• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good list. But nothing I really care for.

Back to begging for Armored Core for Answer and Sonic Heroes.

EDIT: Oh, this is the last BC drop? Sad :(

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I can't wait to dust off some of these old game cases

Some things are better left forgotten…
Kidding, but you're right it does seem like an exception
I heard it kinda sucked, yeah, but it would have been nice to have the full set. Once I pick up the new additions I'll have owned every single Xbox Star Wars game from each gen except that.

(well, TECHNICALLY not Lego Star Wars 1 or the OG Xbox version of LSW2, but those are superfluous between TCS and the 360 version of LSW2, plus I have both OG games on GCN and TCS on Wii too)

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sorry this has probably already been covered but can one x do any of the fps boosting?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, just bought Gunvalkyrie.

This is incredible. I thought that game was 100% lost to time. The idea that I can buy it digitally and play it on my current console makes me unironically a little bit emotional

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I'm thrilled more games have been added to the list even though I don't own the majority of them. I am disappointed that there are still so many OG Xbox games and 360 games that will be lost to time if this is truly the final release.

Fingers crossed though that they show up June 2022 and have a list of another 50 games, with Freedom Fighters, Quantum Redshift, Metal Dungeon and MechAssault.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Popped in my Otogi 1 disc and the download started. I know what I'm doing this evening now!

Apparently BC updates are some forever now and they have added every game that isn't impacted by technical or legal hurdles, yet still no Sonic Heroes.

Why it has never been included is so bizarre to me, especially since Sega has been a huge BC supporter. Really odd.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Blood on the Sand, unsurprisingly, will be one of the few games to not be able be bought digitally. Not super surprised considering all the licensing involved.

Thankfully, it's the one game here I do own.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Wow... both Otogi games, MK9 and vDC, Binary Domain, and Timesplitters 2 and 3. Dreams can come true.

The only thing missing for me to be perfectly content is Singularity. Still, given this huge dump (and the potential for further GwG offerings), you'll not hear me complaining.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I probably have my timesplitters 2 disc somewhere.

My Max Payne discs have been waiting for this day for some time. So happy.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
BTW Skate 2 doesn't need FPS boost, as it has an internal lock to 30fps that you can disable on the settings.

It's locked 60 in these newer consoles :)

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's only available physically. I bought it from CEX for £6. Grab it before they jack up the prices!
I'd imagine that the digital version will roll out eventually, and given that the US version is $10 digitally I'm not sure CEX will be cheaper (but then you can resell the disc, soooo...)

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Is Skate 2 on the Series X store or do I have to hunt down a copy of the disc on ebay or something?

Also is it 60fps already, cause I don't see it on the boost list and that'd make me sad.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Is 50 Cent really disc only, or am I searching wrong?

I'll take what I can get, but my preference would be to get it digitally.

Great update, although plenty of my favourites are getting left behind.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Apparently BC updates are some forever now and they have added every game that isn't impacted by technical or legal hurdles, yet still no Sonic Heroes.

Why it has never been included is so bizarre to me, especially since Sega has been a huge BC supporter. Really odd.
I mean we didn't get Sega Soccer Slam either

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine that the digital version will roll out eventually, and given that the US version is $10 digitally I'm not sure CEX will be cheaper (but then you can resell the disc, soooo...)

If they put it out digitally I'll buy it digitally for sure.

And, yeah, will just flip the disc. I just always panic buy these BC discs when they announce the games because they always jump in value and some can never be bought digitally! Had to buy Arkham Origins on disc recently.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Is Skate 2 on the Series X store or do I have to hunt down a copy of the disc on ebay or something?

Also is it 60fps already, cause I don't see it on the boost list and that'd make me sad.
It is in the store with all the DLCs, and regarding the framerate:

BTW Skate 2 doesn't need FPS boost, as it has an internal lock to 30fps that you can disable on the settings.

It's locked 60 in these newer consoles :)

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they put it out digitally I'll buy it digitally for sure.

And, yeah, will just flip the disc. I just always panic buy these BC discs when they announce the games because they always jump in value and some can never be bought digitally! Had to buy Arkham Origins on disc recently.
Fair, I did raid CEX earlier (and a bunch of games are still waaaay below the digital prices. Like, I do expect I'll be buying TimeSplitters 2 & Future Perfect digitally eventually, but for now £8.40 for both on disc delivered is slightly less than the digital cost of one of them).

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
It is in the store with all the DLCs, and regarding the framerate:

giphy.gif

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is 50 Cent really disc only, or am I searching wrong?

I'll take what I can get, but my preference would be to get it digitally.

Great update, although plenty of my favourites are getting left behind.
Of course 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is highly likely disc only. LOL I'm sure that's a licensing nightmare and it's great that it was still capable of being made BC.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to play 50 cent you better try to buy a copy now. Prices are going to go through the roof.