• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it won't. 343i should improve the writing but also not drop things as a reaction to some parts of the community. Halo 3's story suffered due tho the backlash they received with the Arbiter in Halo 2 and it could be argued that Halo 5 suffered somewhat aswell because of early criticisms of Halo 4's story.

I don't think they will be dropping the Prometheans.

They need to fundamentally change how they feel to fight because right now they are not fun.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I'm glad it won't. 343i should improve the writing but also not drop things as a reaction to some parts of the community. Halo 3's story suffered due tho the backlash they received with the Arbiter in Halo 2 and it could be argued that Halo 5 suffered somewhat aswell because of early criticisms of Halo 4's story.

I can only speak for myself and not other people in the community, but my main issue with H5 is that the story and vibe overall did not really feel like classic Halo to me anymore. I will obviously play the game and am looking forward to see what conclusions they drew from criticism, but if they just continue H5's story, I don't expect that I will be blown away by the story.

They need to fundamentally change how they feel to fight because right now they are not fun.

Agreed, I found them extremely unsatisfying to fight. Something about the designs and the lack of hit feedback, while shooting Grunts and Elites is just immensely satisfying to this day!

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's so deflating to see shit like this through toy leaks, of all things.

I'm a grown man, I ain't playing with Legos. Why not just reveal stuff like a normal developer? I swear this happens every time 343i is making a game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the H5 Knights are pretty fun to fight. Shooting pieces off feels cool, especially when they disintegrate.

Knights are the one Promethean force I definitely want to return.

I dunno it lacks punch for me, it doesn't feel good when shooting them. They definitely got better in 5 then 4, but every time I fought them I though to myself I'd rather be fighting Covenant.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
So happy that the Banished seem to be back for Halo Infinite! LOVED them and their design in Halo Wars 2. That also reminds me that I still have to play the Flood DLC.
I think the H5 Knights are pretty fun to fight. Shooting pieces off feels cool, especially when they disintegrate.

Knights are the one Promethean force I definitely want to return.
Agreed, the new Knights are super fun to fight imo. Replayed parts of Halo 4 with a buddy last night and I was definitely much more frustrated with those teleporting bullet sponges than the Halo 5 dudes. (Although seeing them disintegrate was still satisfying)

Deleted member 64517

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 14, 2020
Absolutely hate fighting Prometheans, combat is supposed to be fun but trying to run after those damn dogs was not fun, nor was it fun to unload a billion bullets into those soldiers, only for them to transport behind some god damn wall.