• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
466545-800px_chadwardenn_large.jpg

I'm glad to see Chad Warden (the OP) is alive and well.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
NBA Jam? More like NBA Damn
Mortal Kombat? More like Chortle Kombat
Bloodshot? More like Dud Shot
Mary-Kate and Ashley: Magical Mystery Mall? More like the Abyss Mall
Turok Dinosaur Hunter? More like half-cocked, die-now, bore, blunder!

Revolution X? Well it sure is revolting!
NFL Quarterback Club? I don't want a quarterback, I want a full refund
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball? No kidding, it sure is painful to play!
Smash TV? If I see someone playing this game I just might!

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game? More like go fuck yourself

Dec 25, 2018
Breath of The Wild? More like Stank of the Dude.
Deus Ex? more like Dudes Ex
Halo Reach? more like Lame old Peach
Crash Bandicoot? more like trash can of pooh

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance? More like Not my Cup of Tea, But Understand Why People Enjoy it Regardless

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei? More like Shin No Games Tensei.

Hollow Knight? More like Hell No Knight.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Pokémon? More like my childhood

Link's Awakening? More like Link is really cute as a character and I identified with him so hard when I was a kid and felt in love with Marin and stuff

Wii Fit? More like yeah I've had a good time with the balance board it was fun while it lasted.

Persona? More like these are really decent and I like the characters, Chie is the best.

Oct 25, 2017
street fighter more like ad fighter more like rootkit fighter more like mictrotransaction fighter

oops i just made a real serious era post

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? More like Total Market Snafu #FaIlUrE
Sonic Blast for Game Gear? More like Sonic Ass-Blast
Super Mario World? More like Super Mario Island. Because. Like, it's just on a single island. Do you think they regretted having already used this when they came up to Super Mario Odyssey which, like, actually involved a tour around the world. I would. Because it was a friggin' island. Not a world.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
also not to interrupt the 10-year-old memefest revival we've got going on here but where's the pokemon gender thread some people were talking about earlier

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 .. more like Pee Ass More
Xbox One .. more like X box None
Nintendo Switch .. more like Throw't in a Ditch
Google Stadia .. more like *google discontinues Stadia*

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Sim City? More like Sim Shitty
Call of Duty? More like Straight Up Doody
Battlefield V? More like End my Life
Grand Theft Auto V? More like Your Brother Stole Your Wife.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? More like Grow the Fuck Up: Stop Being a Child.
Uncharted 4? More like Your mom's a whore.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks op, this kind of thread are pure lighthearted fun.

That other place? More like Resetera's beta.

Mass effect? More like Ass Effect.

Bloodborne? More like SuckBore

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Shadow Bringers?
More like Shallow Bringers!

Because holy hell did SE kill the grace and complexity of so many roles in the game

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario World? More like Super Mario Island. Because. Like, it's just on a single island. Do you think they regretted having already used this when they came up to Super Mario Odyssey which, like, actually involved a tour around the world. I would. Because it was a friggin' island. Not a world.
Look man. I know this is supposed to be a fun thread and all, we've had a lot of laughs, whatever. But it is readily apparent that several of the locations of Dinosaur Land are not actually or not naturally connected.

You have to hop across another island to go from the Forest of Illusion to Chocolate Island. While the Cheese and Butter Bridges are atop a lake which connects Vanilla Dome to the east, Donut Plains and Yoshi's Island are only connected by a bridge which isn't even built until you beat Iggy Koopa. Until that point it's only connected by an ocean, and if you're going to say that's one island, you may as well say that North America and Africa are just one island. If anything it's an island chain, maybe a geopolitical region a la Oceania or Australasia.

While it is true to say that Dinosaur Land is not actually a world unto itself, the game makes no suggestion that it is anything other than a region of Mario's world. It also fits into the broader terminology of the Mario universe, where "world" is less used to refer to an individual planet, but moreso particular regions in which the overall gameplay area is divided. In that sense, Mario World actually contains multiple worlds if we follow the standard Mario lexicon.

Come on. It's just as easy to get these things right.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
I remember gamespots system wars forum ca 2008 where people loved to overuse the word "flop", especially in these types of circumstances. Flopzone 2, Gran Flopizmo or Flop of War.