• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
unknown.png

unknown.png

So far, a few of her leaks have come to fruition. She also leaked Horizon way back, and Forza 4 in a different post.

Bear in mind that she made it clear that some of the info were old and things might change.
You know a rumor is complete bullshit when it has a multiplatform Nintendo game, especially Mario.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
User Banned (1 week): backseat moderation, derailing
reads thread,..

...if the mods decided to enforce the "port begging" moderation half of era is going to be banned today. xD

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Here I am not really convinced, technically and for marketing reasons except for an eventual multiplayer games. Since HZD I believed that everything was now possible for the back catalog. But like Days Gone is easy to port, and to market, because made to run on 2013 hardware, and have no more a full purchase value for a new console. Playing enhanced PS4 games is nice but has only a marginal influence on who wants to buy a PS5. So these games played their roles for the echosystem, while full new one would be more appealing to value a PS5.

Agreed. Things like Days Gone and Death Stranding make sense as they're AAA titles that don't have the mindshare or evergreen legs of the big flagship franchises. Even HZD, it was a huge hit, but not a TLOU/Spidey/GoW tier system seller.

Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Dreams, Ratchet & Clank and games of that ilk make a ton of sense for PC release as it has no adverse effect on brand value and only stands to generate revenue & hype.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Literal thread about more Sony games coming to PC.

PC players guess which games these might be.

Era: Fucking Port begging, why no bans?

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess when Dreams comes to PC I hope there's crossplay or at least the ability to view creations between console and PC.

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
...if the mods decided to enforce the "port begging" moderation half of era is going to be banned today. xD

lol to be fair, it's a thread based on confirmation that more Playstation games coming to PC, so this is more speculation/anticipation. Now, if someone were to enter this thread and say, "BOTW2 PC, when?", that'd probably meet the criteria for "port begging".

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
This is great! I love playing exclusives on Playstation and don't regret getting a PS5, but the more games that come to PC, the better it is for everyone. I think Uncharted might be the most interesting for me, or maybe TLOU2 - anything that is still locked to 30 FPS?

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Who would have known that porting old games to the PC can make you money. I don't expect Sony to go full Microsoft and do day and date PC/console releases, but yeah I think it's safe to assume the PC is going to keep getting ports years later. I also don't buy the whole "Yeah Sony will port X game because of _____, but they will never port Y." Those people are already eating crow after all that effort explaining why Horizon was obviously a one off.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Actually pretty interested in seeing if Sony will also do the same with its VR content. That would be particularly interesting with PS VR hardware coming out "soon", which I hope is compatible with PC for the sake of seeing more options and competition available

I fucking explained this repeatedly and why it would happen. But noooooo, it's only Horizon because Decima is running on PC.

I'm sure the mental gymanistics and absolute refusal to listen to reason will continue as more and more show up.

Same, doesn't seem many people care for those explanations though.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
lol to be fair, it's a thread based on confirmation that more Playstation games coming to PC, so this is more speculation/anticipation. Now, if someone were to enter this thread and say, "BOTW2 PC, when?", that'd probably meet the criteria for "port begging".

i mean, i get it. i do not expect any bans and there is good context for what i read seeing as jim ryan confirmed more playstation games will be coming to PC. ...but the thirst for bloodborne to be ported to PC is very, very strong as evidenced here.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm curious how long it will be before we eventually get day one releases between PC and PS5, if it'll ever happen. I've no doubts that Sony is looking as closely as they can at how many Xbox Series consoles MS is selling in spite of day one PC game releases on Steam, and I've no doubt that if the Series S|X stay relatively competitive that Sony will have day one releases by 2023

It'll be nice to be able to play more games at higher than 30fps, that's for damn sure, as that turned me off Days Gone at first. I was gonna play it again when I got a PS5, but since it and hopefully more will come to PC I won't have to.

My biggest hope, however unlikely, is that we get ports of the smaller Sony games from this gen too like Knack 1/2, Gravity Rust 1/2 and Ratchet and Clank 2016, as those were in my opinion the best PS4 exclusives (though to be fair, I genuinely prefer playing games of the Sony AAA style with a keyboard and mouse on PC, so this may have hampered my beliefs)

That's really fucking impressive honestly, where even with Gamepass PC giving day one access to those games they still sell incredibly well on Steam. I can definitely see Sony

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. Things like Days Gone and Death Stranding make sense as they're AAA titles that don't have the mindshare or evergreen legs of the big flagship franchises. Even HZD, it was a huge hit, but not a TLOU/Spidey/GoW tier system seller.

Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Dreams, Ratchet & Clank and games of that ilk make a ton of sense for PC release as it has no adverse effect on brand value and only stands to generate revenue & hype.
Oh but if you ask me, everything that is on the PS4 could end on PC, without restrictions. I was only talking about PS5 games.

But there are more interest to do this than just a volume of license, and so to eventually exclude some titles or to delay others.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a big believer in... magic. But this place is different. It's special. The others don't wanna talk about it because it scares them, but we all know it, we all feel it...I'm talking about the Resistance trilogy.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
i mean, i get it. i do not expect any bans and there is good context for what i read seeing as jim ryan confirmed more playstation games will be coming to PC. ...but the thirst for bloodborne to be ported to PC is very, very strong as evidenced here.
PC players want one of the best games ever made on their platform of choice? Hmmm. It's also been heavily rumoured for years now and people are just waiting for an announcement.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Microsoft are making bank on PC. Would be silly for Sony not to pursue the same revenue stream. Nintendo however don't make decisions based in any sort of reality so I don't expect them ever.

Nintendo would make bank on PC, but they're less incentivised to do so as their major software has outrageously long legs and through the Switch they've positioned themselves in such a way that they don't directly compete for the Sony/Microsoft ecosystem. That Nintendo can keep making a fortune off Switch launch window games that still (eg: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8) is just batshit insane, and with Switch sales still soaring high it's easy to see why they're comfortable in their own closed ecosystem that has no real competition. Exclusivity works in their favour as they want people to buy into the Switch ecosystem, and since the crossover with other ecosystems is minimal it's a very much all-or-nothing situation.

For what it's worth I think it'll be a long time before Sony day-and-date modern software on PC in the same way Microsoft has. Microsoft has really consolidated their software strategy around cross release, cross platform play, GAAS and it's worked wonders. It's lead to an enormous revival of initially lukewarm titles (like Sea of Thieves) and repopularisation of ports (Halo). Game Pass being offered on both platforms is a boon.

Sony on the other hand will drag it out until they can work out exactly what they want, but they money is there and the evidence is irrefutable. They'll stick with late-to-the-party ports of AAA titles past their shelf life, but I'm sure the influx will only increase, and Sony might explore their own storefronts or subscription models as business ideas change.

And folk here will still be jumping through hoops to avoid admitting why Sony is doing this. I look forward to the mental gymnastics when God of War '18 gets announced for PC this year, and the usual "but it's [insert engine] and that's why it's ported" excuse runs out.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
And folk here will still be jumping through hoops to avoid admitting why Sony is doing this. I look forward to the mental gymnastics when God of War '18 gets announced for PC this year, and the usual "but it's [insert engine] and that's why it's ported" excuse runs out.
It's to get people interested so they go out and buy a PS5 for the sequel, naturally.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's an Unreal Engine 4 game, Horizon was using Decima which was ported to PC for Death Stranding. Both of these games are based on technology that''s already on PC. Really, I wouldn't expect that any of PlayStation games from studios like Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica or any first party team that uses engine not currently available on PC to be ported to it.

You're right, when Jim Ryan refers to a "slate" it's actually a colloquialism from his native Newcastle which means "1 game".

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Great, this makes me feel pretty good about my PC I got in January. Maybe it will be enough for most of this gen and I don't have to purchase a PS5 after all. Here is hoping!

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I actually had no idea Jim Ryan was a Geordie until this article. Now I have a little bit more respect for him ha.

DoktorAkcel

Aug 30, 2019
Tbf, MS lead the charge and showed how profitable it is.
True that, but even before (back when Mattrick announced Halo 3 and Fable II will stay on Xbox) it was "Microsoft, you're alienating other gamers by forcing them to buy a console they don't need". Kinda tired of Parenti-like attempts to paint everything MS does in a bad light these last few years.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I hope they bring PS3 stuff, would love to play Killzone and Resistance with mouse and keyboard.

But I doubt that's happening, they'll more likely stick just to newer stuff.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Please be good ports, please be good ports. 🙏🏼

I don't want another Horizon trash port Sony, thank you.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017
Sony on the other hand will drag it out until they can work out exactly what they want, but they money is there and the evidence is irrefutable. They'll stick with late-to-the-party ports of AAA titles past their shelf life, but I'm sure the influx will only increase, and Sony might explore their own storefronts or subscription models as business ideas change.

This right here, it's pretty obvious they'll only port PS4 titles to PC, and I bet in some cases PS5 might benefit from this process, BC-wise.