• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
www.jeopardy.com

ROSTER OF GUEST HOSTS ANNOUNCED | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

JEOPARDY! is set to feature a series of guest hosts this season including award-winning journalists and other notable figures, the show announced Wednesday. Katie Couric, Aaron Rodgers, Bill Whitaker, and Mayim Bialik are all slated to take a turn at the iconic game show’s lectern. “Alex was a...

JEOPARDY! is set to feature a series of guest hosts this season including award-winning journalists and other notable figures, the show announced Wednesday.

Katie Couric, Aaron Rodgers, Bill Whitaker, and Mayim Bialik are all slated to take a turn at the iconic game show's lectern.

"Alex was a legend, revered by all of us," Mike Richards, JEOPARDY!'s executive producer, said. "I want to thank our guest hosts, who will not only help all of us celebrate his great legacy, but also bring their own touch to the show."

As part of each guest host's appearance, a donation totaling the cumulative winnings of the contestants that compete during each guest host's respective week will be made to a charity of their choice.

Ken Jennings served as the show's first guest host following the passing of longtime host Alex Trebek. Executive Producer Mike Richards will also host for two weeks once Jennings' current run of episodes concludes to keep the show on the air while the guest hosts prepare for their appearances.

Additional guest hosts will be announced later in the season.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed they haven't said Lavar Burton yet. They kow people want to see it, try it out for a guest spot at least.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bill Whitaker is a great choice - if he wasn't already like 70 I wouldn't mind him permanently taking over. He's even got that mustache legacy.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He won the episode of Celebrity Jeopardy he was on. The story of him getting on was that the producers were contacting Olivia Munn, who he was dating at the time, to be a contestant and he overheard the conversation and stated him would do it if she wouldn't. Turns out he is a big fan.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
What about Ben Stein?

B5v8.gif

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
He's a HUGE fan. He made it sound like it will be only one episode and it won't be filmed until after his season ends.
Since they film multiple episodes per day, the article says that every guest host gets a week of shows.
Did Jennings get disinvited because of beandad?
Not sure what a beandad is, but as I recall the plan was always to have several guest hosts before settling on a final one at some later date.

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Aaron rodgers might be pretty good. of NFL quarterbacks, I'd love to see Peyton Manning. Guy has amazing delivery.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still saying Werner Herzog is the intensely dour kick in the pants Jeopardy so desperately needs.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bill Whitaker kind of reminds me of Trebek, actually, now that I think about it.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
They should get Watson to host. I was going to say Brad Rutter but apparently he, James and Ken are on that ABC quiz show.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Since they film multiple episodes per day, the article says that every guest host gets a week of shows.

Not sure what a beandad is, but as I recall the plan was always to have several guest hosts before settling on a final one at some later date.

Yeah this was always the plan. Won't be shocked if it is still Jennings at the end of this honestly. Whenever that is.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I've heard Mina Kimes suggested before. I'd like to see her have a shot too.

I imagine they would want the new host to be somewhat young, in order to be able to stay in the role for decades, ideally.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Boy...these guests are just a cavalcade of curled monkey paw fingers huh.

OP
OP
alr1ght

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Dr Oz as a guest host...hoo boy. Why not just pick some charlatan psychic as the next one?

I really hope they find someone better than Ken Jennings.

Oct 25, 2017
Guest-Host-Schedule-Graphic-and-Carousel-Video_JK_02%20%281%29_0.jpg

Still can't believe they're going with Dr fucking Oz

Savannah Guthrie, NBC News' TODAY Co-Anchor
Show Air Dates: TBD

Mayim Bialik, Actress and Neuroscientist

Bill Whitaker, "60 Minutes" Correspondent

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, it's taking moving mountains just to get Levar Burton a tryout. They got all these white celebrities ready to go aside from Gupta, and they can't be fucking bothered listening to people who want Burton to get a shot.

Joe Buck is boring as hell.