• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
My heart just sank.

I've been following stories about the Uighurs since 2008 or so.

How the fuck did China even get ahold of that western part of the country? It shouldn't even be part of China proper.

Just like Hong Kong disappearing, I think the world is getting darker due to the CCP.

idk how or why we even have ccp bootlickers here
Probably just CCP misinformation trolls like those on every social media.

Swish

Banned
Jul 4, 2020
I mean its not s surprise. The fact is the world hates Muslims. Half the word are busy hating on Muslims themselves so why would there be outrage.

Israel itself is one of the few counries to openly and ethusiastically support Genocide against Rohingya. So when Israel is free to engage in genocide against Muslims without any blowback, think the game is lost. Its not just China, seems like our media hates them too.

Israel's Shameful Role in Myanmar's Genocidal Campaign Against the Rohingya
Peace icon turned pariah Aung San Suu Kyi is in The Hague defending Myanmar from genocide charges. Israel gave Myanmar's military regime the tools and diplomatic space to carry out those atrocities

The few countries that did speak out against Uigur atrocities are so dependant on China they couldnt do much. Imran Khan, Pakistans leader I believe is the only World leader who spoke out. One world leader.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
The reality is that these people are muslim, so be default a lot of the world does not care. And the muslim countries that can actually say something stay quite because Chine has them by their necks.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently conquering the world using money works really well.
The roman empire figured that out, its not a new tactic, and if you rich enough you can turn people against their own......

About the drone. This was never supposed to happen again, so how is it happening now? Why are we still buying shit made in china?

TheBuck

Jan 22, 2018
Umschlagplatz_loading.jpg
/thread

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This is horrific.

Straight out of a history book and no one does anything.

About the drone. This was never supposed to happen again, so how is it happening now? Why are we still buying shit made in china

It will always happen again unless people take action.

There will always be monsters and megalomaniacs.

We had Hitler, now we have Trump and Winnie the Pooh.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Chinazis being chinazis, what you gonna do? Not even Muslim countries want to do shit and keep signing business deals with CCP.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
Governments have traded their empathy for the almighty dollar and turn a blind eye because of economic ramifications.

It's happening in plain sight for all to see.

History repeats itself once again and history will not be kind looking back at our generation.

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I wonder just how much longer will the world shut their eyes and pretend nothing is going on. The whole world doesn't want to acknowledge how this evil shit is going on. Even the so called "muslim" countries don't care.

Fucking CCP and their supporters man. Pieces of shit.

Oct 30, 2017
The reality is that these people are muslim, so be default a lot of the world does not care. And the muslim countries that can actually say something stay quite because Chine has them by their necks.
I think it has more to do with the fact that this is happening in China. And people don't care in the same way if countries like China, Russia or Iran are committing crimes like this. I don't expect any protests on the streets of western countries for example.

Oct 26, 2017
Those PS5s aren't going to build themselves.
Vile shit. And we're just going to let this happen, right in front of our eyes, so we don't miss out on our affordable electronics.
Any company that still produces in China deserves to go out of business.
They are all complicit in this.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Nothing will be done. Cutting ties with China will be a huge economic blow for the majority of the First World countries and no one is going to sacrifice their stability over some Muslims in concentration camps.

Muslim countries that can do shit about it are too much in love with Chinese corps building all kinds of infrastructure for a very affordable price to care about this issue. So, unless something drastic happens, there's nothing good in store for Uighurs.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has more to do with the fact that this is happening in China. And people don't care in the same way if countries like China, Russia or Iran are committing crimes like this. I don't expect any protests on the streets of western countries for example.
Switch out the muslim part of their identity with Christianity and tell me if the world would not care.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This is probably one of those times that Godwin's Law isn't reductio ad Hitlerum but an actual, horrifying, depressingly accurate conclusion.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Sickening. The parallels to Nazi Germany and it's treatment of jewish people is absolutely bone-chilling.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
The only course of action I see is getting our production out of China, sanction them and then hoope the the people rebel against there shitty government, but that doesn't seem to be working in Iran or NK.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is this new footage or the same as what came out last September?

Not that it excuses it, just wondering. It's good it is going viral.
Yeah same situation

The only course of action I see is getting our production out of China, sanction them and then hoope the the people rebel against there shitty government, but that doesn't seem to be working in Iran or NK.
Well sanctions or other economic policies would work better in this case, but yeah I don't expect any major 'rebelling' internally.

Oct 25, 2017
China knows they will get away with it, even using them as slave labor in factories isn't not going to make your average joe stop buying products from there.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
We are all complicit in this (although admittedly a lot of us not by choice). An authoritarian "communist" Administration able to escape a Holocaust because global capitalism is afraid of losing its cheap Chinese goods.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think we'll ever have a flashpoint in history like WW2 again making the notion of "Never again" deeply troublesome in our current globalised economy. There's significant Chinese investment in parts of the world that would baffle some.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
Switch out the muslim part of their identity with Christianity and tell me if the world would not care.
I agree, but on the other hand, there are some big countries with a muslim majority / government as well. Why do they not seem to care either? Too busy with their own problems? Afraid to be called out for their own wrongdoings? Money?

Either way, terrible footage. Stop buying anything made in China, people.

Oct 27, 2017
www.forbes.com

Persecuted Christians Are Not Given Much Hope In 2020

In January 2020, Open Doors, an international NGO advocating on behalf of persecuted Christians, released their annual World Watch List. The World Watch List provides an assessment of 50 countries where Christians face the most severe types of persecution.
They don't care much

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Apple, Hasbro and other companies plan on moving there production out of China, which seems good, but I can also see CCP get even more ruthless and nationalistic, when they loose there buisines ties with the west.

The world is fucking terrible. Why do the evil bastards always end up ruling?
Because they are the ones ruthless enough to end up in power.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Seperating our economies from China is the only thing we could really do. Even then it won't stop them.

Literally they are a nuclear power and we can at best impose economic sanctions but we can't escalate too much with the the threat of war. Nuclear weapons have basically made it impossible to interfear in these situations

anamika

May 18, 2018
This is why world governments moving against companies with ties to the CCP like Huawei and Tik-Tok is good. But for some reason, Era is against that - calling it xenophobia with whataboutism about Facebook and Google. Yes, Facebook and google are problematic, but isn't damaging the CCP also a good thing? Even if the Trump administration is the one doing it?

Hitting them where it counts - money - is the only way to to try and help oppressed communities in China. The Chinese people support the CCP because of all the economic development, jobs and money they bring in - take it away and the CCP are not going to be in a great place.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
I don't know how, but every country that prides themselves in their freedom and democracy should be combating this, not just the US.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing will be done. Cutting ties with China will be a huge economic blow for the majority of the First World countries and no one is going to sacrifice their stability over some Muslims in concentration camps.

Muslim countries that can do shit about it are too much in love with Chinese corps building all kinds of infrastructure for a very affordable price to care about this issue. So, unless something drastic happens, there's nothing good in store for Uighurs.
Yup. The only thing that will make someone act is if China attacks a country that the West cares about. Which would make no sense at all, so nothing will happen.

Remember that no one really cared what the Nazis did either until they were forced by the the Axis to act.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Absolutely sickening.

Nothing will be done about China, much like how nothing is being done about Israel.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
For anything to be done about this, this needed to be happening to a White Christian minority instead of a Turkic Muslim minority.

But the very structure of the World we live in means White Christian people would never end up in a situation like this in any part of the World.

This Vice doc is worth watching

This woman is very brave. I recall 2 of her previous videos, one about the live animal markets in China (before Coronavirus) and in Italy during the Pandemic.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like as long as money is exchanging hands, countries will turn a blind eye to this. Really sucks.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
China as a political entity in gestalt is incredibly imperialistic, at least in this current administration.
I think while it has differences from Nazi Germany, it is not above using the same control tactics, including mass genocide to expand influence and control over its territories and the surrounding area.

Although my parents are so irrationally anti-China that they will support morons like Trump (who by the way DOES NOT CARE about China's human rights violations, but rather admires them!), they are right to be wary that their homeland of Vietnam and most of South East Asia is probably on some brink of being swallowed up wholly (just the South China Sea 9 dash line stuff is more than some joke attempt of gerrymandering going on).

I would not be surprised if the next major world war is centered on the east asian theatre. Though I fear there is little that can be done for the Uigyhurs to intervene on their behalf unless countries are ready to start that war.