• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
On PS4/XOne, it happens like typical GaaS game, afaik I believe all events would returns regularly.

For Events, they have the roadmap/schedule for Events in the official website, at least for console version.

There is also weekly bounty system where you need to do specific tasks (kill certain monsters, etc) that rewards you with tickets you can trade for various materials.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
The crashing every 15-20 minutes issue reminds me of the older issue with sfv and some other games that you had to close or disable (cant remember which) some wacom tablet drivers or something like that.
Maybe it is unrelated though.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Recorded a video showing performance at 1440p on my 7600k + gtx 1080. Maxed out aside from volume rendering set to low.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Soviet Bear

May 25, 2018
Averaging above 60 fps at 1080p with an i5 4690K (oc'ed to 4.2GHz) and a 1070

Most are my settings are max aside from that Volumetric Rendering setting being off and having FXAA on because I can't decide whether TAA makes the long distance objects look worse.

I noticed that setting the resolution to "Variable (favour framerate)" makes it flicker between resolutions and unbelievably irritating. So I left it at high and that works just fine.

Not sure why there is no DS4 support on launch. Very odd.

All in all it's fine so far. I'm really appreciating the higher frame-rate compared to consoles.

TyMiles2012

Mar 26, 2018
Yeah. It does work though. Kinda wierd why we can't just use steam invites. Maybe they'll fix it.

Hopefully. Squads worked very well since you could make your own and just log into it in game so you have a private room with your friends with no hassle. Pulling up steam to send invites would be the next best thing, or even Discord Rich Presence. That would be way better since we have our own server.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game is using 95% of my i5-6400, but i'm getting almost 0 framedrops in 1080p/60fps with a 1060 6gb

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Controller support seems to be iffy.

As DS4 works for me supported or not in options on steam.

While other people can't get any to work.

They have an official Steam Input configuration for the Steam Controller... but it's oddly not set as the recommended and doesn't seem to work anyhow. Not sure what's going on there.

But the standard gamepad inputs in Steam Input are working however, which is all you really need. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 29, 2017
So I just got the game, and can't for the life of me figure out why it won't let me bind stuff using my PS4 controller. It won't detect any of the buttons when I try to bind them but it lets me navigate Steam/the Monster Hunter menus using it? I have my PS4 controller plugged in via USB and Steam detects it/I toggled it on in the controller settings for Steam. Any ideas?

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
So I just got the game, and can't for the life of me figure out why it won't let me bind stuff using my PS4 controller. It won't detect any of the buttons when I try to bind them but it lets me navigate Steam/the Monster Hunter menus using it? I have my PS4 controller plugged in via USB and Steam detects it/I toggled it on in the controller settings for Steam. Any ideas?
In your Steam BPM controller settings there's 'Playstation config support' try that.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Game runs great on a 970 for anyone wondering, just turn off volumetric lighting. You gain performance and the game looks better.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
That's odd, I didn't touch any controller settings for my DS4 and it just worked.

TGM3

Oct 26, 2017

Make sure on steam you have Playstation configuration support turned on. Open steam and click steam at the top left, then settings > controller > general controller options > playstation configuration support. Worth switching on general support too since it has solved issues on some games for me. I've got mine connected by USB and turning those options on makes everything worth without any further configuration.

While you're in the game itself, bring up the steam overlay and go to controller configuration then choose browse configs and pick gamepad with camera controls. Those two together usually sort any controller issues I have.

Last edited:

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, no better feeling than taking 1 fucking second to carve a dead Jagras and have the monster and my team instantly fuck off to somewhere else that I can't find a route to, while being too close for Scout Flies to activate.

Followed by them getting a Tail and a Kill

Fuck the Ancient Forest, seriously

I can see where everyone is in 3D-Space, but I can't find any routes to said spot.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Is FPS affect ed by people you're connected to??? I was getting 70+ before but we joined a different friend who cant run the game well (GTX 660) and I'm getting 20-30 less fps.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is FPS affect ed by people you're connected to??? I was getting 70+ before but we joined a different friend who cant run the game well (GTX 660) and I'm getting 20-30 less fps.

That's a good question. I've been getting pinged about folks connecting to a session when I'm out on a hunt, wonder if the game handling that in the background has had an impact on performance at all?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Does volume rendering do something neat that the screenshots dont show and makes it worth the performance loss?

I've really tried to find a spot where a very similar effect couldn't have been achieved with light N64 distance fog and I haven't seen it yet.

Can't find any spot where it captures light (ala volumetric smoke like you'd see in The Division or something)...

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've really tried to find a spot where a very similar effect couldn't have been achieved with light N64 distance fog and I haven't seen it yet.

Can't find any spot where it captures light (ala volumetric smoke like you'd see in The Division or something)...

The sad thing is that even though it's a performance hog, it looks weird when it rains with it off...

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
do you know before each hunt begins exactly what the monster's strengths and weaknesses are so you can go in with the right weapon/armor/ammo?...or do you only learn this after fighting it one time (like with Dark Souls)?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
do you know before each hunt begins exactly what the monster's strengths and weaknesses are so you can go in with the right weapon/armor/ammo?...or do you only learn this after fighting it one time (like with Dark Souls)?

You pick up tracks and fight them which gives you points persay which you can see weakness. In the start menu go to Info>HUnter's Notes> Monster Field Guy

You can access it from a NPC too at the hub.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Mine is overclocked, so I can only hope I get 60 or very close to it. How is your performance while actually doing missions?

Edit: I have a 1070.
40-50. Sometimes 55 when there isn't a lot going on. It does'nt feel too bad but i'm pretty bummed I can't hit a stable 60. I can probably tweak some setting more but most stuff is already low or off.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
there's no health bar on the monsters?...so you don't know how much more damage you need to inflict?...