• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
But I assume that this was also by entente powers that were already at war with Ottoman Empire so if there would had been operation then saving armenians would had only been side objective (just like saving jews in WWII). Not the actual reason for the operation. Germany was ally of Ottoman empire and did nothing.
That's a good point re: Germany. My main thought regarding the map drawn was Woodrow Wilson's Armenia known as the Wilsonian Armenia. At that time America wasn't really a Worldwide power as we know it today of course.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm pretty convinced we're living through the worst crime since the Holocaust. And honestly I'm not sure anyone can stop it this time. No one's going to war with nuclear China, and their development is too far along
to bend them on this through economics, but there should still be significant efforts to de-couple western economies from China to punish them for this, even if it's unlikely to stop it, and even if you can't immediately pivot to full embargo.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Where the fuck is Turkey in all of this? Aren't Uighurs Turkic in ethnic origin?

www.npr.org

'I Thought It Would Be Safe': Uighurs In Turkey Now Fear China's Long Arm

Once viewed as a refuge by members of the Muslim minority group, Turkey has detained Uighurs and told them to hush criticism about the Chinese government. Some have already been deported.

Just five years ago, Turkish President Recep Tayipp Erdogan declared that he would always keep Turkey's doors open for Uighur refugees. Last February, Turkey's Foreign Ministry called China's Xinjiang camps "a great embarrassment for humanity."

But when Erdogan visited Beijing last summer to boost ties with China, he told reporters that those who "exploited" the Uighur issue are undermining Beijing-Ankara relations. Since then, he has been silent on the issue.

In 2018, as Turkey's lira was plummeting, in part because of U.S. sanctions, China gave Turkey a $3.6 billion loan. Chinese investors are also financing a third suspension bridge across the Bosporus in Istanbul, though concern about the new coronavirus pandemic has led to project delays.

"China, for Turkey, is quite an important economic partner," says Cevdet Yilmaz, the vice chairman and foreign policy chief of the ruling Justice and Development Party, the AKP. "We have a big trade volume with China. We hope that we can also sell our goods to the rising middle class of China."

Oct 27, 2017
WHY THE FUCK ARE AMERICANS SO SELF-CENTERED FOR FUCK SAKE
The tweet is about how fucking evil China is while the comments all argue whether Trump has an hand on this
Qa
The US in normal times is the only country that can (or would) act unilaterally on something like this. It's a disgrace that no one in the world is speaking up about this.

That video have me chills

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
No no no, they're just being "reeducated" you see. Those masks over their eyes are actually vr headsets. We even provided free transportation to get there!

FUCK the CCP. Most evil, miserable government on this horrible planet. If corona taught us anything it's that money trumps everything and no one will do squat about this

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Please don't feel that way, it's not like you have any control over the CCP.

No one does and that's the most disheartening thing about this entire situation. China was at least fearful of the U.S on the national stage in the 90's, but they've grown and become so entrenched as a superpower that they can pull shit like this and not bat an eye.

I'm glad Canada is still standing its ground on the Huawei CFO and these condemning these human rights violations but we're in the minority on this as that joint statement showcased.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
www.google.nl

UN Human Rights Council Divided Over China’s Xinjiang Policies

More than one million Muslim Uighurs in Xinjiang region have been detained in reeducation camps that critics say are aimed at destroying indigenous culture and religious beliefs

UN is in a lock because a bunch of fuckers don't care.

Call out the enablers:
Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, and Russia
These are the ones to put pressure on if you want to get to China

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's unbelievable that this is happening and that the rest of the world is barely even acknowledging it, let alone actually doing something about it.

From the very start the CCP was clearly no good and not a government anyone should ever deal with. But people like easy money and lots of it and that's what China offered. People fooled themselves, rather too easily, with these notions that opening Chinese markets, introducing Capitalism and Western culture would somehow transform the country and pull it away from Communism/Authoritarianism, which was always so stupid.

Now China's web of economic, political and military influence is spread so far and wide no one is willing to really take a stand against them to try and stop these atrocities. And bodies like the UN show how completely corrupt and ineffective they are when so many member states required to let the body do anything are nearly just as corrupt or horrible.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I don't even want to think about how many people have already been murdered. By the end of this, Xi's death count will probably be higher than Hitler's. Absolutely sickening. And on a related note: as a leftist, I just wanna say a big "fuck you" to anyone who also claims to be leftist, while supporting this monstrous regime and attempting to downplay or deny the CCP's crimes against humanity. There is nothing communist about Xi's regime, and even if there was, there is still no justification for these atrocities.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Umschlagplatz_loading.jpg
I'm trying to think of a single difference between the two acts.

Silk blindfolds maybe?

Deleted member 15311

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never thought i'd live to see something like this happen, i mean, history must teach us something. But here we are. This is disgusting and disheartening.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
A country's government that chooses to reject its own history (and I guess the history of others) is choosing to relive a cycle of mistakes, bloodshed, and immorality. No fucking surprise.

No country wants to touch this and mess with their economic stability. Will this eventually be North Korea on steroids?

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sickening that nobody's going to do anything about this. Even those countries criticizing China, are they going to put their money where their mouth is or is it all just lip service?

Oct 27, 2017
The US should invoke The Magninsky Act on the leadership in China, that'll make them squirm. They've already done it with a few minor officials but I don't think anyone in Beijing has been touched by it yet.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sickening that nobody's going to do anything about this. Even those countries criticizing China, are they going to put their money where their mouth is or is it all just lip service?

Europe is trying to balance on a line that no longer exists. It's painfully clear the CCP lead by Xi is making a hegemonic play wherein you'll be punished by whole of state actions for speaking out in your own country. That's why I find it odd people think Chinese companies can ever be truly independent of Chinese security laws. CCP says jump, they jump. There's no actual rule of law there when the CCP wants something done.

Dec 31, 2017
It's depressing how many Muslim majority countries are on the later list, you'd think they'd be at the forefront of the criticism against China.

It's not surprising at all for the less developed nations. I believe Imran Khan from Pakistan initially spoke up, but the country is ultimately dependent on China for development in that tumultuous region and disappointingly quieted down.

I generally don't ever expect anything from Saudi Arabia ever.

But I agree, it's really depressing.

I never thought i'd live to see something like this happen, i mean, history must teach us something. But here we are. This is disgusting and disheartening.

Yeah things like this are happening all the time. What happened in Rwanda was not that long ago. Srebrenica as well. Hell the Rohingyas are actively being eliminated.

History is forgotten very quickly.

At this point I am grateful I live in a stable part of the world.

anamika

May 18, 2018
I believe Imran Khan from Pakistan initially spoke up, but the country is ultimately dependent on China for development in that tumultuous region
Pakistan was one of the many muslim majority countries that signed on to a letter telling the world that China was doing nothing wrong when it came to it's treatment of the Uighurs.

As for being dependent on them for development, Pakistan is getting more and more into the debt trap with China and getting shitty infrastructure in return with local Pakistanis losing jobs to Chinese workers. But I do agree, it's pretty much too late now and Pakistan is indeed very much tied in with and dependent on China and they can do nothing but kowtow to everything China says and does.

Deleted member 15311

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not surprising at all for the less developed nations. I believe Imran Khan from Pakistan initially spoke up, but the country is ultimately dependent on China for development in that tumultuous region and disappointingly quieted down.

I generally don't ever expect anything from Saudi Arabia ever.

But I agree, it's really depressing.

Yeah things like this are happening all the time. What happened in Rwanda was not that long ago. Srebrenica as well. Hell the Rohingyas are actively being eliminated.

History is forgotten very quickly.

At this point I am grateful I live in a stable part of the world.
Yes, just this past week they were talking about the Srebrenica massacre, people here in the company i work (in their 20's) were asking what's so important about that. I don't know how this kind of brutallity keeps happening, while the rest of the world is discussing economy and crap like that.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Time to sanction them into space until they stop! Stop acting like invertabrates Europe, use your damn spine!

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, just this past week they were talking about the Srebrenica massacre, people here in the company i work (in their 20's) were asking what's so important about that. I don't know how this kind of brutallity keeps happening, while the rest of the world is discussing economy and crap like that.
And that happened on Europe's fucking doorstep, not half a world away in the deserts of Central China

This world will never change, the weak will always be prey to the strong.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
They are poised to get away with it with no consequences. The rest of the world is full of cowards.

Slave labor, imprisonment, organ harvesting...it's fucking disgusting.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Everything is so fucked up right now. US is not going to say shit about this.

The US is actually doing a lot, including sanctioning officials under the Magentsky act, Declaring CCP's actions in the South China Sea Illegal (and sending 2 Carriers to the seas to support allies), and pressuring allies to not take Huawei 5G towers, sweeping Travel ban against the CCP, Bipartisan legislation around Hong Kong etc

This was from 16 days ago:

Trump Administration Strongly Warns U.S. Businesses Against Contributing to China’s Human Rights Abuses | Homeland Security

The U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issue a joint advisory urging U.S. companies to monitor their activities in China.

Congress:

www.reuters.com

Bill targeting banks over China's Hong Kong law passes U.S. Senate

The U.S. Senate unanimously approved legislation on Thursday to penalize banks doing business with Chinese officials who implement Beijing's draconian new national security law on Hong Kong, sending it to the White House for President Donald Trump's signature.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
India is likely to invite Australia to the Malabar Exercises, Would make it the first time that all four QUAD members held joint military exercises, CCP will be sure to throw a fit about it.

www.voanews.com

India to Invite Australia to Join Naval Drill in Effort to Contain China

Australia’s Inclusion in the Malabar exercises along with India, US and Japan could see four key naval powers join hands

NEW DELHI - In a significant move to strengthen defense cooperation between India, Japan, Australia and the United States with an eye on countering China, New Delhi is firming up plans to invite Australia to take part in naval exercises in the Indian Ocean.

India has been wary about including Australia in the annual Malabar exercises due to fears of antagonizing China, but the recent military confrontation with Beijing along their Himalayan border will prompt New Delhi to deepen strategic ties with Indo Pacific countries, according to analysts.

"India was moving in that direction, but China's aggressive behavior has accelerated the pace of India partnering with the U.S. and other like-minded countries like Australia and Japan," says Rajeswari Rajagopalan Pillai, distinguished fellow at the Observer Research Foundation in New Delhi.

New Delhi is expected to invite Australia later this month following clearances at the top level and consultations with the U.S. and Japan, according to Indian defense officials who cannot be quoted due to rules.

"It is almost done," says former navy spokesman D.K. Sharma. "Countries like India and Australia see no option but to come into a construct which will aim to contain Beijing."

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Straight up Nazi shit and the world is going to sit by and let it happen

It's disgusting that the world never learns

It really is. It's always disgusted me to think that the world would have been fine with Nazi Germany if they had kept to their own borders. Pre-war Hitler had a lot of international praise.

No one wants to poke China though, so I guess crimes of humanity are ok. I'm going to be sick.