• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Games Coming to Xbox Game Pass

August 1

Ashes Cricket
(Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
Ashes Cricket brings all the fast-paced action, big hits, and skill that you see in the greatest cricket competition in the world, in both a more realistic and authentic way than ever before.

Pandemic (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
As members of an elite disease control team, you're the only thing standing in the way of the four deadly diseases spreading across the world. Travel the globe protecting cities, contain infections from spreading, and discover the cure for each disease. The fate of humanity is in your hands!

Downwell (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
Venture down into a darkness filled with nasty creatures (and mysterious secrets) to collect spectacular red gems scattered about the rocks in search of untold treasures. Armed only with your Gunboots for protection, battle well-dwelling monsters and uncover hidden caves filled with riches and relics.

August 8

Jackbox Party Pack 2
(Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
The sequel to the party game phenomenon The Jackbox Party Pack, featuring five fresh, rib-tickling party games supporting up to eight players. It's a game-night riot in a box… without the box!

Space Hulk Tactics (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)
A faithful adaptation of the board game "Space Hulk" bringing a unique twist to the cult classic formula. Engage in bloody battles through an immense Space Hulk — a twisted mass of asteroids, wrecked star ships, and debris – as either a squad of Terminator Space Marines or the deadly alien Genestealers.

August 14

Slay the Spire
(Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

Fusing card games and roguelikes together in an original single-player, deckbuilder adventure. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, and discover relics of immense power to slay the spire!

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/07/31/xbox-game-pass-august-2019/#8XhdXzZfIhWRaT1e.99

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's the weakest list they've had in a while, but at least Bard's Tale isn't too far away after these.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
So... if a game is listed as Xbox Game Pass Ultimate then it's available on both Xbox and PC if you have the Ultimate subscription? I find the way they are listing these very confusing...

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm warning everyone Slay the Spire is an incredible game, but it will consume your life. I have never played a game where hours just pass this quickly without realizing any time has passed.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WHERE IS life is strange s2ep3?

i was sure they promised it on Gp 3 month after released. It's been 3 month

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jackbox. Noice. I have 1 and 3, so 2 fills the gap!

The rest is also nice but can I have less games and more time to play those games?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice timing for Ashes Cricket. Very smart addition with the first test tomorrow, interest will be high.

jeyu

Dec 6, 2018
Yay cricket! That's the one guys . Slay the spire is good , but don't come close to cricket.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Jackbox game, nice. Been meaning to pick one of those up on one of the many sales but I was hesitant, this should make me finally understand whether they're worth my time and money.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll should be thankful for getting Slay The Spire if you haven't played it yet. Best game they've featured in months

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... if a game is listed as Xbox Game Pass Ultimate then it's available on both Xbox and PC if you have the Ultimate subscription? I find the way they are listing these very confusing...
No, that would make no sense given all the games they listed have it. You have access to these games with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate whether they're only on Game Pass for PC, console, or both.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Its the first time that I see a list that nothing is of my interest. Not a big problem though, my Game Pass backlog is pretty big already

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A Jackbox game, nice. Been meaning to pick one of those up on one of the many sales but I was hesitant, this should make me finally understand whether they're worth my time and money.
If you have a group of likeminded aka twisted friends, the Jackbox is great fun. They do pad the packs out with 1 or 2 classics and the rest is just overly complicated and convoluted mess. Stick to Drawful, Quiplash and Fibbage. The more recent versions have the option to add your own stuff or access ones other have made. For example, you can get the Cards Against Humanity packs for Quiplash XL.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

No. It means you get the games with both subscriptions.

They have three subscription services, so they mention with each game which subscription service receives which games. Games like Ashes Cricket and Pandemic are not available on Game Pass on PC.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
In this case:

Pandemic (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

It's more like "available for Xbox Game Pass for console subscribers and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers", since an XGPU gives you access to the game too.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Not gonna lie, I've played jackbox (a couple different versions but they seem like they're all pretty similar) quite a few times at a friend's place for Friday night get togethers and it is always a blast. Depending on people's originality or thought process you can get some pretty good laughs out of it.

Not a game I'd play on my own time, but if you have like 5 or 6 people over it's perfect.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Jackbox Party Pack is always fun. Do think Party Pack 1 is still the best tho. Had the most fun playing Fibbage and Drawful.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Did we know Slay the Spire was coming to Xbox (officially, at least) before this? Regardless, definitely gonna put some time into that.

Where is Life is Strange 2 episode 3
WHERE IS life is strange s2ep3?

i was sure they promised it on Gp 3 month after released. It's been 3 month
So I have no actual knowledge about this, but my prediction would be that with Gamescom around the corner and Microsoft marketing the game, they've delayed it a couple of weeks for the Inside Xbox. Wouldn't be surprised by a trailer for episode 4 as that episode will be released a few days after, followed by "and you can play Episode 3 through Xbox Game Pass right now".

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Life is Strange Episode 3, Blair Witch and Gears 5 coming in the next 5 weeks. Would be surprised to see many other big names this month.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Did we know Slay the Spire was coming to Xbox (officially, at least) before this? Regardless, definitely gonna put some time into that.

So I have no actual knowledge about this, but my prediction would be that with Gamescom around the corner and Microsoft marketing the game, they've delayed it a couple of weeks for the Inside Xbox. Wouldn't be surprised by a trailer for episode 4 as that episode will be released a few days after, followed by "and you can play Episode 3 through Xbox Game Pass right now".

You might be onto something. Let's see.