• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I literally looked into the series a week ago out of curiousity and now this is announced? If it's on mobile then it would be a good way to bring the CD format back as you could just use your on-phone music library in place of it, but a console port would be cool too. Still, eager to hope this comes west. It's been nine years since any installment IIRC

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if its possible to use your .mp3(or other audio formats) files to get monsters.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing on the PS1, and nothing will quite beat that feeling over opening and closing the tray, made it feel legit. I feel like just having the disc being sucked into the machine may kill the hype for me.
Kinda hoping for mobile

Switch confirmed for now
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
What's this game like? I've always wanted to play it since I was a kid but just never got around to it

You insert random CDs (into the PS1 back then) to summon monsters, you raise them and have them fight in tournaments. Your monsters can die from aging or get injured.

I guess if Koei Tecmo wanted to, people could connect a CD drive to the Switch dock via USB to replicate the experience of summoning monsters.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Cool that it's coming to Switch, but really curious to see how it'll actually work. Would be nice if we got info at Gamescom (including confirmation of it coming West).

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not that interested without the CD monster generation, to be quite honest. That was what kept me playing the original game.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forget putting Mr. Domino into the tray to get this in Monster Hunter 2

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
On the Switch and Eshop only, that rules out the possibility that they're gonna do something crazy and include a disc stone branded USB CD drive in the box. Maybe shrining has been replaced by the boring word system from the GBA, I guess we'll know once we find out every system this is coming out on.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a test to see if there still is a market for this franchise.
Anyway, hyped for a 22 y/o game for my switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.