• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Sony. Been a loyal customer since PS1, all consoles and handhelds, registered them even, current PS+ subscriber since PS3 and you can't hook me up lol.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The only emails I get from Sony are the digital purchase receipts -_-
Thankfully I preordered from Media Markt.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Wow. I actually got an invite. The dilemma is if I use it or not as I've put aside $450 in amazon GCs just for a PS5.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
Sony never sends me any kind of promotional content.

I never get themes/avatars for getting platinums

I never get into beta software

Not surprised I haven't received an email from them yet about the PS5 preorder and I doubt I ever will.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
MdrmP0.gif

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Hey I finally got an invite! I guess we can be buds again Sony. Already got a preorder on Amazon though. Does the PS Store charge sales tax in CA?

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why I even bothered to check.

Ah well, next year it is then.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
PSN user since PSP with a trophy score of 51 and thousands of dollars spend this gen. Not a single email.
They are lucky I already got my pre-order or I would be throwing a fit.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sony never sends me any kind of promotional content.

I never get themes/avatars for getting platinums

I never get into beta software

Not surprised I haven't received an email from them yet about the PS5 preorder and I doubt I ever will.
Same, I only ever get receipt emails. 😭

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Once again, I'm just not fan enough. 😭😭
I think it's random or aimed at people who spend very little on PSN. They want to draw in less engaged users and not those who are already giving them everything.
I didn't get an invite for round 1. I've never bought PS+ through sony, maybe paid full price for 2 or 3 games on PSN, and just recently bought a few heavily discounted games on PS Store. My only saving grace is like >8k hours played this gen.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh nice I got one :) I"ll try to help my sister get one for launch then, I'm sticking with my Amazon order for myself

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Sony can you do me a solid? I know that you know I'm a loyal customer and that I'm more deserving of a fast tracked PS5 preorder than most people on this planet just based on me living the Playstation lifestyle and representing the Playstation core principles 24/7. The preorder link that you were going to send to me, please send it to one of the suckers who wouldn't have gotten one otherwise so they stop their pathetic begging.

Now that this is taken care of please tell good ol' Jimbo that he still owes me a beer.

Signed,

19thCenturyFox
President of the Playstation Nation

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
Hmmmm...

I'm wondering if those who partook in the class action lawsuit from a few years back were blacklisted by Sony.

I used to get marketing email from them all the time. I'm opted in too.

I've been with PSN day one with the PS3. Spent way too much money on their store.

And this is the thanks I get???

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
... so annoyed with this entire process. Honestly think I am getting too old for this. Really annoying to waste my time trying to give someone money.... meanwhile there are plenty of scalpers that had no issue getting them.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I never get these lmao

The last time sony treated me nice was in 2006 when they put me in "gamer advisory panel" and i got a cool shirt

I have been in that, Underground, MVP too.

I did get an invite first time around. I don't spend all that much on PSN though as I tend to buy physical. PSN activity... I wish there was a cumulative total. Trophies at level 21. Not sure what else it could be soccer I have a friend who got the invite who had his ps4 for like a year and only got ps plus recently.

I also found two people at work who thought they weren't invited but when actually going through their emails found the invites from weeks ago. Better look good.

... so annoyed with this entire process. Honestly think I am getting too old for this. Really annoying to waste my time trying to give someone money.... meanwhile there are plenty of scalpers that had no issue getting them.

You know that many scalpers use software to buy these right? Just like concert tickets and limited shoes etc.
It's hard to beat that unless companies do stuff like this.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Looks like I'm trying for Gamestop tomorrow.

Wish me luck boys and girls.

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for the heads up, found the invite was in my promotions subcategory, which I rarely check, and not my primary inbox in Gmail.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Compare this to what's happening with the new Nvidia cards. This is SO MUCH better.

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Saw a PlayStation email, but it was only the weekly store update email :( I guess I am not one of the lucky ones.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could give mine to someone. I already got a preorder at Best Buy. Shame they don't offer that capability.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
still nothing

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
How does Sony handle the charge? Immediately? Temp charge? At shipping?

This is my question too

Also is this still launch day delivery or is this gonna end up being part of the "not exactly at launch but shortly after" wave like some retailers are getting?

I've got one at amazon but i've got the damn "We will let you know" message vs a delivery date

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They must be mad at me for not accepting all their firmware beta testing invites.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
For those feeling bad about not getting invites,

Adam Boyes, Gio Corsi, Brad Douglas...they didn't get one either lol.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Lol. I have "PS5 is coming" emails from August and September and the preorder sign up email sitting right there in my inbox.
th