• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I played about 30 hours on the Pro. Then I upgraded my PC and played it there installed to an SSD. The difference is incredible. There are literally 1-2 second load times now, I can't even read the loading hints. On my pro it was like 30 seconds at times.

It really does change the dynamic of the game as you never wait.

I did the same thing. The first time I loaded a quest and it was ready instantly I was like "There must be some mistake."

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Ray Tracing I could see

As for Load Times and 4K you can achieve that now by installing an SSD in a PS4 Pro
For a lot of games, even just having your game listed on the store as a PS5/XBSX game is worth the port effort, especially for games with long lasting appeal like Capcom's that continue to sell years down the line. Though Capcom never treated MH as game in that category except for MHXX on Switch, so you never know. But I don't see BC stopping us from seeing current gen games getting next gen ports.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
For a lot of games, even just having your game listed on the store as a PS5/XBSX game is worth the port effort, especially for games with long lasting appeal like Capcom's that continue to sell years down the line. Though Capcom never treated MH as game in that category except for MHXX on Switch, so you never know. But I don't see BC stopping us from seeing current gen games getting next gen ports.

Hmmm yeah I can see them doing this then

Though I would very much like to see them attempt to incorporate either cross save or cross play in some form to avoid splitting communities a third time over

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
It's also worth pointing out the Steam player counts post Iceborne have hit a peak of 284,000 which is an incredible attach rate with the original game launch peak of 329,000 over a year ago!

To clarify and be more exact, we're talking about peak daily concurrent users playing the game and not peak unique users at any given time.

With that in mind, Peak Daily CCU was 334,684 for the initial MHW launch window back in August 2018, and 284,524 for Iceborne this past weekend on Steam. This is public information registered via Steamstats but I wanted to provide clarification backed by exact numbers.

Either way, many users came back to play Iceborne and we're super thrilled with where things stand right now with MHW.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify and be more exact, we're talking about peak daily concurrent users playing the game and not peak unique users at any given time.

With that in mind, Peak Daily CCU was 334,684 for the initial MHW launch window back in August 2018, and 284,524 for Iceborne this past weekend on Steam. This is public information registered via Steamstats but I wanted to provide clarification backed by exact numbers.

Either way, many users came back to play Iceborne and we're super thrilled with where things stand right now with MHW.
PC loves MH. I hope the devs team see this going forward. I'd love to share the excitement of new content a long with console players one day.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017

Sorry if this post sounds like whining directed at you, it isn't. You're likely to have no say in the matter but hopefully this success means they can remove/fix all the issues PC is currently having due to anti-tamper/drm methods. I personally haven't been having too many issues(besides needing to use a VPN so that I don't DC people in my session) but the game is currently sitting on "Mixed" reviews on Steam.

It's baffling why they went this route that greatly impacts performance for people. Not sure if it was to purposely to prevent people from using mods that literally no one complained about or if it was just to prevent piracy even though the base game showed that people were willing to spend money on the game even for a delayed port.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They probably will be more careful now with handling the franchise with how huge it became, and going by how Iceborne is handled I think they get it, they just need to make sure PC version will be ready for launch as well.

Also I wonder how this crazy rise of popularity will affect the sales of a Switch game (if it happens) in the future.

I still want a Switch game, but yeah, i'm sure it'd get a grilling in reviews and the community for being outdated if they remain using "Old World" graphics, gameplay and things.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I love MHW so much but I haven't played since it came out and I've been hesitant to pick up Iceborne for that reason, but god damn I'm glad to see how successful this game has been.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this post sounds like whining directed at you, it isn't. You're likely to have no say in the matter but hopefully this success means they can remove/fix all the issues PC is currently having due to anti-tamper/drm methods. I personally haven't been having too many issues(besides needing to use a VPN so that I don't DC people in my session) but the game is currently sitting on "Mixed" reviews on Steam.

It's baffling why they went this route that greatly impacts performance for people. Not sure if it was to purposely to prevent people from using mods that literally no one complained about or if it was just to prevent piracy even though the base game showed that people were willing to spend money on the game even for a delayed port.
They already acknowledged the issues and are working on a patch.

That being said... the game had major issues already in 2018, and Kaldaien did explain what was wrong, but instead of fixing those, they doubled down.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll get banned or at least beaten a bit if I god and grab some of the comments in the Monster Hunter World announcement thread, right?

Im glad the band aid got ripped

4th gen was a long period of 3DS only access to monster hunter and peoples heels were dug in deep

Made me sad to see such toxicity when the games themselves were some of the best ever made

The community now is mostly placated and content and so am I

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Congrats! Capcom doing great.

Don't even know why, wanted to like this game but could not get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot next-gen

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing stops this train - very well deserved.
Only thing missing now is a version optimized for next-gen system and adding Cross-Plattform multiplayer.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I got too used to the 2 year cycle we had going with Monster Hunter because I liked Monster Hunter Generations but I didn't even make it to G Rank in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate and some part of me did like Monster Hunter World to finish the game at least but I wasn't liking the lack of content and some of these New World mechanics/changes so I didn't play the game long after I initially beat it. As for Monster Hunter Iceborne I just couldn't muster enough interest to make it past Tigrex so I dropped the game.

It's pretty clear that with these sales Monster Hunter is now a yearly franchise in the west just like it has always been in Japan. I think I'm going trough some kind Monster Hunter burn out so I think that maybe I should start skipping the non G/Ultimate games at the very least on Console/PC because Monster Hunter on the go (Switch) feels more natural to me.

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Maybe I got too used to the 2 year cycle we had going with Monster Hunter because I liked Monster Hunter Generations but I didn't even make it to G Rank in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate and some part of me did like Monster Hunter World to finish the game at least but I wasn't liking the lack of content and some of these New World mechanics/changes so I didn't play the game long after I initially beat it. As for Monster Hunter Iceborne I just couldn't muster enough interest to make it past Tigrex so I dropped the game.

It's pretty clear that with these sales Monster Hunter is now a yearly franchise in the west just like it has always been in Japan. I think I'm going trough some kind Monster Hunter burn out so I think that maybe I should start skipping the non G/Ultimate games at the very least non Console/PC because Monster Hunter on the go (Switch) feels more natural to me.

Well there is certainly no harm just playing what works best for you. I have the opposite opinion of where MHW is the most comfortable and fun MH by far, so much so I could not go past the first couple of stars in G/Ultimate and promptly sold it.