• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Excited for whatever Moon do next. Hope they make more Ori at some point though.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
We're super excited about this announcement! :)

The goal is to take everything we learned in the last decade through making Ori and craft an ARPG that'll set all new standards. Anyone who has any love for games like Zelda, Souls, Diablo, etc. should get a huge kick out of what we're doing next. And yeah, it's a huge passion project that we've been working on for some time. We've been busy crafting an entire fantasy universe, it's far and away the coolest and most ambitious project I've ever worked on. Cheers! :D

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Ah, gotcha. Thought they'd been acquired.

Curious how Private Division keeps being publisher of things that are on the brink of being Microsoft first-party. Not that we know platforms for Moon's upcoming project yet.
PD secured outer worlds before acquisition. Next project doesn't necessarily mean Ori. I actually expect a new IP.

Edit: confirmed not another 2d side scrolling ori game, literally 1 minute before I submit my post smh

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
PD secured outer worlds before acquisition. Next project doesn't necessarily mean Ori. I actually expect a new IP.

Yeah, I know that. I was just amused at the coincidence of Private Division's involvement in various projects that we have come to tangentially associate with Microsoft for various different reasons.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Anyone who has any love for games like Zelda, Souls, Diablo, etc. should get a huge kick out of what we're doing next.
uu9pmDP.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The goal is to take everything we learned fin the last decade through making Ori and craft an ARPG that'll set all new standards. Anyone who has any love for games like Zelda, Souls, Diablo, etc. should get a huge kick out of what we're doing next. And yeah, it's a huge passion project that we've been working on for some time. We've been busy crafting an entire fantasy universe, it's far and away the coolest and most ambitious project I've ever worked on. Cheers! :D
excited to see more from this project!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

The goal is to take everything we learned in the last decade through making Ori and craft an ARPG that'll set all new standards. Anyone who has any love for games like Zelda, Souls, Diablo, etc. should get a huge kick out of what we're doing next. And yeah, it's a huge passion project that we've been working on for some time. We've been busy crafting an entire fantasy universe, it's far and away the coolest and most ambitious project I've ever worked on. Cheers! :D
Moon is gonna finish Tunic!

:D

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting stuff. I'll be there for Moon's next game, their talent is top notch.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020

nice to know! best of luck to the studio! can you tell if the perspective is locked yet or too early? :b

Moon is gonna finish Tunic!

:D

dude the disrespect! haha Andrew is hard at work everyday on TUNIC with Finji's full support <3

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

that's great to hear! Congrats to you and the whole team on the deal, cant wait to see what it is

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested to see what Roll7 has cooking, OlliOlli was fantastic and I have heard great things about Not a Hero

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017

1000 percent in.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds awesome! Please include an offline only mode for those of us who want one and plan to buy it physical :)!!

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
A new OlliOlli on the switch would be great, after picking up my Vita again recently (to sell it) it made me realise how great OlliOlli2 was and I never did finish it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh wow, I thought Moon Studios was owned by Microsoft. I guess they just own the Ori IP?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Really looking forward to what it is.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

Looking forward to it!

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to all the studios!

Really looking forward to another beautiful Moon Studios game.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm surprised MS didn't lock down Moon's next project after Moon made (hot take here) the two best Microsoft-published games of the past decade.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised MS didn't lock down Moon's next project after Moon made (hot take here) the two best Microsoft-published games of the past decade.
You can't lock down something that's even more confident and ambitious after their success and wants to try their hand at owning their IP and being mutli-platform.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017

Well that doesn't sound absolutely unfuckingbelieveable or anything, does it?! wow, worked on it for some time, too, so maybe we won't have to wait too long before we start seeing something. You sound beyond hyped, gues what? Plenty of people here too now. Those games you mention, if you can make it as accessible as Zelda, rewarding as Souls and replayable as Diablo I think you'll have the only game I ever need lol.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

Congrats to you and your team. I am onboard day one.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
What like when it's on steam, and switch. They don't care about exclusivity.
Of course they care in general. Just because some games are on switch, doesn't mean they don't. And it does not even make sense to compare this situation to ms choosing to release a game on switch.
But not sure why the hell we are discussing this. If you loose a exclusive partnership (especially one critically acclaimed) it's a blow.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they care in general. Just because some games are on switch, doesn't mean they don't. And it does not even make sense to compare this situation to ms choosing to release a game on switch.
But not sure why the hell we are discussing this. If you loose a exclusive partnership (especially one critically acclaimed) it's a blow.
They had 2 games with them and Ori wisps wrapped up well enough that they can just leave it as it is. But I'm sure that door will always be open. They get their next game anyway so why the fuck does it matter. No one was buying an Xbox just to play ori. No disrespect to Ori, games were incredible

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of League of Geeks, but they look like a good bunch judging by their website, and obviously I'm on board for anything MoonStudios is doing.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Private Division's games are all really interesting even if only half of them end up good

Curious to see how these publishing deals turn out

MonsterMech

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017

Wow, that sounds so exciting. Can't wait to here more. Good luck on your new partnership