• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Why try to change society so that more people have better education and opportunities so that they don't have to turn to crime when you can just shoot 'em dead, right?

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really about you or I being responsible, but what are the laws in society that lead to grave injustices? I think we have enough stats at hand to prove that current gun laws in the United States are a serious cause of problems, to put it as mildly as possible.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Since my 2 guns have never killed a soul I'm not going to take the blame for that. It's fascinating that people think it's ok to blame all gun owners for every gun death. Do you consume alcohol ? Are you responsible for all the associated death and damage caused by it?

There is not an alcohol lobby preventing laws against drunk driving from passing. Also alcohol has other purposes than killing things. Bad example.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
There is not an alcohol lobby preventing laws against drunk driving my passing. Bad example.
That's not even the primary problem with that example. Alcohol doesn't exist primarily to cause grave bodily harm to human beings. When someone drinks themselves to death or causes a fatal accident it's because they're using alcohol in a way that's not intended.

When you shoot someone though...

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
That's not even the primary problem with that example. Alcohol doesn't exist primarily to cause grave bodily harm to human beings. When someone drinks themselves to death or causes a fatal accident it's because they're using alcohol in a way that's not intended.

Yeah. I think I edited my post before you replied with the same thought.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Disingenuous and inflammatory false equivalences across multiple posts in this thread.

It's unfortunate that so many people drink for the purpose of getting drunk regardless of the manufacturer s desires. If you drink you are responsible for all the deaths associated with alcohol. We should immediately move to reinstate prohibition. Anything short of that is completely unreasonable unless you want children to die so you can drink

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
There is not an alcohol lobby preventing laws against drunk driving from passing. Also alcohol has other purposes than killing things. Bad example.
What the user was saying (I think) is they are not necessarily a part of that lobby. I own a couple firearms and I donate to anti-gun causes and detest the NRA and fully support 2A reforms.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
RE: home invasion

Wouldn't it make more sense to put your gun money into stronger security systems, non-lethal weapons and/or basic combat training.
You know, as opposed to having a death toy lying around?

A gun is "easier" because you point at somebody to shoot and kill, and let's not get into disarming via gun or non-lethal aiming because in a perceived dire situation - unless somebody is well trained - I don't expect people to know what they're going to do other than point and kill.
At the end of the day gun owners just want their toys, right?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
It's unfortunate that so many people drink for the purpose of getting drunk regardless of the manufacturer s desires. If you drink you are responsible for all the deaths associated with alcohol. We should immediately move to reinstate prohibition. Anything short of that is completely unreasonable unless you want children to die so you can drink
Again, why are guns manufactured? When you kill someone with a gun it's fulfilling its intended purpose. You don't have to be an irresponsible gun owner to cause a tragedy, they happen each and every day. If you believe that guns are deserving of a place in our society them you are saying it's worth risking those tragedies.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
No I wouldn't agree with that. For the purposes of committing a crime, you can really only use one gun anyway. Putting a gun limit in households to one wouldn't accomplish anything, and only punishes the 99.9% of gun owners who are lawful and responsible.

What I'm for is stricter gun laws like we have here in CA, and changes to the laws as it pertains to people who have certain mental illnesses being able to acquire guns.

And no problem :)

these same laws should apply to you. you are a regular citizen: you don't need a gun, even if it to "protect" you from the mythical boogeyman breaking into your home.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
The problem is just the amount of fear in the American society. Fear helped to keep the audience at fox news and other similar operating news outlets. I'm glad that our media isn't at this point yet.