• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sera

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Thanks Ill try it now. I also just noticed the gold I made keeps disappearing. Do you lose your money everyday? I had 300 now it's night and says 0?? I wish the game had better explanations for things for sure.
When you use the amulet to teleport out, it costs gold
IIRC 200 for the first floor, 300 for the second.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
When you use the amulet to teleport out, it costs gold
IIRC 200 for the first floor, 300 for the second.

LOL you are amazing thanks - and i was able to adjust prices! Thanks this is WAY more enjoyable now. Oh, and the music, especially night in town?! O M G it's absolutely beautiful I could listen to it on repeat for hours

OP
OP
Sera

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
LOL you are amazing thanks - and i was able to adjust prices! Thanks this is WAY more enjoyable now. Oh, and the music, especially night in town?! O M G it's absolutely beautiful I could listen to it on repeat for hours
I could imagine the game being much less enjoyable when you can't access half the gameplay lol
the music in this game is so chill and

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I could imagine the game being much less enjoyable when you can't access half the gameplay lol
the music in this game is so chill and

Yeah I was so frustrated but now it all clicks and the game is SERIOUSLY addictive.

2 hours in and I highly recommend this game to anyone curious, if you like: Shop Keeper games, zelda dungeons, loot, town building, pixel (?) graphics and wonderful music.

How had I never heard of this game until 2 days ago?!

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
So this is a roguelike. What is the endgame like? Is there a goal or can we keep growing? Overall how much time is needed for the proper "endgame"?

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone found a use for the discount box? i just don't really see the use since most items so far still sell to most npc's for market price and if i'm in a dungeon i just vendor trash through the mirror.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I played this 5 hours straight today, and I only stopped because I NEEDED a break lol. The gameplay loop is very addictive.

I did find it strange that I couldn't fight the first boss again after defeating it

Quick inventory tip, if you press R2 while your cursor is on an item it will jump straight to that items notebook page so you can quickly and easily check its value. Extremely useful when setting up things to sell in the shop, I was manually scrolling and looking for the items for hours before I discovered this...

Also make use of the wishlist feature so you know what items to not sell!

edit: I LOVE how the town music changes when you walk up to the various shops

Last edited:

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was so frustrated but now it all clicks and the game is SERIOUSLY addictive.

2 hours in and I highly recommend this game to anyone curious, if you like: Shop Keeper games, zelda dungeons, loot, town building, pixel (?) graphics and wonderful music.

How had I never heard of this game until 2 days ago?!

Town building???

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a way to figure out where about something should be priced when you first find an item. It is just blind guessing until you get close.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a way to figure out where about something should be priced when you first find an item. It is just blind guessing until you get close.
sell one of the items through the mirror it will show you the lowest value for whatever item you put in.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Well sorta you pay to have ppl move in that offer various services. The buildings are all run down and get filled in as you add more ppl from the town board. Not sure if there is more to it than that later on, i'm still really early

Ah OK, I got really excited about town building on this game.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a few hours on it after work. Definitely delivering on all fronts for me, love running my shop and having an objective for each run. Wether it's a mat run for crafting, prioritizing chests or seeing how deep I can go. We need more games like this!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to buy this when I realised its a bloody roguelike :(
It's not. The only 'rogue' systems are when you die, you drop the items in your inventory. You can buy equipment, buy armor, you perminantly unlock abilities/helpful items, etc. You can even leave a dungeon, heal up, and port right back to where you were for a cost.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Never played this kind of game but loved the trailers so bought it on PS4. So far it's amazing, can see myself really getting into this.
Any tips for more games like this or similar? Switch or PS4.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah dude it's really not, it has some insanely LIGHT elements but other than that it's real straightforward progression and gameplay loop. Dive in!

I quickly realised the guy who said it was earlier in the thread was talking shit after reading a few reviews. Been playing all afternoon, definitely has that Stardew Valley type loop to it, really good.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody here actually beaten it? I've read in steam comments from Recettear lovers that this game is actually pretty shallow and very very light in the shopkeeping side... Can anybody comment on this?

I'm debating whether picking it up now or if it is as simple as they say waiting for the switch version and eventually some content updates...

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody here actually beaten it? I've read in steam comments from Recettear lovers that this game is actually pretty shallow and very very light in the shopkeeping side... Can anybody comment on this?

I'm debating whether picking it up now or if it is as simple as they say waiting for the switch version and eventually some content updates...

The shopkeeping is really addictive, I am not finding the game shallow either. Then again my point of view should mean as little to you as a random steam reviewer lol. Just check reviews from sites you trust. I have played for about 3 hours and havent got passed floor 3 on the first dungeon due to saving gold and tinkering with stuff.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
To toss junk like vines in is my best guess. There doesn't seem to be a "discard" option.

You can discard if you have the items selected (as your cursor, like if you were going to move it) and then close the menu (think you have to close with y? if you use B it puts the item back).

Really enjoying this game so far, like 6 hours in. The shop part reminds me of spending way too much time as Taloon in Dragon quest 4 selling items as a kid haha. The gameplay is fun in the dungeons too, excited to try some more weapons out!

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on this game from someone who also played Swords of Ditto? That one was disappointing to me so I'm wondering how this compares.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
For the unlocks between runs, is it just items or stats and abilities?
Anything you have equipped is kept. Money is kept. The only thing not kept are the items in the bag. It's not a rouge-like, it just has a death penalty.

I've really been enjoying the game, the gameplay loop is good. I keep getting greedy and making stupid mistakes and paying for it.
There does seem to be some replayability if you're going for a platinum trophy (or equivalent.)

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Played a couple hours. Feels like a total grind. Gameplay gets stale quickly and if you want a new weapon or armor you have to pay through the nose. Probably gonna drop it soon.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Anything you have equipped is kept. Money is kept. The only thing not kept are the items in the bag. It's not a rouge-like, it just has a death penalty.

I've really been enjoying the game, the gameplay loop is good. I keep getting greedy and making stupid mistakes and paying for it.
There does seem to be some replayability if you're going for a platinum trophy (or equivalent.)

Thanks, wish the switch version was day one but oh well sounds great.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the game a lot, just unlocked the second dungeon and upgraded my shop!

I tried all the weapons and Spear + Bow was the most satisfying combo.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting, it's not something like Stardew Valley right? I'm in the market for something short with an ending.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
This game is seriously addictive. Hardest time I've had putting a game down since Transistor.

It balances the shopkeeping and dungeon crawling so well. Maybe there's more to come but wish the townbuilding was a little deeper.

Highly recommend it.

stone1024

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I have a question for those of you who have managed to make it work; When you set up a teleportation entrance in a dungeon, how do you get back to it once you're back in town...?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Have been following this game for a while, immediately fell in love with the concept and detailed animations. Glad to hear it turned out great, Day One on Switch for me.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that the town gets busier/livelier with tourists as you clear the dungeons, it's a sweet detail showing that it gets popular as tales of your feats are spread by the citizens.