• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I forgot just how good Ridge Racer 6 is. I mean, I was super excited to see it added, but just played the first race and... man! The presentation, the soundtrack, and of course the gameplay... this game is incredible. We don't even get games like this anymore. Thank you, Microsoft!

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot just how good Ridge Racer 6 is. I mean, I was super excited to see it added, but just played the first race and... man! The presentation, the soundtrack, and of course the gameplay... this game is incredible. We don't even get games like this anymore. Thank you, Microsoft!
this just makes me even angrier. why the hell is the game not available in europe microsoft?

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Extremely irritating they couldn't get 50 cent digital now i gotta scour the city to find it

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
There is a good post on this by PJTierney in the other thread explaining all the potential licensing hurdles.
Short version: Anything involving motorsport, real cars or real locations is hard.

Long version: Watch the credits of the racing game you're referring to. See how long the list of brands and partners is. Imagine that every single one of those needs to have licensing agreements renewed and royalty/purchase fees sorting out,

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm fairly sure they have no interest in putting in the work for games they can't sell anymore.
Which is a bit of a shame, but hey, they're a business.

Not everyone of these games are available digitally and the same has happened before, so they are adding games, they can't sell. It's such a nice gesture!

Aug 1, 2018
Mother of god, Otogi 1 and 2 look beautiful. I put about an hour into each one just to see what they looked like and now I'm gonna spend the rest of the week playing through them both!

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Not everyone of these games are available digitally and the same has happened before, so they are adding games, they can't sell. It's such a nice gesture!

I have a strong feeling that the games which aren't avilable digitally were originally planned to be, but some aspect of the licensing fell through late enough in the process for it to make sense to release anyway.
I find it difficult to be convinced otherwise.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly might get an XSX just so that I can play my old Xbox games again. Love MS's efforts in regards to backwards compatibility.

Willy

Oct 27, 2017
A real shame its the last batch of games but oh boy did they go out with a bang. Ridge Racer 6 was probably my most wanted BC game. Amazing!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Max Payne 3 from Xbox store. Really been waiting to play this (first time).

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I just sold Mortal Kombat 9 at a garage sale 2 weeks ago. Sigh.

Hopefully it's available digitally at a reasonable price.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
Ridge Racer 6 save file won't load.

There were a boat load of free DLC individual car unlocks and these aren't available to download. So the whole save file won't load.

Fucks sake MS, how could you not test this?

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Picked up Lego LOTR on eBay for that sweet FPS boost. Pretty sure that's never going digital again. For all the other new stuff available digitally now I'm just gonna wait for sales.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Short version: Anything involving motorsport, real cars or real locations is hard.

Long version: Watch the credits of the racing game you're referring to. See how long the list of brands and partners is. Imagine that every single one of those needs to have licensing agreements renewed and royalty/purchase fees sorting out,

To sell, right? But like many of these clone consoles (Polymega, Analogue), nothing (aside from manufacturer/publisher goodwill) is stopping them from making playable via emulation, right?

Interesting topic, would love your insight.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Ridge Racer 6 save file won't load.

There were a boat load of free DLC individual car unlocks and these aren't available to download. So the whole save file won't load.

Fucks sake MS, how could you not test this?

I remember all that DLC. Namco supported the game for a while after it was released with all those licensed cars. I grabbed them all at the time, even though I didn't use them all. I think they're all still on my 360 hard drive.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Looked at the page and it says I own Death by Cube, but it's not in my library. MS vs ATV Alive shows the same way, but is in my library. Annoying.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
Looked at the page and it says I own Death by Cube, but it's not in my library. MS vs ATV Alive shows the same way, but is in my library. Annoying.

Same. I own Death by Cube, have it installed on my 360 but it's wanting me to buy it on XSX.

In true MS fashion, this BC blow out has been a bit of a fail. Can't buy Otogi, RR6 is missing required DLC and games I own are not available to download for free.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Noticed Ridge Racer doesn't seem to be available digitally in the UK for some reason. That sucks, since it's available in the US.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Do Original Xbox Games On Demand bought on Xbox 360 not carry over to the new BC SKU's in the Xbox Store? I bought Max Payne 1 & 2 on Xbox 360 in like 2008 or something, and its not showing up in my install list. And the new SKU's in the Xbox Store shows buy only.

Same goes for Switchball.
I thought they should, but not really my area of expertise. Definitely double-check you're using the same account as the first step.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The first three Dead or Alive games look so good in 4K. Wish 4 had also gotten a resolution upgrade.

Xwhgagr.jpg

J03eD4w.jpg

rKkqxvR.jpg

Having all six games on one console is amazing.

8JsKcMX.jpg

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Man this sucks, can't buy anything for hours with these Xbox store errors on both the console and my phone. Keep getting the same sign in error. I'm trying to buy new BC games!

oldmess

Oct 18, 2018
sorry this has probably already been covered but can one x do any of the fps boosting?

Natively you can't, at least with the specific "FPS boost" branded titles. But you can through xCloud (if you're in the insider program). I just did that for the last couple of hours with my One X, connected thought ethernet (500/100 fiber). I tried Fallout 3, New Vegas and Gears of War 2 over the cloud.

I don't think I can put in words how impressive it feels when a game runs and looks better through the cloud compared to the native version. Of course that's happening because I'm a gen behind, but the One X is still a competent machine on its own. To see it being outmatched by a cloud-powered version is nothing short of incredible.

Fallout 3, in particular, felt surreal. 13 years ago, by this very month, I was in college playing this obsessively on my 360. To see the very same game (icon, 360 boot and UI) then load into this better-than-most remasters state gives me a very warm feeling inside. I non-jokingly think at this moment Fallout 3 xCloud looks and runs better than Fallout 4 natively on One X. What a time to be alive!