• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Over/under on the finale being a fight against a giant CGI monster Ammit.

Also wondering if there's a major member of the main cast that has been left out of most pre-release material, all of the previous series had a character that was either completely left out of pre-release marketing or only shown in brief--the twins and fake Pietro in Wandavision, John Walker in Falcon & Winter Soldier, Sylvie in Loki, and Yelena in Hawkeye. But that doesn't really seem to be Moon Knight's style considering how much of it is focusing on one character.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
people really seem to be hammering that the 4th episode is where things get wild including people involved in the show. hmmm very interesting.

Wasn't it also only 4 episodes screened so far for reviewers? If anything they all are focusing on it cause they don't know where the series goes from there

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Over/under on the finale being a fight against a giant CGI monster Ammit.

Also wondering if there's a major member of the main cast that has been left out of most pre-release material, all of the previous series had a character that was either completely left out of pre-release marketing or only shown in brief--the twins and fake Pietro in Wandavision, John Walker in Falcon & Winter Soldier, Sylvie in Loki, and Yelena in Hawkeye. But that doesn't really seem to be Moon Knight's style considering how much of it is focusing on one character.

They haven't announced Marlene is in the show, right?

(Marlene is Moon Knight's most famous love interest and the mother of his daughter. And I know MCU romances tend to be pretty forgettable, but she's still one of the most prominent characters in Moon Knight's world.)

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't announced Marlene is in the show, right?

(Marlene is Moon Knight's most famous love interest and the mother of his daughter. And I know MCU romances tend to be pretty forgettable, but she's still one of the most prominent characters in Moon Knight's world.)
They haven't but from the previews the "Layla" character that calls him on the phone seems to basically be the MCU's version of Marlene Alraune just with a different name/nationality.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They haven't but from the previews the "Layla" character that calls him on the phone seems to basically be the MCU's version of Marlene Alraune just with a different name/nationality.

MCU seems to love doing that, lol. If that's the case I think it's silly. Renaming characters to surprise the audience is silly. It was silly in Spider-Man and it's especially silly here since most people have never heard of Moon Knight before and certainly won't know who Marlene is.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
- Phase 1 and 2 Superheroes and Gods
- Phase 3 Galactic and Interdimentional Heros
- Phase 4 introducing Multiverse and Paranormal

Interesting to see the MCU (or MCM now?) evolve and branch out from just regular superheroes.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
MCU seems to love doing that, lol. If that's the case I think it's silly. Renaming characters to surprise the audience is silly. It was silly in Spider-Man and it's especially silly here since most people have never heard of Moon Knight before and certainly won't know who Marlene is.
I don't think it's to surprise the audience in this case. I think they wanted to make her and her father Egyptian--to both make sure to have at least one member of the main cast be from Egypt considering how much of the show revolves around its ancient mythology, and to avoid any comparisons to cultural looting regarding their archaeology expedition--and they figured "Marlene Alraune" sounded like an odd name for an Egyptian woman.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's to surprise the audience in this case. I think they wanted to make her and her father Egyptian--to both make sure to have at least one member of the main cast be from Egypt considering how much of the show revolves around its ancient mythology, and to avoid any comparisons to cultural looting regarding their archaeology expedition--and they figured "Marlene Alraune" sounded like an odd name for an Egyptian woman.

If this is the case, it's certainly an understandable move.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh wait I'm dumb (just watched it), so when he wakes up in the Alps, it's NOT a dream his other personality took him there and he somehow took over (which is why the voice was pissed). I thought it was some type of surreal dream world, which is why the CG looked off and everything felt fake looking.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait I'm dumb (just watched it), so when he wakes up in the Alps, it's NOT a dream his other personality took him there and he somehow took over (which is why the voice was pissed). I thought it was some type of surreal dream world, which is why the CG looked off and everything felt fake looking.
Correct, that was real. That's why it was Sunday instead of Friday, and why his fish now had two fins instead of one--he was gone for two days, his fish died and his other personality tried to find another fish with one fin to replace his dead one but couldn't find it.

----

The CGI just generally feels like it was rushed. My guess is that Ms. Marvel was originally intended to be the first D+ MCU show this year but it wasn't going to be ready before summer and so they bumped Moon Knight up to fill the early spring void because it likely has fewer effects overall but unfortunately that meant what is there suffered.

Though that's just my speculation, I don't want to talk for those who actually worked on these.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll know on Wed., but was that monster at the end real

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I thought it was going to be out before midnight central and I was very sad to see that wasn't the case.

It was Hawkeye that came out a little early right?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So the suit doesn't show up on film. I guess the fact that his transformation didn't appear in the reflections now has an explanation.

Aaaaand he got fired.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess it's a good thing that one date didn't work out, he's already married.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Mr. Knight! I guess in the MCU, it's for even Steven Grant becomes Moon Knight.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn they are really holding back on showing him suit up even in episode 2...
Also not really a fan of how they decided to turn Mr. Knight into comedic relief like that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn good episode, this show is really working for me so far, loving Oscar's performance

Part of me thought I might grow quickly tired of Steven's personality due to his general reluctance, but he is consistently hilarious so far, poor guy really didn't sign up for this shit

Also Khonshu sure is a dick huh

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only issue I have with this episode is the writing for the Layla character. She just serves as an exposition machine for Marc's other life, and the "stop messing around!!" trope went on for way too long. We learned very little about who she is or what her motivations/goals are. I also think they should have let her take out one or two more henchmen.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it. Some decent lore stuff. I like the menace of Khonshu and the stakes with him leveraging the moon knight mantle as a threat. Steven getting trapped inside was an effective downer.