• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

What in the world is the CCP doing? Poor people.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn, this is just fucking awful in every sense of the word. The fact that most of the world cares so little about these people says so much. It just makes me sick inside to even know this is happening as we speak.

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Umschlagplatz_loading.jpg

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on Reddit yesterday. Fucking infuriating and chilling...legit fuck the CCP and that piece of dog shit Xi to hell and back. This is beyond infuriating. These people better get justice

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Straight up Nazi shit and the world is going to sit by and let it happen

It's disgusting that the world never learns

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Trump talks so much shit about China, but he never mentions doing anything to stop this shit, which might actually help his public image.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Oh god, just that imagery of the lines, the trains... Fuck. You can't help but see the Nazi parallels here. It's so overt and brazen.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At what point is conversation here about modern day China treated more akin to conversing about Nazi Germany than a random country considered to be a "bad" actor.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The US has condemned this at least, although with a broken foreign policy I don't expect that to mean much.
www.nbcnews.com

China says it will retaliate after Trump approves Uighur Muslims sanctions law

"China will resolutely take countermeasures, and all the consequences arising therefrom must be fully borne by the United States," a senior official said.
home.treasury.gov

Treasury Sanctions Chinese Entity and Officials Pursuant to Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act

Washington – Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctioned one Chinese government entity and four current or former government officials in connection with serious rights abuses against ethnic minorities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region...
It also seems like the CCP no longer cares about maintainin the charade of decency.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
outside of boycott/divest/sanctions on china, what exactly can be done here

they have nukes so war isn't a realistic option, unless they do full blown invasions of other nations I guess.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a rare case where Trump's attitude of not giving a shit about anything could be a positive if he were to speak out against this. Doubt he will though. And if he did, still not sure anyone else would care.

Trump wouldn't condemn this because he absolutely dreams of being able to do this to his own enemies.

Those poor people, it's the treatment of the people by Nazi Germany all over again, just seeing that made me feel nauseous.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
As long as China doesn't pull a Pearl Harbor and antagonize someone, no one's gonna do anything for these people. God knows if we'll ever even find out how many people were subjected to this.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Evil as all hell. Fuck.

They're so open about it. Like they know no one is going to do anything that'd actually hurt.

ecnal

Oct 27, 2017
As long as China doesn't pull a Pearl Harbor and antagonize someone, no one's gonna do anything for these people. God knows if we'll ever even find out how many people were subjected to this.

Unbelievably sad, and even more disheartening that the above will most certainly be true.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Trump talks so much shit about China, but he never mentions doing anything to stop this shit, which might actually help his public image.
Trump doesn't hate China for their politics and ethics. He doesn't give a shit. He only cares about money and what the virus did to him politically

julian

Oct 27, 2017
A good reminder how something like the Holocaust was able to happen. The world knew what the Nazis were doing but as long as it didn't affect them, they didn't intervene. Maybe they didn't know the full extent of what was happening, but they saw enough. Jews gathered up, loaded onto trains. This is no different. What we see is only the surface of what is going on. And what happens when China doesn't know what to do with the Uighurs anymore?

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
WHY THE FUCK ARE AMERICANS SO SELF-CENTERED FOR FUCK SAKE
The tweet is about how fucking evil China is while the comments all argue whether Trump has an hand on this

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Is this new footage or the same as what came out last September?

Not that it excuses it, just wondering. It's good it is going viral.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
WHY THE FUCK ARE AMERICANS SO SELF-CENTERED FOR FUCK SAKE
The tweet is about how fucking evil China is while the comments all argue whether Trump has an hand on this
I agree it shouldn't be the focus, but most of the world won't even say a peep. People in China can't really vote out the CCP, so the only real fix for this would be a functional US exerting pressure and/or other countries growing a spine in regards to China. I don't think either will happen, but those are the only real possible solutions to this.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Jesus Christ. Still waiting for this issue to make mainstream news. If I didn't read articles that I randomly find online I would never have know about the plight of the Uighur.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
This is a modern version of Lenin's gulags we're witnessing and no one will lift a finger to stop it. Our corporate overlords grovel at China's feet now and so they apply pressure to governments to do nothing. Bringing China into the WTO was a grave mistake.