the need to downplay XGP is something I can't get my head around either.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I mean the whole people use $1 trials on XGP is just such a tired use of downplaying

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It provides the picture that there is a huge demand for a service that adds value andthat it doesn't take away from sales, more it adds to them.

And you keep ignoring comments from Piscatella and Benji who say the same thing.

Why you feel the need to downplay XGP is something I can't get my head around either.
Benji and Matt are actually people I listen to and I've seen those comments. I think I might have also misunderstood the Matt you were talking about earlier as Matt Booty.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder what numbers for the first expansion of expansion pass are? I assume that's a key figure as well since part of the GP strategy is to sell DLC.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mercenary, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't intentionally trying to troll. just keep in mind that unfortunately Positive Xbox threads on ERA are like a bat-signal to some Sony fanboys to come in and shit up the thread and derail it. The next part isn't fair at all, but subconsciously to some may play a factor, the fact that you are sporting a God of War avatar doesn't help this as (stereotyping here) a good chunk of those who do are often sporting Sony or Sony game-related avatars. Also in threads where it is in regards to MS releasing Player counts, they always doggedly ask for the sales numbers when it's well-known this generation of gaming that MS doesn't release that information anymore. Yet they still ask.......because they say they are just genuinely curious.

It's an unfair situation, I agree with that, but Then when your posts are:

You start with a comment that is made every single time that MS releases player counts for first party games over the last year

Proceed to post what seems like a defensive post when it was mentioned that FH4 had more player numbers than a Sony game

I don't think anyone can call this anything but a benign post, just put it in so you don't accuse of cherry-picking your posts

Benign on it's own but when combined with others, appears you are trying to continue to downplay the game (FWIW I think it's a valid opinion)

Again appearing that you are having to rush to defend a Sony product/company/studio

We have been hearing the argument from Sony fanboys/MS haters that Sea of Thieves numbers/State of Decay numbers/etc were all due to people using the $1 trials for Gamepass, this point has been beaten to death, esp when users are only able to use that trial period if they are new to the service

And even in your compliment at the very end of this post, it comes across with downplay as you say "to at least try their game once" again, the same thing always brought up in these threads

Mat Piscatella who posts here from NPD stated that ironically GamePass seems to increase sales numbers from what he's been able to see so far. That's info from NPD.....not "PR" fyi

I genuinely believe you aren't intentionally trying to troll. Just showing you why the poster you are going back and forth with thinks you are.
watdaeff4 yeah some of that I can see that especially if you are one of those people who likes to stereotype people based on an avatar. I know I've never been one to do that given how silly that is when you actually think about it. Like man maybe I need to change my avatar so that people don't stereotype me. No one should have to do that.

I just speak to things I disagree with. I wasn't the only person who said something about someone bringing up Gran Turismo b/c quite frankly it didn't need to be said. One game is on one console the other is on two plus a subscription service. So yeah I felt the need to say something about that as someone who is a realist. I thought him laughing at someone talking about how Naughty Dog might be a better studio was silly too as that isn't really something that someone should laugh at. Some of my other placement of words probably didn't help either like you said. Really I know we don't get numbers anymore even though I wish we would so yeah I bring it up.

Matt and Benji I actually appreciate the insight they give so yeah coming from them I believe it even if I still wonder how big an effect it really is having. As to the effect that Game pass had on games like SoT and SoD2 yeah I do wonder b/c you saw huge player numbers for those games yet they dropped off of sales charts super fast. So why wouldn't someone think that most of those players aren't coming from Game Pass subscriptions when you don't see the games charting? What else is someone supposed to think? If I don't see them in NPD and I don't see them in the UK charts which are Xbox's two biggest markets then where exactly are these 3-4 million Sea of Thieves and State of Decay players coming from?

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what numbers for the first expansion of expansion pass are? I assume that's a key figure as well since part of the GP strategy is to sell DLC.
We will never know but it would be interesting to see what FH4 DLC does vs. FH3 DLC as that would be the best comparison I can think of to see how GP influences DLC sales

and Forza in 2 platform xbox one + pc
And the PS4 install base is much greater than the Xbox one install base.

watdaeff4 yeah some of that I can see that especially if you are one of those people who likes to stereotype people based on an avatar. I know I've never been one to do that given how silly that is when you actually think about it. Like man maybe I need to change my avatar so that people don't stereotype me. No one should have to do that.

I just speak to things I disagree with. I wasn't the only person who said something about someone bringing up Gran Turismo b/c quite frankly it didn't need to be said. One game is on one console the other is on two plus a subscription service. So yeah I felt the need to say something about that as someone who is a realist. I thought him laughing at someone talking about how Naughty Dog might be a better studio was silly too as that isn't really something that someone should laugh at. Some of my other placement of words probably didn't help either like you said. Really I know we don't get numbers anymore even though I wish we would so yeah I bring it up.

Matt and Benji I actually appreciate the insight they give so yeah coming from them I believe it even if I still wonder how big an effect it really is having. As to the effect that Game pass had on games like SoT and SoD2 yeah I do wonder b/c you saw huge player numbers for those games yet they dropped off of sales charts super fast. So why wouldn't someone think that most of those players aren't coming from Game Pass subscriptions when you don't see the games charting? What else is someone supposed to think? If I don't see them in NPD and I don't see them in the UK charts which are Xbox's two biggest markets then where exactly are these 3-4 million Sea of Thieves and State of Decay players coming from?
Just making observation. You seemed bother to being accused of trolling, again, I told you twice I didn't think you were, so I was trying to show you why that poster thought you were.

Take it or leave it at that.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game, had it at #2 on my GOTY list, but I agree on all the questions on how much of those 7 million are actual sales.
This is my favorite racing franchise and FH4 is the first game I saw no reason to buy since I got it "for free" through Gamepass.

But in the end it doesn't really matter. We know 7 million tried the game. Can't say the same about 7 million sales since lots of people have huge backlogs, including myself.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I mean that's just PR talk. That doesn't mean every single game sees increases in sales. All it takes is for them to see a couple games on Game Pass see a sales increase and then they can come out and say that. I learned a long time ago that you can't just blindly trust PR statements like that from companies. All anyone can really do is guess since they don't give sold numbers. Best idea you can get is from regional sales charts.

Do you think you could outline a ratio of Direct Sale vs Game Pass players that would reflect poorly on either (considering the 7-million-player news)? I ask because that would seem central to your question about increased sales from Game Pass. We have external confirmation from figures in the tracking industry that there's little question that the general pattern of Game Pass benefitting games is valid and substantiated. The engagement rate with FH4 has been the highest for the whole Forza series, as far as I know. Which means people are trying to play it any way that makes sense to them. It compares favorably to even literally free games. Even comparing it to racing titles on platforms with massively larger user-bases, I'm not aware of a faster up-take for a modern (any?) racing game this side of Mario Kart at a system-launch.

The game's pretty good, and people dig it. We're in a thread that 7+ Million players having played the game in a relatively short window. It doesn't feel like blindly taking PR at face value.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Congrats to Playground and Microsoft on the success of FH4, and apparently to Naughty Dog for some fucking reason...

Come on people, stop engaging when people with clear agendas start derailing threads. The only way these threads are going to get better is if you just report them.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Congrats to Playground and Microsoft on the success of FH4, and apparently to Naughty Dog for some fucking reason...

Come on people, stop engaging when people with clear agendas start derailing threads. The only way these threads are going to get better is if you just report them.
I had a "hello, I'm Troy McClure"-moment when I saw the avatar and remembered one of the goty threads where GoW didn't win and what happened there and this thread didn't disappoint at all.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Game Pass has been killer for this game. There's been so many folks playing it that otherwise had no interest in the series. Once people are telling their friends to play too you get more people picking up Game Pass or just buying the game outright to do so.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1) Progression felt the exact same as FH3, honestly if one of them is horrible than the other is horrible too
Perhaps, but at least Horizon 3 had a sense of actually achieving something. I mean, you still at least had to perform well in races and the open world challenges to unlock more.

Horizon 4 literally just requires you to compete in events and even finish last. If you keep doing that you still somehow progress. It's just incredibly unsatisfying.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Perhaps, but at least Horizon 3 had a sense of actually achieving something. I mean, you still at least had to perform well in races and the open world challenges to unlock more.

Horizon 4 literally just requires you to compete in events and even finish last. If you keep doing that you still somehow progress. It's just incredibly unsatisfying.
Well, thats fair enough. My satisfaction comes from coming 1st (regardless of prize money), and I immediately restart a race I didnt come first in, even though new events have been unlocked.
Though it makes sense why people would think your way. Fair.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, isn't FH4 available on two platforms as well?

One of those platforms has less than half of the PS4's userbase, and the other is the Windows Store (so probably a rounding error). It's not MS' games have an overall userbase advantage.

As to the effect that Game pass had on games like SoT and SoD2 yeah I do wonder b/c you saw huge player numbers for those games yet they dropped off of sales charts super fast. So why wouldn't someone think that most of those players aren't coming from Game Pass subscriptions when you don't see the games charting?

Ok, so here's the thing. Yea, both SoT and SoD didn't have great legs on the charts. That's not actually a very good argument against Gamepass having helped those games sell significantly though. In the case of something like Sea of Thieves being MS' best selling new IP of the generation, it's easy to point at their other new IP and remark that they sold poorly, but that only further substantiates that Gamepass has helped games like SoD2 and SoT have good/great chart debuts despite MS' current console userbase making it difficult for them to sell exclusives in as large quantities as their competition. That first month or two of boosted sales for SoT and SoD2 likely put those game ahead of the LTD for other games like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, that in isolation may have been viewed as safer bets (and received better critical reception). Not holding a top charting position isn't really a negative when contrasting with never seeing a top charting position at all.

And FH4 has managed both to not only debut stronger than all other Forza games in sales (including last-gen when pretty much everything in the ecosystem was healthier), but also doesn't appear to be holding its position any worse than previous entries so far either.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Well, thats fair enough. My satisfaction comes from coming 1st (regardless of prize money), and I immediately restart a race I didnt come first in, even though new events have been unlocked.
Though it makes sense why people would think your way. Fair.

The main issue for me is the way getting credits work. There's hardly any monetary award for playing on hard difficulties or with assists off. I mean the difference in prize money between coming first and last is barely anything really. Skill really isn't rewarded in the game at all in the base game, which is why I like the Seasonal weeklies (outside of the PvP ones) because at least there's an actual reward for coming first on expert AI.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Their growth has been amazing to see. I'm not sure if Playground has any other game releases planned for this gen, but Naughty Dog will have released the same amount of incredible games in one gen, and also a new IP in the works for next-gen. ND is one of the most efficient studios around. Obviously both make completely different kinds of games but I think these ND games are a bit more diverse overall than what Playground has made so far, that is up until the next-gen Fable they're working on comes out.

Hey, isn't FH4 available on two platforms as well?
OH wow! Not surprised coming from you

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Solid game, all the vip, car pass, collectable map shit is kinda annoying though. But pretty much every game in that genre has pulled this shit so par for the course.

I really appreciate how pick up and play it is, I tend to play it in short bursts between new stuff.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
All it needs is a good damage model and better collision physics and it'd be perfect. I don't know if they improved it in 4, but 1-3 is just so unsatisfying.

I know crashes and damage isn't part of the series, but it really needs to be.

Plus sound design, it's been mediocre from the games inception and hasn't improved at all. It would help with the sense of speed as well. The interior view in particular sounds way too stable at high speed, same with the engines. There should be all sorts of rattling and whatnot when you're driving at 200mph+.