• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
completely forgot about this, shame the time was so shit for us in the U.K.

maybe the next date will be a better time

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool stuff.

I didn't know who the artist was before today and me and my friends stopped playing Fortnite over a year ago.
But the video looks really good. Epic shows again why they're the frontrunner in this field.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
God damn that was absolutely insane. Haven't played since season 2 but damn I always enjoy watching the in game event videos. Epic puts on a helluva show every time.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Absolutely amazing. I'm always jealous of people who play and enjoy Fortnite when these things happen. Installing the game just to witness this live without being a regular can't be the same.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Wow, thats some psychedelic stuff, awesome job by the animators, modelers, shaders, etc....

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
So it was pre-recorded and produced? That kinda takes away the meaning of a "concert" doesn't it? Though I guess with all the auto-tuning BS going on these days it's not that far off anyway.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was awesome, I'm really impressed with what they've done visually.
Now I want full concerts like this.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Did it rain during the concert?

2petric%20image.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Logged on to get the free glider but wasn't planning on attending the actual concert because I dont care for Travis Scott but some of my friends were playing so I joined them and I definitely don't regret it.

shit was wild

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
The way this game does events is really is one of a kind. No other company is doing it. Epic are a step ahead in terms of bringing such cool stuff every now and then for its players.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, they'd have to tone down the live show massively to do a Rammstein show in Fortnite 😂 Still, probably the best live show I've ever seen. Rammstein are bonkers live.
They could do something fantastic with them though, imagine having emotes that give you the flamethrower mask or taking you through the deutschland video etc.

Never got to see them as their tickets always sell out instantly before I can get them 😭

I'm not much of a gig person but my dream gig would always have been Rammstein, Marylin Mason and Korn (who I have seen once).

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
"Concert". These were just tracks from CD. Although the visuals were bonkers.
Well I mean you might as well be watching a movie of a concert at this point. Just don't call it a concert.
Marshmello sold the concert feel by talking live to the audience. Without that it did feel more like an interactive music video. Regardless, what they did with the visuals was insane and something you need to experience in-game.

Oct 27, 2017
They could do something fantastic with them though, imagine having emotes that give you the flamethrower mask or taking you through the deutschland video etc.

Never got to see them as their tickets always sell out instantly before I can get them 😭

I'm not much of a gig person but my dream gig would always have been Rammstein, Marylin Mason and Korn (who I have seen once).

Rammstein, Iron Maiden or Judas Priest would be cool. Having Maiden's giant Eddie trampling around, or a giant Rob Halford doing donuts on his Harley all over the place with 'Leather Rebel', 'Hell Bent for Leather' or 'Metal Gods' blaring in the background 🤤

I was lucky and managed to snag a Rammstein ticket when they played here last summer (the show initially sold out in less than 20 minutes 😳). Never seen Korn or Manson, but I'd like to see them sometime. Especially if Manson just pretended he stopped releasing albums after Golden Age of the Grotesque and just played stuff from the debut and up to GAotG :p

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Who?

Jesus I feel old.
Not old enough to use Google though!

Need a Young Thug concert 👀
Been to one in his Slime Season 3 days and the public definitely carried him on that one lol
Wonder how he has improved on doing shows ever since.

Travis' shows on the other hand are as crazy as you see them on YouTube, goddamn. I went to two of them in my life (2017 and last year) and people were flying and breaking all kinds of bodyparts left and right. It's a whole ass work out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I won't comment on the music itself but it was impressive on a technical level for sure.

But I always can't help but think the work that went into this could've gone into a new Unreal Torunament or something else more tangible instead.

Last edited:

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
I won't comment on the music itself but it was impressive on a technical level for sure.

But I always can't help but think the work that went into this could've gone into a new Unreal Torunament or something else more tangible instead.

"I won't comment on the music itself..." = "With all due respect..." we get it, you don't like it.
Also, you think the same people that worked on this are the ones that would be working on Unreal Tournament or something else more "tangible"? It's not a zero-sum game...this existing didn't take away from anything

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Too old for this shit. Just give me the OG map so I can start playing again.

Oct 27, 2017
"I won't comment on the music itself..." = "With all due respect..." we get it, you don't like it.
Also, you think the same people that worked on this are the ones that would be working on Unreal Tournament or something else more "tangible"? It's not a zero-sum game...this existing didn't take away from anything

Yes, that's why I said I won't comment on it?

Also tell that to the Unreal Tournament or Paragon devs.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Yes, that's why I said I won't comment on it?

Also tell that to the Unreal Tournament or Paragon devs.

I don't think I need to tell them that, I'm sure they understand it. You're assuming the budget would have been allocated to something else entirely unrelated if not to this.

Look, I get it. I loved Paragon, played right from the first console alpha and right until the end on PC. It was my most played game before they shut it down. Once they released the assets, I knew it was gone. I wish they would have leveraged the cash from Fortnite or the playerbase by offering skins or v-bucks for playing so many matches in Paragon a week and vice versa, just something to keep the game alive.

But I won't let that blind my view on something completely unrelated, especially this far in.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I need to tell them that, I'm sure they understand it. You're assuming the budget would have been allocated to something else entirely unrelated if not to this.

Look, I get it. I loved Paragon, played right from the first console alpha and right until the end on PC. It was my most played game before they shut it down. Once they released the assets, I knew it was gone. I wish they would have leveraged the cash from Fortnite or the playerbase by offering skins or v-bucks for playing so many matches in Paragon a week and vice versa, just something to keep the game alive.

But I won't let that blind my view on something completely unrelated, especially this far in.

You really think the success and amount of work that goes into Fortnite has nothing to do with the fact that Epic didn't release anything else in the last years?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Incredible work and it's really been blowing people's minds outside of games as well. It's one of those big breakthrough events that mainstream audiences also get dazzled by.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
It's when a virtual concert of a person you've never even heard of breaks all records, that you realise you're old and irrelevant to both modern gaming and music (and probably all media).

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
You really think the success and amount of work that goes into Fortnite has nothing to do with the fact that Epic didn't release anything else in the last years?

This has been their focus for the past few years, yes. But they clearly have a new business model and have restructured in a big way, whether or not you are a fan of their storefront or their recent publishing agreements, those are very much "tangible". Regardless, my point was that the resources that went into this event didn't kill some unrelated project.

I don't believe businesses shut down successful ventures. Paragon was losing players and had been for a while, since Monolith. They decided (maybe prematurely to myself and other fans) to cut their losses and refocus on something else. Worked out in a big way for them in the end.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Pubs will be selling tickets for real cash to these kind of events within the next 5 years, I'd put a bet on it.