• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I'm not trying to take a poo on Inside Xbox today. Honestly i'm happy to see next gen games in any form but why can't we get footage prerecorded or live of people playing the game? I think back to my favorite event moments and its not trailers of "gameplay" with quick cuts and loads of cutscenes. I want to see a short recording of the game being played. I understand that there was gameplay in the Inside Xbox thing but I still don't have a great idea what the games will be like at all. I feel like these marketing people really misunderstand me..

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
This why i laugh when i see ppl celebrate "No More E3" like huh ? smh. But yea i dont know whey will understand showing gameplay demos is the way to go.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
The world is not as is usually is. Coronavirus is likely making things much more challenging, it is already hugely taxing to produce a gameplay demo to begin with let alone with the changes in workplaces the world over at the moment.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah. I don't mind when it's clear it'll be the case, but when you say "gameplay preview" then show an in-engine (usually not real time) trailer, then have the presenter gush about "all that gameplay", it's frankly perplexing.
Either say cool trailers, or say you'll show gameplay. But don't show the former and say it's the latter.

luminosity

Oct 30, 2017
The world is not as is usually is. Coronavirus is likely making things much more challenging, it is already hugely taxing to produce a gameplay demo to begin with let alone with the changes in workplaces the world over at the moment.

Boot up OBS and hook up a microphone...

OP
OP

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I understand if the game is still early in development but how hard is it to get a dev with a controller to pay through a small portion of game? Probably easier than editing together a trailer.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Youlre going to have to wait a bit longer. Also MS can't tell 3rd parties how to show their games, even if its their stream. That's never been the way its worked. They ask for material, and they get what the 3rd parties give them.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Ah, you mean the Assassin's Creed Bait and Switch. Yeah, I'm only tangentially interested in it, but all I could think of was how nothing of a trailer that was.

c56b1d8d2e25fc35cf63d4e803b75cfa3e1ccc16e008e1a9ced509aadd47a4b7.gif

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There was the Baldur's Gate 3 alpha gameplay preview, but even here people called it unprofessional when the dev was frank about the limitations of the build.

People were actually complaining that the marketing was transparent.

Oct 29, 2017
Feel the same way. I'd just like to get a sense of what the game feels like to play. Even the trailers that did seem to show real gameplay would show like a series of split-second quick cuts that were over before they registered. And that Dirt trailer seemed hellbent on showing the cars racing from every possible camera angle except the one you'd see when you're actually playing it.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
1. Yes id really like to have them but its probably not realistic due to the nature of final dev kit availability and dev time with said next-gen hardware and work from home all happening now.
2. I would rather have the game(s) played on a PC with similar hardware than some gameplay trailers.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It's just incredibly early. I'm impressed they even had "in engine footage".

Showing your game played as is, is incredibly challenging in early production. Because it requires you to basically "FINISH" a part of your game.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I understand if the game is still early in development but how hard is it to get a dev with a controller to pay through a small portion of game? Probably easier than editing together a trailer.

www.gamesradar.com

Uncharted 4 Stage Fright trophy pokes fun at a notorious E3 fail

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was only released to the public hours ago, but fans are already discovering all sorts of nifty nods and references that developer Naughty Dog slipped in. One particularly fu