• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Posted by JetroPT

Finally, we are super excited to confirm that the game comes with a full trophy set including a Platinum. And we hope some of the trophies we included will make you laugh!

There you have it! That was a brief overview of what Astro's Playroom has in store for you when you get your hands on PlayStation 5. We at Team Asobi had a blast making this game. It is pre-loaded in every PS5, meaning it is our gift to you, the amazing PlayStation community. We would not be here without you and we wanted to show you our most sincere appreciation. Astro will be back with news soon. Until then, have a great time with your PS5 and above all, stay warm and safe!

See you around, friends!
blog.playstation.com

Unleash the power of the DualSense wireless controller with Astro’s Playroom

Team Asobi’s platformer comes pre-installed on every PS5 and is packed full of PlayStation Easter eggs.

Last edited:

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
39891228293_13c532f352_o.gif

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I might play the entirety of this before getting to any other game.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Giving this game away for free helps gain a lot of 'mindshare' for Astro. It makes complete sense that the plan is to take advantage of that by making more Astro games.

Rescue Mission brought unexpected critical acclaim, now Playroom will bring the audience, next up is a AAA non VR retail game.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
If we get a sequel, Im in but hopefully is more complex than the first one, that worked great as a VR demo (best use of VR) but the game always felt boring compared to other 3D platformers.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the original so I don't know how it'd work, but it would be cool to have a non-VR version for PS5.

Those are just additional trophies for the base game. KF talked about it in their review.

Ah, seems you're right. Neglected to look at the trophies themselves and one is for "Cleared the game and got the New Generation artefacts," so wouldn't make much sense for that to be DLC.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Rescue Mission 2 as a launch title for PSVR2. C'mon Sony, I beg you.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Ah, seems you're right. Neglected to look at the trophies themselves and one is for "Cleared the game and got the New Generation artefacts," so wouldn't make much sense for that to be DLC.

Yeah it's a strange way of doing trophies that I've not seen before, so it's not surprising it's leading to some confusion. It's only because Kinda Funny mentioned it that I picked up on it.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of DLC, given the reaction the games gotten.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep, another want for a AAA PSVR2 launch title from them, please. They were so good at making use of VR and I'm sure they'd do it again with whatever improvements PSVR2 has while making another excellent game. It'd be an immediate pickup with the hardware after the first game was so good.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Omg, if they patched in DualSense support into the VR game… the haptics and adaptive trigger tech in VR is going to blow people's minds.

I only played the demo and I can't remember, do you need the motion controls\camera tracking?

That would be cool anyway, I was only talking about performance boost

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I only played the demo and I can't remember, do you need the motion controls\camera tracking?

That would be cool anyway, I was only talking about performance boost
Hmm you're right, you do need the tracking. I wonder if they could fudge it like Nintendo does on the JoyCons just using accelerometer/gyros?

What we really need is PSVR2 with new Move controllers that have the new haptics and adaptive tiggers (plus analog sticks).