• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is banking on people thinking it's in the MCU for the ticket sales. Now get Marilyn Manson for the title theme.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I sure hope we're looking at another Venom phenomenon here. Then again, the cameo ensures it. Now I'm hyped for a Leto v Hardy v Holland movie.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I want to see an ultra 90s edgefest with Morbius, Venom, Ghost Rider and Spawn fighting against a coven of churchgoing suburban moms who don't allow their children to go to Wrestelmania.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
clipboard01jek97.png

Spoilers The Doctor sends Leto back to his home planet.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I feel like I'm in a car going to prom, and Sony just parked, and turned over.

Sony: You saved Venom from flopping, and I could never forget something like that, so I'll give you one chance. You ready? You watch Morbius, you forget any of Andrew Garfield's movies happened. And don't you ever, ever interfere with my business again, because if you do, I'll kill you, and everyone that you love. I'll kill you dead. That's what I'll do to protect my IPs. MCU fans, you understand? Hey. I just saved Spider-Man's life. Now, what do you say?

MCU fans: Thank you...

Sony: You're welcome. Now, you go in the cinema, and you show Jared Leto a good time, okay? Just not too good...

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the trailer, I was just wondering...Sony...why do I need to watch this? There's nothing there. It's a complete nothing of a movie. I'd rather watch The Fly.

And fuck you for using Keaton.

You know, what fuck it. I want Sony to make a Spidey movie without Feige and I want it to be terrible and bomb. I want everyone at Sony to acknowledge that they're shit at this. I want their Spidey movie to bomb hard.

Ok, that's my rant of the week out the way.
What the hell... Calm down. It's a movie.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest shocker is Keaton being in this. I'm not saying this'll be trash, but I thought he had really high standards for roles, especially after Birdman?
I guess he signed a contract to do multiple films and I guess this is just a cameo. Or maybe he just assumes it would be a hit because it has Marvel on it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah which besides critically and commercially, was a big failure.

It aint something that qualifies as "high standards" either tho

Like im not shocked at all that keaton would agree to be in this. Plus like somebody else mentioned he was also in the robocop remake post-birdman

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Can we do away with "the villain in a glass cell"? For a period of no less than twenty two years.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
As a nerd I can understand it. What I would like is the MCU is established as universe 616, and the Sony universe is 1610.

It doesn't matter? The movies so far have avoided affecting each other in any way. It's like the TV shows that didn't matter to the movies yet played in the same universe. These characters are doing their own thing while Feige MCU will be going their own direction

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll give it this...

Leto makes a far better Morbius than he did Joker, based on the trailer.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
What if the keaton thing was a stinger and they said fuck it and put it in the trailer?

It was 100% the end credit stinger. The question I have is, how did he get out of jail? You'd think...well, I mean, if it's 2024, I guess he could've gotten out on good behavior after 8 years, if he wasn't snapped. Especially since I don't think anyone apart from his two henchmen knows he killed that one guy.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks bland as hell ala Venom, hoping first that it's actually good and second that if it's bad, it doesn't infect the rest of the MCU with its virus.

Do something about your horrible thirst for plasma if old

That said, if it allows for Blade to kill vampires including Morbius we lit

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait until Mahershala dons the sunglasses and cuts him to bits.