• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
For real though... I'd love to just have these... Valstrax was SUCH a fun fight in GenU. Gore Magala is SUCH a badass monster (It'd be weird to see it in a game without shagaru magala, so would it be automatically in or?)
There's really little reason to not include Shaggy or Chaotic if Gore were to get in, as they all have pretty much the same moveset as if Gore was in awakened mode.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Given how much people like being ripped off by shlooter games, MHW even without the DLC is worth 2 games worth of money.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they made Kulve Taroth work with the whole multiplayer cutscene thing so hopefully they just do that with the rest of the game, lol.
Except for those assholes that AFK and don't hit the button to skip.

I've run Kulve over 100 times! I really don't need to see the cutscene again!

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm imagining that it will be a straight subspecies, as Deviants have far more pronounced visual changes than what we see here.
Having a bunch of ice spikes added is literally Elderfrost Gammoth. Most subspecies models are just a palette swap outside the odd exception like Rust Duramboros. Considering the name though, Shrieking Legiana is not a Deviant just because it doesn't follow the Deviant naming scheme of "adjectivenoun monster".

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
My best guessing: Blangonga and Rajang are going to be our first "old New World" Beasts. They both fit the Snow/Ice theme of this game well enough, they share a skeleton in common, and the New World newbies need to be introduced to a new level of pain in a manner only Capcom's resident OC Super Saiyan can produce~!

They can literally have Rajang's introduction cutscene just have it beating the FUCK out of an Arch Tempered Kirin and chowing down on it right there on the spot, and I will CHEER.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Here's a summary of all weapon changes in Iceborne

Changes include being able to use slingers with weapon out/mid-combo and having a new slinger called clutchclaw that will allow Hunters to cling to monsters and perform new attacks.

Anyone know what that armor is at 3:44? Was that in the base game? I haven't played in months.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glavenus coming back is cool, but it's yet another damn brute Wyvern. Show us new skeletons!

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Those who are not sure about Zinogre making it: Why would Capcom offer layered Yukumo, the armor associated with the story introduction of Zinogre, as a pre-order if that monster weren't there?
Behemoth already resembles it skeleton-wise.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be rather disappointed if Rathian gets taken out like a chump again by Glavenus. Show the queen some respect goddamn it.
Those who are not sure about Zinogre making it: Why would Capcom offer layered Yukumo, the armor associated with the story introduction of Zinogre, as a pre-order if that monster weren't there?
Because it's a fan favorite armor in general.

That said, Zinogre's definitely in, it's literally the most popular monster in the entire series.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there are more cover monsters coming. Zinogre, Gore Magala, Brachydios and Lagiacrus would be nice additions.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately the three seconds of Glavenus teasing was enough hype to overpower the three minutes of story/handler anti-hype.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like at the very least we'll get one returning flagship per map in the base game. Nargacuga for the Ancient Forest, Tigrex for the Rotten Vale, Glavenus for the Wildspire Wastes.

So rounding that conservative estimate off, probably Zinogre for the Coral Highlands and Brachydios or Valstrax for the Elder's Recess.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Nope. Probably a Master Rank set (Anjanath or whatever purple monster)? Or the Yukumo set?
Well I know what the first thing I'm farming is, lol. Also how dare they make the long sword look even more anime than it already was in World. I can't resist, even tho I'm a Great Sword/Lance main.

EDIT: If it's Yukumo layered armor I just gotta pre order I guess.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
It looks like at the very least we'll get one returning flagship per map in the base game. Nargacuga for the Ancient Forest, Tigrex for the Rotten Vale, Glavenus for the Wildspire Wastes.

So rounding that conservative estimate off, probably Zinogre for the Coral Highlands and Brachydios or Valstrax for the Elder's Recess.
Don't say it like that, I want the entire roster on the anniversary art damnit!

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
If Valstrax gets in, you know they're gonna give it a crazy turf war with Nerg where the red meteor collides with the spiky dive bomb.
Nerg isn't going to have an easy fight, Valstrax seems like a very good counter to its tools, haha.

They could do a lot with Valstrax in the open world areas.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yesss fucking Tigrex. I hope that means the Tigrex Jawblade is back. I loved that weapon's primitive design. It's literally teeth and a jaw.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nerg isn't going to have an easy fight, Valstrax seems like a very good counter to its tools, haha.

They could do a lot with Valstrax in the open world areas.
Based on the pattern we've seen with Narga and Rathalos and Odogaron and Tigrex, Valstrax would be the only elder dragon that's Nerg's equal. I imagine their battle ending with a massive explosion of dragon and black spikes with both monsters disoriented.

I'd love if Valstrax appeared as a red star in the sky long before you actually meet it. Would be a great Easter egg.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell did not think that Glavenus would be in. Sorry Anjanath the real T. Rex is back!
Glavenus is actually based on one of the weirdest theropod dinosaurs, Carnotaurus. The real animal was a lithe speedster who was basically the cheetah of large theropods. Its huge tail wasn't a weapon like Glavenus', but instead the attachment point for some incredibly powerful leg muscles.

8ae6db99f7603a611b34820ec36f6bc4.jpg

banter

Jan 12, 2018
So with Shrieking Legiana being a variant... Savage Deviljho is a likely candidate as well.

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
HOLY SHIT, MY BOY GLAVENUS IN THERE!!!!!!!

Fighting Glavenus with Adept LS was one of the most satisfying things ever in MH. I hope they nail the feeling of fighting him.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Glavenus is actually based on one of the weirdest theropod dinosaurs, Carnotaurus. The real animal was a lithe speedster who was basically the cheetah of large theropods. Its huge tail wasn't a weapon like Glavenus', but instead the attachment point for some incredibly powerful leg muscles.

8ae6db99f7603a611b34820ec36f6bc4.jpg
Cool! Had no idea. Already super hyped for this expansion, but now it's through the roof. Just need Zinogre and Gore and I'll be over the moon.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the pattern we've seen with Narga and Rathalos and Odogaron and Tigrex, Valstrax would be the only elder dragon that's Nerg's equal. I imagine their battle ending with a massive explosion of dragon and black spikes with both monsters disoriented.

I'd love if Valstrax appeared as a red star in the sky long before you actually meet it. Would be a great Easter egg.
Honestly, I thought the first Iceborne trailer had a tease like that for a second, then I realized it was just a SOS flare, haha.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glavenus is a surprise. Add Zinogre, Brachydios, and Dalamadur you cowards.

May 9, 2019
Glavenus bores me and they better fix the powder drops from him because that was ridiculous. Seems that this poster might be what the line up is going to be

ktrb91xhwc231.jpg

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Did they revamp the MP system, matchmaking , lobbies etc ?
A lot of World's smaller problems are being addressed, smaller hub, options available outside the house, even better mobility in the bigger maps... I doubt they leave MP problems untouched when those were the loudest complaints about MHW.