• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
The good news is, the O-Bon summer vacation week in Japan is over, tomorrow someone will actually be in the office, so things should pick up now.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The good news is, the O-Bon summer vacation week in Japan is over, tomorrow someone will actually be in the office, so things should pick up now.
Wait, so they actually release the game and then go for a whole week vacation? That kinda explains the lack of support so far.

Anyway, concurrent players peak only down by 20k~ in the 2nd weekend, and I believe it's not the real peak yet. That's a huge achievement, especially considering the numerous issues the game has.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
Wait, so they actually release the game and then go for a whole week vacation? That kinda explains the lack of support so far.

Anyway, concurrent players peak only down by 20k~ in the 2nd weekend, and I believe it's not the real peak yet. That's a huge achievement, especially considering the numerous issues the game has.

Imagine how solid the numbers would be without all the game ending disconnecting jank.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't disconnected once since I did that steam fix, and I pretty much exclusively play with a friend of mine. I haven't been getting the daily log in bonuses though, and the event missions give me an error if I try to go to them.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
So far I've been enjoying the port. Despite the CPU and network issues. I just hope that well see the events and updates that the console versions are enjoying, sooner that later.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Steam reviews are now at mixed with 41% being positive. If they don't patch this quickly it's going to turn negative.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any suggestions for great Charge Blades/Skills/Armor sets to aim for?

I've personally been switching between the Rathian poison charge blade and the Great Girros paralysis charge blade. Bagel goose helmet, chest, waist and an earplugs decoration for maxed earplugs, a level 3 artillery charm for phial damage, and then I usually swap out my vambraces or legs for poison or paralysis attack up, and slot in gems to compensate.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, what a pain in the Astalos...
20180819170340_1a3if0.jpg

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are going to end up picking up Generations Ultimate for the Switch entirely because they liked world.

I'm going to be one of them

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how many people are going to end up picking up Generations Ultimate for the Switch entirely because they liked world.

I am, but playing the demo I can already tell I'm probably just going to go back to World. Ultimately the amount of content in that game is appealing but going in reverse with the QOL and the environments are a bummer.

Now if only World had like... twice as many monsters that weren't pallet swaps.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm lucky MHW is my first MH game because I've actually be surprised at how many monsters there are lol. When I first got to HR I thought there would only be another monster or two, but I keep finding more and more (even if a lot of them are just reskins)

How often do they add in new ones? I was pleasantly surprised when I fought Kirin since he was pretty different from everything else up to that point, and apparently he was dlc?

Last edited:

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone have any suggestions for great Charge Blades/Skills/Armor sets to aim for?
The generic raw damage build works well with charge blade, diablos weapon, don't need to stack affinity since phials can't crit so instead you get some artillery points and whatever gives attack(attack boost/peak performance), handicraft as high as possible, expose weakness because even though you don't need much affinity, it's 50% for 3pts so it's hard to pass on pretty much any build, elementless decoration if you have that too.

Generally the base to work with early on is dragonking eyepatch+teostra gloves beta to cap weakness exploit, death's stench heels and handicraft charm for your handicraft(when using handicraft centric weapons like most diablos type weapons), then whatever you like for the rest, Dober's chest and Nergigante Coil beta for +2 attack each for example, or if you want more charge blade specific gear, dodo coil+dodo greaves+kushala chest, gives 2artillery, capacity boost and 2handicraft instead of 4attack and 2handicraft.

As you get jewels that don't suck, you can start replacing the gear with more stats and maxing other stuff.

Advantage of that gear, especially the attack version, is you can use it with most weapons and have a good base to test endgame stuff if you want to check it out. You can swap the handicraft stuff for say Dober legs+attack charm if you use a natural white weapon and so on.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

I am for sure, I already did everything there was to do in World and I started over on PC with a different weapon and goal but I'm taking it very slow, can't wait for Ultimate, mainly because there's a shit ton of armors and quests in Ultimate, even in the starting phase of the game there's already 30 armors available in different styles and G-Rank which I never got to in 4U.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Then let's hope you're not in for a rude awakening.

Hell yea I'm ready for a rude awakening

The generic raw damage build works well with charge blade, diablos weapon, don't need to stack affinity since phials can't crit so instead you get some artillery points and whatever gives attack(attack boost/peak performance), handicraft as high as possible, expose weakness because even though you don't need much affinity, it's 50% for 3pts so it's hard to pass on pretty much any build, elementless decoration if you have that too.

Generally the base to work with early on is dragonking eyepatch+teostra gloves beta to cap weakness exploit, death's stench heels and handicraft charm for your handicraft(when using handicraft centric weapons like most diablos type weapons), then whatever you like for the rest, Dober's chest and Nergigante Coil beta for +2 attack each for example, or if you want more charge blade specific gear, dodo coil+dodo greaves+kushala chest, gives 2artillery, capacity boost and 2handicraft instead of 4attack and 2handicraft.

As you get jewels that don't suck, you can start replacing the gear with more stats and maxing other stuff.

Advantage of that gear, especially the attack version, is you can use it with most weapons and have a good base to test endgame stuff if you want to check it out. You can swap the handicraft stuff for say Dober legs+attack charm if you use a natural white weapon and so on.

That's kind of overkill though, isn't it? I kind of enjoy proccing status with the other charge blades, even if it's not min/maxing.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't there more layered armor in this game? Hopefully they do the arch tempred thing for a lot of monster to give fashion Hunters more options.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'm lucky MHW is my first MH game because I've actually be surprised at how many monsters there are lol. When I first got to HR I thought there would only be another monster or two, but I keep finding more and more (even if a lot of them are just reskins)

How often do they add in new ones? I was pleasantly surprised when I fought Kirin since he was pretty different from everything else up to that point, and apparently he was dlc?

Yeah for a newcomer I think the content is good. I guess only vets complain because they are used to the other games where it's easier to reuse a lot of past monsters (I would assume porting monsters between games was easier with the same engine/console etc...)

Anyways, Kirin isn't DLC, it's just an optional monster. There are 4 DLC monsters so far on PS4/One: Deviljho, Kulve Taroth, Lunastra (female variant of Teostra with new attacks) and Behemoth from Final Fantasy.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah for a newcomer I think the content is good. I guess only vets complain because they are used to the other games where they reuse a lot of past monsters.

Anyways, Kirin isn't DLC, it's just an optional monster. There are 4 DLC monsters so far on PS4/One: Deviljho, Kulve Taroth, Lunastra (female variant of Teostra with new attacks) and Behemoth from Final Fantasy.

Ah ok. DLC monsters aren't on PC yet?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Hell yea I'm ready for a rude awakening

That's kind of overkill though, isn't it? I kind of enjoy proccing status with the other charge blades, even if it's not min/maxing.
Not sure what you mean by overkill, it's just a generic damage build. You can obviously do a lot of other things, I was just explaining a basic build that works with any elementless weapon so you can reuse the gear, and the gear itself can be changed for various pieces that have similar skills.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I'd expect the new stuff to hit when the current round of events on the website ends, on the 31st. That'd be 3weeks after launch, which sounds reasonable. They might speed up after but the first DLC might not be needed asap since a lot of people are new and as such still progressing through current content.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, gotta do the HR29 quest to hunt two tempered Bazelgeuse. Not looking forward to that... Might come back to this thread in about an hour begging for help.

If I go off doing other quests now it'll still count those rank points once I clear this urgent quest, right? Like, I'll jump from 29 to a higher rank than 30 similar to when you finish the story. I'm ever so slightly inebriated and I dunno if I can handle that Bezelgeuse quest rn lol. Barely made it through Nergigante.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ugh, gotta do the HR29 quest to hunt two tempered Bazelgeuse. Not looking forward to that... Might come back to this thread in about an hour begging for help.

If I go off doing other quests now it'll still count those rank points once I clear this urgent quest, right? Like, I'll jump from 29 to a higher rank than 30 similar to when you finish the story. I'm ever so slightly inebriated and I dunno if I can handle that Bezelgeuse quest rn lol. Barely made it through Nergigante.

It's actually not that bad. They usually gang up on each other, so use the time to help the strongest one out.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
After getting pretty decent with insect glaive, I wanted to see what I was missing out on other weapons, particularly ones that have bigger hits. I really like gun lance but feel that it's less mobile than I'd like. Given that critique, I doubted that I'd like greatsword but, with the tackle, not only does it feel more mobile to me than gun lance, but those hits! I... have felt the power....

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to try and fight a rathian (I have an optional quest for it). I... Guess 120 defense is not enough for that. He damn near 1-hits me. I can't avoid his attacks. The area he can hit is huge.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I decided to try and fight a rathian (I have an optional quest for it). I... Guess 120 defense is not enough for that. He damn near 1-hits me. I can't avoid his attacks. The area he can hit is huge.
She. Rathians are ladies dude, show them respect! BEHOLD THE QUEEN OF THE SKIES!

Don't worry. She has an husband who can't wait to meet you.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually not that bad. They usually gang up on each other, so use the time to help the strongest one out.

Scared me too, but they actually prefer to fight each other. Just wait till one flies away and then take care of the remaining solo geuse.

Managed to pull it off OMG. Had to use dung bombs liberally, but I also let them fight at one point after main one I was targeting left for a new area. Can't believe it I managed that lmao. Definitely not as bad as I thought it'd be. Each one of them went limping after about 10-15 strikes with my Spikey Boi GS.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Managed to pull it off OMG. Had to use dung bombs liberally, but I also let them fight at one point after main one I was targeting left for a new area. Can't believe it I managed that lmao. Definitely not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Well done. Onto the next challenge.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

If you beat the game and went from HR 14 to HR 29, that's because the game stored up enough XP for you to get there during your normal play. It works the same way once HR 29 opens up till (I think) HR 49.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just killed Kushala Daora for the first time, are you guaranteed 2 gems when looting it? They're pretty rare generally, no ?

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
I'm constantly getting disconnected today. Unplayable online. I'm continuosly getting disconnected.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Just killed Kushala Daora for the first time, are you guaranteed 2 gems when looting it? They're pretty rare generally, no ?

Yeah they're pretty rare. If it's like the other gems, they have a 3% drop rate from a carve, so count yourself lucky!

I'm constantly getting disconnected today. Unplayable online. I'm continuosly getting disconnected.

Yeah, same thing. I've gotten DC'd from two quests now. This fix they're supposedly working on can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If you beat the game and went from HR 14 to HR 29, that's because the game stored up enough XP for you to get there during your normal play. It works the same way once HR 29 opens up till (I think) HR 49.
Oh, is that so? I thought it's been forever since I hit HR 14. It stays on that level even though I put so many hours into the game this weekend.

I like to craft lots of cool-looking armor and various elemental weapons, 67 hours in and just beat the first of the three elder dragons. I guess it's not that far to the end of the story.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Games feels better after dumping the cat. Feels like I am in the shit now as opposed to a leisurely stroll in the Monster Hunter park.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Games feels better after dumping the cat. Feels like I am in the shit now as opposed to a leisurely stroll in the Monster Hunter park.
It's the easiest Monster Hunter so far. At least there will be a couple decent challenges in the late game and released as DLC (that we have already gotten on console).

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
TIL there are stuff you can do by marking the monster and sending the kinsect to attack. I'm 40 hours in maining IG...