• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So can't criminal charges be brought against McMahon? Please? Is the world so bleak he can cover up a rape that leads to a suicide and skate away free?

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Yet people will still watch and still give WWE money just for Baron Corbin to end up being the main focus and whine about it.

Vince's ties to Trump wasn't enough, Racism and homophobia wasn't enough, Vince covering up murder wasn't enough,
WWE being used as Saudi propaganda and continuing to accept blood money after Khashoggi wasn't enough.

Where's the line?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely disgusting. Lack of reporting is how rapists like that keep getting away in the military.

Your naivete about the nature of jobs in the military is abundantly clear here. Go read up on the types of career opportunities available.
The poster is, I'm assuming, working under the framework that our military is immoral. So it doesn't matter what your position is, you're still assisting wickedness.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone involved in this needs to spend the rest of their lives in a cell, and all of eternity burning in hell.

Absolute sacks of shit. Vince, the rapist, the accomplice, the military, all of them. A woman is dead because of this evil. They all need to pay.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So can't criminal charges be brought against McMahon? Please? Is the world so bleak he can cover up a rape that leads to a suicide and skate away free?
Nope. He didn't do anything criminal. He has no legal duty to report a crime. What Vince did is what nearly every college in America does, thousands of times every semester. They don't lock up Deans, Admins, and the campus police who treat rape like a joke.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I always saw it as people willing to kill or be killed to go to college and always wondered why people thought college was worth...that? I mean, survival and all, but come on. I would never kill for a buck and if you havent equated that before you sign your life away to the military for college, you are simply being naive.

Not even a third of Military jobs are front line. The US Military is low-key America's primary welfare support system.

Oct 27, 2017
Yet people will still watch and still give WWE money just for Baron Corbin to end up being the main focus and whine about it.

Vince's ties to Trump wasn't enough, Racism and homophobia wasn't enough, Vince covering up murder wasn't enough,
WWE being used as Saudi propaganda and continuing to accept blood money after Khashoggi wasn't enough.

Where's the line?

Being a wrestling fan since 2001 is pretty much having to reconcile with the fact that the entire industry is controlled by one of the worst human beings in the world.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I know a lot of jobs in the military are nonlethal, but the military as a WHOLE is lethal. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who joins the military for college is complicit in it all They are all cogs in the death machine. It made sense in ww2, to fight the face of evil, hitler. Not so much for college degrees.

I can't disagree with you I just also happen to have family in the military, so naturally I'm conflicted. I don't have any family in the WWE but I'm comfortable saying fuckoff to both of them

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Ok can we be done with Vince McMahon for good now ? He won't escape this ! He cannot. He was already lucky with the steroids scandal.

This is so horrible !

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know a lot of jobs in the military are nonlethal, but the military as a WHOLE is lethal. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who joins the military for college is complicit in it all. They are all cogs in the death machine, but no, I'm "naive". I have tons of career family in the military. Shit, my grandpa planned the inauguration of Kennedy. Doesn't change the fact. Military is military.

It made sense in ww2, to fight the face of evil, hitler. Not so much for college degrees.
Yup. "I was only an accountant, I swear!" wasn't a valid defense for Nazis either.

I was critical of the military in my youth but the shit disgusts me at this point. The propaganda and the unthinking is what disturbs me the most. My young ass cousin signed up and his FB just seems shameful to me. He "should" be in a college class or something but is instead a trained killer who will probably do wetwork. Him and some buds look like JV basketball players in fatigues, doesn't look like an informed decision at all.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I have been a huge fan of wrestling my whole life and this completely ruined it. I can't watch WWE in good conscience anymore.

Limit

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
The poster is, I'm assuming, working under the framework that our military is immoral. So it doesn't matter what your position is, you're still assisting wickedness.

And why is the military immoral? As an organization, military is a tool. They don't choose to go to wars. They are told to go by the politicians, who are voted into power by the populace. If the angle someone is taking that military is bad because killing is involved, then the entire country is complicit.

Oct 25, 2017
I like some wrestlers on NXT and I can't put that aside, especially with HHH running it at a distance from Vince. I sporadically pay for a month of WWE Network depending on what's going on, but I won't be doing that either until Vince is gone.

HHH was 100% privy to all this

HHH also is the one who hired Demott IIRC

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Further down in the tweets, it says the lawsuit was thrown out and Ashley apologized.

Vince McMahon's company provided some excerpts of the email to us, in which Massaro allegedly wrote, "I love WWE, you all were my family the whole time I was there," and claimed, "The lawsuit got out of control very fast-I had been roped in by the lawyer representing the others."

WWE says Massaro apologized for taking part in the class action lawsuit, and allegedly admitted she "knew it was a bad idea but was convinced by the lawyer and I want to acknowledge that I should've contacted you guys before agreeing to be involved-i was basically poached."

However, she also accepted, "my part of the responsibility and just want to formerly apologize and express my regret." Along with apologizing, Massaro apparently wrote, "You all changed my life and I couldn't be more grateful," and asked executives to, "express my sincerest regret to Vince, Stephanie, Hunter and Kevin Dunn."

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Y
I
K
E
S S S S S S S S

Vince gotta go.

EDIT: To be more specific, the Good Old Boys network that has run through the U.S. circuit of wrestling since time immemorial has gotta go.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I know a lot of jobs in the military are nonlethal, but the military as a WHOLE is lethal. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who joins the military for college is complicit in it all. They are all cogs in the death machine, but no, I'm "naive". I have tons of career family in the military. Shit, my grandpa planned the inauguration of Kennedy. Doesn't change the fact. Military is military.

It made sense in ww2, to fight the face of evil, hitler. Not so much for college degrees.

So what, we just not have a military? I'm not sure that's how it works

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, folks are gonna be in for a rude awakening when they learn that Paul and Steph are also colossal pieces of shit.

WWE probably gives police a run for their money when it comes to systemic issues.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
So what, we just not have a military? I'm not sure that's how it works
The point is dont lie to yourself about what you're doing with your life. You're not JUST getting money for college, you're helping a group kill others. I'm not even saying that the death is unneeded in a protective sense; it sometimes definitely is necessary to use force.
I'm just not ok with people looking at the military as free college tuition when in reality, they are asking you to seriously compromise yourself as far as morals go. If you go in knowing that, being honest with yourself, I have no problem with your service. If you thought you were never going to have to do anything to hurt anyone so its ok, you're already part of the problem.

Edit: but yeah, I'm getting offtopic so I'll just let this rest unless it comes back to wwe or sexual assault in the military.

Oct 27, 2017
She left WWE in 2008, the lawsuit was filed in 2016.

You have to understand the power dynamics of the wrestling industry though. If you want to have a career in wrestling that goes above wrestling in high school gyms, you have to be on Vince McMahon's good side. This is why almost anyone who has had beef with Vince has had to reconcile with him in the years since WCW has folded - they have no choice. I mean even Bret Hart did after what happened to Owen. He had to if he wanted to have a career.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Where's the line?
As long as their preferred form of entertainment doesn't hurt them or their loved ones directly, people are willing to put up with negative stuff in the name of entertainment.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
And why is the military immoral? As an organization, military is a tool. They don't choose to go to wars. They are told to go by the politicians, who are voted into power by the populace. If the angle someone is taking that military is bad because killing is involved, then the entire country is complicit.

The high brass in the military (and the ones who retire and end up lobbying for defense contractors and other warhawk think tanks) have a shit ton of influence on how often we go to war and who we drop bombs on. People willingly join the military knowing what goes on, no one is innocent in this, and yes ultimately all Americans have to bear some responsibility for allowing this to continue, but acting like the military are just some stalwart defenders who have no skin the game is not close to reality.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Where's the line?

At this point I'd be ok with banning WWE OTs.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
As long as their preferred form of entertainment doesn't hurt them or their loved ones directly, people are willing to put up with negative stuff in the name of entertainment.
It's not even entertaining them though, given how much people seem dissatisfied with the product. That's the weird thing.