• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Relevant:

Doesn't neccessarily mean that Red Team will encounter Blue Team or that anyone else like Atriox, the Spirit of Fire and etc. will show up.

We saw Marines in two trailers, which is a much better example on how they'll most likely look like.

The Pilot's helmet in the background in the latest trailer is the Halo 3 style, but that seems to not be the case anymore.

Last edited:

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
V. happy if the Brutes are back, please turn Halo back into a political space opera rather than LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYONE vs Humanity (who are now all Spartans, for some reason) again please.

tenor.gif

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
I am not saying it is impossible, but changing your plans for your biggest IP two weeks before E3 should be based on more than reactions to a weird 4 chan leak (and yes, I remember the ODST fiasco at E3...).
Oh for sure, and it could be that that was never the planned E3 trailer in the first place.

The thing that sticks with me is that nothing we've seen so far discredits the content of that leak/trailer other than the fact that we haven't seen it.

At this point I'm just waiting for 343 to show us something lol.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man we are desperate for details. I can't believe how long the silence has been.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The Reach Gungnir is my favorite helmet. I hope Infinite brings it back.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Reach Gungnir is my favorite helmet. I hope Infinite brings it back.

Um. This pretty much confirms that this is indeed the case.

Could just be toy manufacturers mixing and matching pieces and whatnot, but the Gungnir mold seems new here, and it is bundled with a new weapon.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Dude not only brutes, but the banished is on zeta halo!!!! Thats banished colored armor!!!!!!!!!

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
This "waiting" thing is soul-crushing. I just frozen all my expectations/hype for Infinite.

*softly cries in the room*

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 2 & 3 were great because you fought alongside Humans, Elites, Hunters, Grunts, Jackals, ODST, Sentinels, and even the flood, depending on the vibe at the time; heck, you even got some sweet Covenant vs Heretics action. The best combat scenarios just descended into a giant fuckest: everyone for themselves.
So we just ignoring the bit in Halo 5 where you're on the elite homeworld? And the ending where the arbiter is literally standing there waiting for you?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
The Pilot's helmet in the background in the latest trailer is the Halo 3 style, but that seems to not be the case anymore.

I see what you mean now. Could be a change or we could see both in the game?

These are labeled for Halo Infinite.

When we got the first toy reveal, we learned that the Reach ones were also labeled Halo: Infinite, so I don't think the labeling means anything ufortunately.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I see what you mean now. Could be a change or we could see both in the game?

When we got the first toy reveal, we learned that the Reach ones were also labeled Halo: Infinite, so I don't think the labeling means anything ufortunately.
$5 on the Reach armor just being in the game though. There were 2 new armor sets in there too that just haven't been in games

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
While it's hard to how know accurate any single toy's design would be to what is in the game, at this point there's more than enough different sources of smoke that I'd say the Banished being in Infinite is pretty much confirmed. Same with the Brutes returning, which would obviously make sense if it's the Banished.

And based on how the Halo Wars 2 DLC left the Banished, I'd say that also leaves a pretty good chance that the Flood are going to return as well.

Which leaves me wondering how they are going to address the Cortana story threads amongst all of this. And considering Halo 5 ends with Chief, Arbiter and Halsey all together on Sanghelios... how does Chief start Infinite floating in space surrounded by ship wreckage?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
$5 on the Reach armor just being in the game though. There were 2 new armor sets in there too that just haven't been in games

Sure, there is that possibility, as well.

Would be cool if some of these came with unlock codes, since that's also something that Nerf is doing with their AR. In-game skin for Halo: Infinite included.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, there is that possibility, as well.

Would be cool if some of these came with unlock codes, since that's also something that Nerf is doing with their AR. In-game skin for Halo: Infinite included.
iirc the boxes did say there were codes included, so it probably unlocks that set.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Considering their comments that if you liked Reach level of customization, you'll be happy with Infinite, I fully expect the full gamut of armor. Just absolutely everything old and tons of new.

The reason? They can lock armor and other cosmetics behind seasons like they're doing with MCC to drive long term engagement.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Um. This pretty much confirms that this is indeed the case.

Could just be toy manufacturers mixing and matching pieces and whatnot, but the Gungnir mold seems new here, and it is bundled with a new weapon.
Yeah, I'm just hoping it's not a place holder.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds good, like every other detail we've heard so far. But this drip feed is killing me.

Stankles, spill the goods!

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
V. happy if the Brutes are back, please turn Halo back into a political space opera rather than LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYONE vs Humanity (who are now all Spartans, for some reason) again please.

Halo 2 & 3 were great because you fought alongside Humans, Elites, Hunters, Grunts, Jackals, ODST, Sentinels, and even the flood, depending on the vibe at the time; heck, you even got some sweet Covenant vs Heretics action. The best combat scenarios just descended into a giant fuckest: everyone for themselves.

Retcon Palmer, Del Rio, Lasky, the Spartan 4s and all the other idiots.

Also get rid of all the 'Master Chief human story' bollocks. Fuck off, you can't pull it off. Stop trying. I've seen a better 'human story' in the very hungry fucking caterpillar, at least the caterpillar got some exposition.

AND CAN WE HAVE THE FUCKING CHOIRS BACK, PLEASE? IS IT THAT MUCH TO ASK?
This is the post

I have no problems with Spartan 4s nor do I haveproblems with the other human characters but holy fuck I haaaate this whole "humanizing master chief" plot they've been trying so desperately to keep going.

i just wanna play as the cool green shooty dude. Let the other characters be human.

also I hope this game doesn't require you to play the RTS spinoffs and read the other books to understand the story. the last halo I played was Halo 5, so I wanna be able to understand what's happening and why it's important in Infinite without fucking studying.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
This is the post

I have no problems with Spartan 4s nor do I haveproblems with the other human characters but holy fuck I haaaate this whole "humanizing master chief" plot they've been trying so desperately to keep going.

i just wanna play as the cool green shooty dude. Let the other characters be human.

also I hope this game doesn't require you to play the RTS spinoffs and read the other books to understand the story. the last halo I played was Halo 5, so I wanna be able to understand what's happening and why it's important in Infinite without fucking studying.

Yep, was just thinking that while watching some Halo 5 videos. Can't believe they didn't build up to the other Spartan IIIs as part of the story; honestly there's just no emotional weight in anything that happens.

I just miss how upbeat the games used to be: the original trilogy did a great job of going from fun, fuck-yeah electric guitar moments (Scarab attack) to more melancholic moments (symbolic Elite-Human handshake at the end of Halo 3, which they IMMEDIATELY ruined in Halo 4). Now everything's just grim and the art-style reflects it.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I really hope the customization of the armors for each playable type of character is balls to the wall.
i want the effects all over muh body!
and i want a mode where we get grunt confetti back with headshot kills >=D

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
This is the post

Halo Wars 2 takes place after HaIo 5 and is potentially thought to be a setup for Halo Infinite.

It is likely not required but it is canon. I really hope they offer up a comprehensive, "here's what's happened" video to help people catch up. I am sure they dropped the number 6 to not feel like you've had to be part of the entire trip - I just want them to go hard with some cinematic flair with how they catch us up.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Stinkles please, we are getting info on the game from leaks. Just release an announcement of an announcement or something already.
It won't be much longer. They were clearly originally pointing at E3 - so it'll either be in the seems-true May info dump/showing or around the "virtual-convention-formerly-known-as-E3" week. So 6-7 weeks max.

You can do it. After 4.5 years, what's a few weeks? : )

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No idea of any of it is true, of course. Though I have been wondering how the name and what we have seen so far are supposed to follow up on H5's story.

It is most likely fake, agreed. Then again, games have done crazier things in the past...

Yeah the 4chan post is literally just somebody throwing darts at a wall. Banished and/or Brutes in the campaign have been suspected for weeks now as toy listings for Brutes leaked last month.

Oct 25, 2017
Good, hopefully this means this garbage Prometheans don't come back, the worst enemy to be created for the Halo games and the least fun to fight.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Yeah the 4chan post is literally just somebody throwing darts at a wall. Banished and/or Brutes in the campaign have been suspected for weeks now as toy listings for Brutes leaked last month.

Honestly, I would be quite happy for Infinite to be a reboot, and if it just pretended the story of Guardians never happend. Of course, that will probably not happen :(

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would be quite happy for Infinite to be a reboot, and if it just pretended the story of Guardians never happend. Of course, that will probably not happen :(

I'm glad it won't. 343i should improve the writing but also not drop things as a reaction to some parts of the community. Halo 3's story suffered due tho the backlash they received with the Arbiter in Halo 2 and it could be argued that Halo 5 suffered somewhat aswell because of early criticisms of Halo 4's story.

Good, hopefully this means this garbage Prometheans don't come back, the worst enemy to be created for the Halo games and the least fun to fight.

I don't think they will be dropping the Prometheans.

Last edited: