• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone tried this? Not had time to give it a try yet.

I have tried it and the best result on my side is in game AA OFF and force FXAA through driver and I use the reshade "Clear Hunter" preset with it that also includes MXAO in this particular preset.

I tested it on an edge of stairs in the hub very close to the camera and TAA just blurs everything out, in game FXAA is not good enough to remove jaggies but driver FXAA seems to be better combined with the rest above gives me the best image quality I can have. Also forced through driver the AF up to 16X and set image quality to highest.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thank you, I will look into it then. Can't really afford any big performance dips, so I will fiddle with some of the settings to see what happens.
The good thing about ReShade is that it's relatively low budget so it shouldn't really take up any resources.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Any word yet on whether the Monster Hunter World variant of the Special K mod:

i.) Has any issues running on Windows 7 like the Nier: Automata one did?

ii.) Triggers off any anti-cheating detection?

Didn't get any replies at the beginning of the week, wondering if anyone has any answers before I try tinkering with it this weekend?

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
The good thing about ReShade is that it's relatively low budget so it shouldn't really take up any resources.

Depends on the preset but the one I use has little impact..maybe 4-5fps but the image difference is really showing...much more sharp textures without changing the palette.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
Those running the ultrawide mod at 3440x1440, what is the performance like?

I've got a Ryzen 1700 at 3.5GHz and a Titan X Pascal and performance isn't fantastic (around 50-65fps) at max on regular 1440p.

Edit: Tried it myself quickly, not as big a hit as I was expecting, though that's just in the hub. I turned down volumetric lighting (I think it was) to medium, as I couldn't see much of a difference, now it's about the same as before.

Last edited:

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
If any modders are lurking this thread, could any of them give me some insight into how to make texture mods? I want to make a blood mod and also somehow decrease the bloom/amount of scout flies.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Just got to the elder recess and now see what people are talking about with the stuttering issue there. It almost feels like it's on a timer...just randomly seems to skip a frame every few seconds. It's a shame, because other than that and the thunder weapon stuttering the game runs at a surprisingly stable framerate with good frame time performance even on my modest hardware. Really hope they address these issues.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overclocked GTX 1080 and 4.7GHz overclocked i7 8700k. I just set the resolution scaling to variable prioritize framerate and turned off the atmospheric fog. Probably a few more settings I'm forgetting since I'm not at home to check.

Even at high resolution scaling, it's around 40-45fps but I'd rather just go with variable. It looks great still.

Thats not 4k, I have to use variable scaling prioritize frame rate and hate it because it makes the game flicker non stop, and the the game still doesn't feel smooth. 1080ti 8700k.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
Is anyone else getting a constant stutter in Elder's recess? Every 5 seconds or so I get a small dip in fps and it's pretty annoying. It happens in Coral highlands too, but I stop getting them after 30 seconds or so.

OP
OP
.exe

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting a constant stutter in Elder's recess? Every 5 seconds or so I get a small dip in fps and it's pretty annoying. It happens in Coral highlands too, but I stop getting them after 30 seconds or so.

No, but shit gets real bad when I fight Teostra there. It just drops from 50-60 to 20-30 momentarily when he does his blast attacks.

Is this in multiplayer? Because I read similar things when people talked about lightning weapons being used by a teammate across the map.

A few posts above someone else seems to be having the same issue as you.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

No, but shit gets real bad when I fight Teostra there. It just drops from 50-60 to 20-30 momentarily when he does his blast attacks.

Is this in multiplayer? Because I read similar things when people talked about lightning weapons being used by a teammate across the map.

A few posts above someone else seems to be having the same issue as you.
No joke, I think it might be the lightning effect in the sky or some other background effect that just continually cycles. It's really annoying, especially when I was on the Nergigante expedition and nothing much was going on. Hopefully I can ignore it once I'm actually in a fight. Really hope these issues get resolved.

Last edited:

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Yeah there's a microstutter every like 2 seconds in Elder. Literally the same time every time which suggests it's some kind of bug.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Game was running mostly fine a few days ago but suddenly today the game keeps crashing within minutes and recently froze the PC. I have 16GM DDR4 ram, an i7700k, and a GTX 1080.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I updated my bios to 3802 from Asus website which improves systems performance in the update description. I top 51fps when looking out in the Ancient Forest and after updating it went up to 56fps. This will help in certain areas to get close to 60.
Before:
p8gic5C.jpg

After:
nM7rZhD.jpg

butzopower

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm on a laptop with specs:

i7700HQ 2.8Ghz (supposedly turboboosts to 3.8Ghz, my frequency in CoreTemp fluctuates a lot)
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
16 GB RAM

I can get about 40 to 50 frames in the village @ 1080, but I get odd framedrop stuttering about every 2 or 3 seconds, no matter where I am. I've dropped the resolution and put everything on low, and it doesn't seem to matter, always stutters every 2 or 3 seconds. Am I just screwed on CPU?

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
The stuttering issue is ever present in Elder Recess and it's also really bad when somebody has a lightning weapon or when using a blast weapon and the effect procs. I've also encountered a sound glitch where certain sound effects will play endlessly and at higher volume even after the event that triggers them has long expired. For example I was gathering in elder recess and got interrupted mid gather by a bug and that gather noise played until I left the area back to the hub. This has also happened when fighting diablo the noise near the sand falls area where he rests can follow you all over the entire map. Back to stuttering issues when Teo does nova blast it basically like game locks up or wants to crash. Capcom seriously needs to address numerous technical issues with this port.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Away from my PC, on my laptop that isnt nearly as powerful. It has a Nvidia 750m and an i7... Can I live the dream, Era??? Im fine with it looking like a ps1 game if thats what it takes!

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I think unless you have a CPU with a lot of cores, don't disable anything. I have a Ryzen 1700X, and simply disabling simultaneous multithreading was a huge boost in framerate. Bizarre, but I'll take it.

Also, I gotta say, AMD Ryzen Master is a great widget

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Also, I can't seem to disable vol fog when in the Rotten Vale? The setting does nothing but I can still see there being fog. Anyone else getting this?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Kaldaien says that this game probably has bad implementation of multithreading and this is a huge reason for high CPU requirements.
Link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/582010/discussions/3/1745594817439431537/?ctp=86#c1735462352461521093

Will work beautifully on future 100 core CPUs. It's an inverse Crysis.

I updated my bios to 3802 from Asus website which improves systems performance in the update description. I top 51fps when looking out in the Ancient Forest and after updating it went up to 56fps. This will help in certain areas to get close to 60.
Before:
p8gic5C.jpg

After:
nM7rZhD.jpg

This is interesting, I've been running on 3802 for a while due to previous BIOS problems with voltage regulation while overclocking.

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
I've also encountered a sound glitch where certain sound effects will play endlessly and at higher volume even after the event that triggers them has long expired. For example I was gathering in elder recess and got interrupted mid gather by a bug and that gather noise played until I left the area back to the hub. This has also happened when fighting diablo the noise near the sand falls area where he rests can follow you all over the entire map

Yeah, had that one happen to me as well. Sound didn't go away until I went back to hub.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Before:
p8gic5C.jpg

After:
nM7rZhD.jpg
This motivated me to go ahead and update my bios, as well. I think my performance may have gotten worse, since I can't quite hold 60 FPS in Astera, though it got a little better after I restarted the game. Might be from the BIOS I updated to having those CPU security fixes.

OP
OP
.exe

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Kushala did do a number on my frame rate but it's not as bad as Teostra for me, strangely.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason the Pink Rathian really tanks my framerate. I lose a good 20 FPS fighting it at times.

I haven't made it to Kushala yet, but I'm wholly expecting the framerate to tank there too.

EDIT: Might be the ultrawide mod? Guess the extra resolution is too demanding for my weak CPU or GPU or something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
.exe

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I was experiencing full-on freezes in the game earlier this week and thought it was the game. It was probably my CPU's overclock though. Upped the voltage a tad and it's been smooth sailing since.

DAOWAce

Jan 6, 2018
US East
This motivated me to go ahead and update my bios, as well. I think my performance may have gotten worse, since I can't quite hold 60 FPS in Astera, though it got a little better after I restarted the game. Might be from the BIOS I updated to having those CPU security fixes.
#Don'tFixWhatIsn'tBroken

I have a "CPU Microcode" update available for me.. but I sure as hell aren't installing it because it's most likely the performance degrading spectre/meltdown fixes.

I'd rather keep my performance than fix a security risk, until I upgrade my hardware anyway.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ironic that I'm sitting here thinking I can brute force my way to 4K/60 fps lock with a 2080 Ti. This game doesn't even look that good to demand such a crazy video card just to manage this.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt this game supposed to run on some modified varient of mt framework? Why does the perfomance seem so bad? Kinda glad im going to wait it out a bit.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I meant more hitting the 60fps is CPU based with this game. And the "if it's real" since the 2080Ti is just a leak nothing confirmed afaik but I could be wrong.

Do you know how many times a Nvidia Leak turned out to be wrong? Zero. This song and dance has been going on for years.

It's real and it's coming.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
put it this way, the cpu's able to hit 60 are already here, the gpu's to do that on 4k aren't
Not too sure about that given the main issue people are having are related to CPU usage.

Do you know how many times a Nvidia Leak turned out to be wrong? Zero. This song and dance has been going on for years.

It's real and it's coming.
Alright but still seems weird for them to announce a Ti version on the top card when usually they're kept for lower ones like the 50 or 70s but who knows.

Okay so the stutter in Elder's Recess seems to be from the lightning in the background which makes sense considering the already known lightning hit texture stutter guess that means they'd both be fixed at the same time.

Fought Teostra and the only time I got fps drops was during his powder explosion attacks and his supernova. My frames would go down to 15fps when he starts his supernova til the end which at least lets me know when to gtfo of there.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm... My hardware is composed of the following:
  • CPU: i5-6600K 3.50GHz
  • Graphic Card: 1060 GTX 6GB (the ZOTAC one, if that matters)
  • RAM: 16 Go
  • Monitor: Iiyama ProLite E2273HDS-B1 (1920 x 1080 (FHD) ) - 60 Hz
Any idea how my computer would run MHWorld? Assuming driver 398.36 installed instead of 398.82.
I am still waiting for a patch (especially after reading that particule and lightning effects tank the FPS), but I'd like to know what to expect, my main goal being keeping a good framerate (between 50 to 60 minimum). From what I've read, my CPU could be an issue?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hmmm... My hardware is composed of the following:
  • CPU: i5-6600K 3.50GHz
  • Graphic Card: 1060 GTX 6GB (the ZOTAC one, if that matters)
  • RAM: 16 Go
  • Monitor: Iiyama ProLite E2273HDS-B1 (1920 x 1080 (FHD) ) - 60 Hz
Any idea how my computer would run MHWorld? Assuming driver 398.36 installed instead of 398.82.
I am still waiting for a patch (especially after reading that particule and lightning effects tank the FPS), but I'd like to know what to expect, my main goal being keeping a good framerate (between 50 to 60 minimum). From what I've read, my CPU could be an issue?
Here's my somewhat similar setup. Just turn off volumetric rendering if you need a huge fps boost.
I guess it's time to file my report here.

Intel i5 7600 @3.5GHz
GTX 1060 6gb
16 GB RAM
Windows 10
1080p

I started with everything maxed, it only ran at 40-50 fps. Then I set to default High with texture cranked up to Full and volumetric rendering to Mid, and now it's been pretty stable 60fps.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
I think unless you have a CPU with a lot of cores, don't disable anything. I have a Ryzen 1700X, and simply disabling simultaneous multithreading was a huge boost in framerate. Bizarre, but I'll take it.

Also, I gotta say, AMD Ryzen Master is a great widget

Gave this a try on my 1700 and it worked somewhat. Was getting an extra 10 or so frames in some situations. If I didn't have to go into my bios everytime to enable it I would leave SMT off.

Turnpulse

Apr 9, 2018
Thats not 4k, I have to use variable scaling prioritize frame rate and hate it because it makes the game flicker non stop, and the the game still doesn't feel smooth. 1080ti 8700k.

Use scaling med (90% of 4k), so med, fog OFF, she diffuse low, dynamic 32bit and the rest to on. Should give you 60fps with near 4k.

@To all people with stutter in elder recess: it is indeed the lightning coming down every 5 seconds that tanks your FPS.

For some reason the Pink Rathian really tanks my framerate. I lose a good 20 FPS fighting it at times.

I haven't made it to Kushala yet, but I'm wholly expecting the framerate to tank there too.

EDIT: Might be the ultrawide mod? Guess the extra resolution is too demanding for my weak CPU or GPU or something.

If you start dropping FPS hard in certain fights it could be your CPU. Try the special k mod. My [email protected] went from over 90% use in some fights to under 70%.